Skip to content
TGIF******1/17/2014******Roll Call ******New members too.
dollbug posted:
TGIF****can you believe it is Friday again?? This first month of the new year is passing by quickly. We are past the middle of the month and headed for the last part of it. 17th day. OMG* MiMi in NC and it is COLD and going to get colder for the next few days. I am so ready for spring....with warmer weather.

I kept my GS yesterday for a couple of hours. Forgot to take my P5P and OMG my back was screaming at me before I got back home. I had planned to do some errands but that did NOT happen. It was all good though since my DD came over to fix my computer. She is a whiz at computers. Thank goodness for that as I would have NOT figured out what to do. I had checked everything that I knew to check. I could NOT even get signed on. It would prompt me to sign in and then made a loud and very strange sound and then go back to the start. She was able to get it back on track though and did some updates on the protection of the computer as well. I have 4 bad things pop up.
So many things can happen with this *modern day technology equipment*. Can't live without it now though. Funny thing is.

All of my children have learned how and what to do with computers and phones as well. So the GC are now learning all about this as well. This new generation of children will indeed be quite smart on all of the new gadgets. Perhaps this is good or perhaps it is not. I am sure only time will tell.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find the right combination of tools which will make a difference for you. Hang in here and learn all you can. Check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*.....as I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and this can also affect other illnesses as well.

There are no quick fixes to dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. There is nothing that works for us all. We are all different and what works for one may or may NOT work for you. Only you will know when you have found the right tool(s) that is working in your favor.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good start. It helps to keep a *positive attitude* as well. Know that when you are having a bad day.....*this too will pass*.....just try to rest, use a heating pad and do something to keep your mind off of your pain. Read a good book or listen to some music or perhaps tune in to a good movie. Everyone has something that can distract them for a while. When it gets warmer we can all get out and enjoy the sunshine and soak up the natural Vitamin D. Plan your vacation or then again.....do nothing but rest.....which can also be a very good thing.

Getting enough of a good sleep helps us to allow our bodies to repair.....which is very important for us FMers. Drinking lots of water each and every day just might make a BIG difference for some as well.

I know that I have been drinking water for years now. I drink bottle water....since I have well water. Yes, there is a BIG difference in this. And as with other things there is a variety of water products on the market. Who would have thought that kinds of water could/would make a difference? Well, trust me....it does. Just depends upon the *taste* that you want.
Some are better than others. Not sure just why but it is.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Thoughts and prayers go out to those of you who are dealing with extra issues. It is hard and stressful on us FMers who have issues with just dealing with our health. Anything extra is never a good thing. Here is hoping whatever you are faced with that things will indeed improve soon.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon. The sun was shining bright after work. All of the white stuff can make it hard to see. The sun has been hiding though so it was good to see it shining bright. I was able to haul recyclables and even wash the poor truck. It has been to cold for a long time. We are going to get cold here once again, all a part of the January experience on the North Shore.

Work was better today, very busy but with a reasonable pace. My line was down ad on such a day I organize the repair work and delegate who does it. It seems odd that I get to do that, but having run said line for so long they have me take the reins for this. Everyone was good to work with today and I always show my thanks.

Today I started a twice a day dose of the Plaquenil. I have taken it once a day for a week, now up to full dose of 2 per day. It could be why I had a rare headache this afternoon. I have not noticed a change yet, it states that it could take 4-12 weeks. By then it may be warm enough that I feel better. This is part of why it is hard for me to find things that help. I am hopeful it will. My joints have not felt good in a long time. My soft tissue pain has been lower. The higher Gabapentin is helping some. The pain in my leg has been gone for a few days, one good improvement. I will take it.

I am thinking of you all and hoping you have a good evening. Take care everyone.

Cory

I am still in a slump but crawling back up. It is Friday after all. Time to sleep in a little and relax as much as possible to recharge myself for the next weeks round. I have some work on the bath to do, but not much I have to wait to buy some drywall for the next phase.

fibroinsd responded:
afternoon..

Had a day of training today..it was fine..but I am tired..now we are sitting here waiting for the Time-Warner guy to come fix something...They sent one out last week, but it was too dark for him to go on the roof..so he set it up for 1 pm today..and when we called they said he would be out between 3 pm and 7 pm..well..looks like it will be too dark again...We told them that..but I have no idea what will happen...again...why it wasn't a better time..???

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

booch007 replied to fibroinsd's response:
Good morning,

Talking on Friday when it is Saturday.

Cece I really hate cable people.........who would have though we would pay 200.00 a month to watch TV. It was free when we were kids....

So, good Saturday to all. I twisted my knee (dang it) going after those dang stink bugs. We all here in my neighborhood have the problem of stink bugs. I see one "helmuted" bug once in a while...they gravitate to a light and I always get em, and the CAT is my alarm...she sees them immediately and has a cry out signal. It is amazing to hear. So I lunged forward to get the bug last night and when i got upright again...OMG...that inner ligament was screaming and now the knee is swollen and I could just cry.

I do believe at times you are given that paper cut to forget other crap in your head that is pulling you down, because as you know you are distracted like hell by that little paper cut.

Well my knee is my papercut for this day. I am hoping that good shoes today with arch up will help quiet this down.

Ok, going to see the little Emily today. She is in the giggling window now...so cute. Doing so well. All my fears have not come to realization. January is my organise month. Throw out...start the financial papers again and VOW to keep them current.

So I have this ahead of me. I want to follow oil usage this year and see how much we are using. It is going to be interesting.

OK good day to all.......try to find something special in this day to help bring joy into your life. It is so hard to carry this dragon or "drag" this dragon behind us.......... Nancy B

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday Mimi, Cory, Nancy and to all that follow. As always I wish each of you a good day Fibro issue and pain free day.

I hope the sun is shining where you are. We have bright sun right now, but they say that there may be some snow showers coming at us at some point. Not fully believing it, but you just never know, its cold, so it's possible. I am truly hating this up n down winter. So cold some days with light dustings of snow, then a warm day with rain. I just don't get it.

I am really looking forward to the warmth of California that I'm going to be getting for a few days next week and next weekend. I shouldn't be so giddy about getting warm days and sunshine when the trip is for my husband and I to say goodbye to his older brother who has stage 5 liver Cancer.

We have all of the arrangements to go made. His two older sisters are flying down from Oregon to Los Angeles. Will be with us on Thursday evening. I am not really NOT looking forward to seeing one of his older sisters. She is to put it kindly is a real witch and I can't say that I've had even one good conversation with her in 49 years. but I plan to play nice because this is just not the time to deal with her and her meanness with my husband being so terribly sad knowing that this will be the last time he will ever see his brother alive.

Will have to go back a read past posts because I am way so far behind with most of you. Forgive me. Between being sick with fibro or PN symptom or the sadness of my BIL I've been away an awful lot the past few months and fallen behind. Again for give me for not being current.

Okay need to get up from here and get dressed. I have to get a battery and new watch band at the Jewelry store and a stop at Wally World. Always so many things to buy and pack... It's cold so want to get things done while we have sunshine.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

michigian45 responded:
Hello I just enrolled Thank you