Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday - 1/16/2014
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is cold this morning. It got colder yesterday early and we got some snow flurries and some sleet as well. Nothing much though. Yes, I am thankful for this. I am so ready for warmer weather. It is getting closer each day that passes by.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

I am having issues with my computer today so I am having to use my DH's right now. It is quite different from mine. I sure hope I can figure out how to fix mine soon. I am unable to even log in to mine for some reason.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find the right combination of tools which will surely make a difference in the way you feel. Please check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. Ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions and know that we understand what you are going through. Most of us have been where you are right now....seeking to find *anything* which might work to ease your pain. It is a rough time when you have tried so many *prescriptions* which did nothing to help you. It does take time and effort to find just what might make a difference. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help you. I think this is the reason that doctors have so many problems with people who have to deal with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

I know that in the beginning I tried different medicines but was unable to find anything which really worked for me without causing other side effects. I finally did my own research and found the right combination of *vitamins and supplements, as well as other things which helped me to control my FM pain*. It was NOT an easy road to take but it ended up being a good one.

So hang in here and learn all you can about what other FMers do that has helped them. Do your own research on FM and find what works for you.

Yesterday I went to get my teeth cleaned and checked. I have had some issues with my teeth being stained. I thought it was the mouthwash I was using which was blue. So I changed to one which had no color. The next time I did NOT have the stain. Well, it came back. So I have no idea what is causing this. The dentist said it was probably just something in either the toothpaste or mouthwash which reacts to my teeth. So I am now going to change mouthwash again and toothpaste as well to see if I can figure this out. The lady who cleaned my teeth tried to use water to do so since that is better.....nope...I could not stand this. My teeth and gums were too sensitive. When I was young I had issues with my teeth. Had a lot of dental work done. I have soft teeth and have had all sorts of problems with them. What is odd is my children all have very good teeth. My 2 sons never even had any cavities until they were grown. But now the grand sons have also had issues. Don't quite understand just how this works.

Being on another computer is not exactly how I had planned my day. So I will be done for a while.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day and remember to pace, pace and pace some more. Stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
hi Mimi..so sorry you are having computer issues...I just hate that...but glad you did find a way to get on.

I had to leave work early today..and now on my way to take dad to an appointment...not looking forward to this.

I hate to tell you..but it must be almost 90 degrees today..so hot and dry...I guess L.A. is having fires..I hope we don't.

well..I had better get going..just wanted to check in.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
WOW*******I guess we all need to MOVE out there.

I am so ready for springtime.

My daughter actually came over and fixed my computer....I am so glad that she was able to do this. I had done everything I knew to do but could not sign in. It took her a good 15 minutes or so. She is actually really good doing things with the computer. This is several times that mine locked up.

I hope things are getting better for you.

Take care.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:

Good evening. It is gusty, snowy, and cold as can be here today. We had a few inches of snow that blew and drifted like crazy so I had to snowblow when I got home. I just checked the weather, a few more inches tonight, more Tomorrow night, and more Saturday night. Blaaah...I am ready for spring.

I had a hard day today. I think it was because I had fewer distractions than I usually do. I have been in a slump all day that I can't put my finger on. Most likely a combination of things. The weather put me in a higher pain mode. I planned to exercise but after moving snow I am done for the day. I do have a lot to be thankful and happy for but I still feel pretty low. Tomorrow is a new day.

We ordered new boots for my eldest son and he needs them badly. They arrived today with the correct invoice and the wrong boots. They are not even close to being right. Back they will go and hopefully we will get the ones we ordered soon.

On a good note, I am inside now and warm, my chair is calling me soon, and tomorrow is Friday! I am looking forward to that. Take care everyone, have a good night.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
hi all.. evening. I'm in the midst of tapering off the seizure med that has me so depressed, another day and I start the new med. I'm still fighting this depression.

It has been helpful to babysit my grandkids some this week--they are instant anti-depressants--although they also tire me out a lot. But its OK--they are well worth my energy.

Another help I have found is listening to sermons about how King David and Elijah got out of depression back in Bible days, with God's help.

Another thing-- with all the meds and changes of meds, my gutt is miserable. So taking some Activia yogurt has made that seem to feel better. Its spendy though. I am thinking I will make some fresh yogurt; found a store brand that has 5 different yogurt cultures in it--so I'm thinking that will help, if I use it as a starter. I have a yogurt maker.

Just doing dishes or some little chore is helpful.

Tomorrow I"m gonna grill a steak for lunch. I'm going to slice up about 2/3 of it for cold salad or just to munch on the beef alone. Its a lean cut. I know for me, beef is somehow a good mood booster when I remember to use it.

Was reading about beef today and found out that a study was done recently using a diet similar to Dash diet except with lean beef included in the diet every day-- and it seems it actually was as good as DASH for the heart--even a little better. Something in that stuff that really adds to the body I think. Protein, but also some vitamins I think.

Anyhow so that's where I am. Fighting some pretty overwhelming blues but not giving up.
mary

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone!
Mimi, I am glad your daughter fixed your computer. I know if mine was not working it would be hard for me.
Cory and Mary, I am sorry to hear about your depression. I wander if it is the weather? I really hope things will get better for each of you. I know how hard it is to get out of that funk.
Cece- wow 90 degrees! I thought we got warm being in the 70's last weekend. I am not sure if I would want it that warm. Where do you live? I live in north Flordia above Panama City.
I hope everyone's weekend will be good.
Soft hugs,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
cece, I'll be out in LA next Wed - Monday. DH's brother had been given 2 weeks to 8 weeks to live. 5th stage liver cancer. ='( So we're flying in so the whole family can be with him.
Not looking forward to the dry fire conditions. Fires in Glendora right now started by 3 idiots who had an illegal fire going.
Anyway am looking forward to 80 degrees. Nice change from the below freezing going on here. Sad reason to get away from it tho.

Okay, have a great day.. higs, Linda R

bette_kaffitz responded:
What a diverse group we are. We all have different problems and concerns, yet we all use our own brands of logic, love, and trial and error to solve them. And then we share what worked--and what didn't. MiMi with her teeth. Mary with her DASH diet some good, old fashioned beef protein. Cory with the wrong boots for his son. Cece with the idea of 90 degrees and the fires that type of heat brings to L.A. Linda going to L.A. to be with her beloved brother-in-law at this sad time.

What it boils down to is that we share our lives, not just our experiences with fibro. But it all started with the desire to learn more and help ourselves. Then it grew into a NEED to help all of those who come here. So we shared.

That sharing has made us into a true family of people from all walks of life, from all over the U.S (and some from other countries, too), from so many diverse backgrounds of happy and far-from-happy past experiences.

I know I haven't expressed it very well, but what it boils down to is that we have become a cohesive unit. We are a family. We are a network of separate people who are always on the lookout for answers to help each of us--individually and separately. We are so much more than the sum of our individual members. We are one giant outpouring of love, compassion, inquisitiveness, intelligence, and purpose.

I feel that the answer to what fibromyalgia is, how it begins, how it can be lessened, how it can be cured, how it can be prevented--all of that and more--will come from us, the people who KNOW fibromyalgia and share all its many facets. We will do this.

But, in the meantime, how wonderful it is to know that there are so many of us who care about each other, who understand each other, and who freely share what works, what doesn't, what did--but doesn't, and what we'd like to try.

Think on it.

Bette

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette--
So true. this is the only place I feel like I am always accepted even if I am feeling really down. For all you hear in the world about looking out for depressed people and all that stuff-- mention you are struggling and people scatter. Except here.
Mary

mnjeepguy replied to missist's response:
So true. I need to come here almost every day. It's not just to share, but to see how all you wonderful people are doing. How my body reacts these days has changed so many things. The only ones who truly understand are here.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Debbie..I am in San diego, Ca...and the Santa Anna winds have been blowing ...they are hot and dry..and usually causes fires..but this usually happens in Oct...so it is sad to see it in Jan...The ones in Glendora yesterday were bad..hope they get a handle on it today..I haven't heard much lately..but these also seem to give everyone a headache.

Linda...try to keep in touch..I know you all will be busy with the family..but it timing is good..maybe we can connect..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Message me, fb? your phone # I'll Thursday evening. If that's okay. I'll message you mine.

booch007 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette,
Why don't we have a "LIKE" button!!

So right, well written and geez should be the topper for the board here....so all that come here know who we are and why we post.

Nancy B

chi3f replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette,

You summed it up very nicely. I just came across the forum although I have been a long Web-MD user. I am using the site as a collaborative leaning environment example for a school project, and started to really look into the feature where I found this forum. I have been dealing with fibromyalgia for three years and going to try yogi and aqua-exercise, shoveling snow recently did not help much at all. I limit my computer usage because of disk problems but hope to visit the forum often. Hello to everyone

Bill

bette_kaffitz replied to chi3f's response:
Bill,

I would love to try yoga. They say it's coming to our newly-opened Y. If you can get to an aquatic exercise class in a WARM pool, go for it. It is one of the best ways for those of us with fibro go get our bodies moving with little or no "load" on them. If you are ever--at some future date--sent for physical therapy, try to get your doctor to recommend that it be aquatic therapy. You have no idea how bad the flares from the land-based varieties can be. The warm water therapy, on the other hand is a natural for us.

Just go on doing your best each day. And be fair to your body. There are days when you can not do everything. Accept that.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
369 of 396 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.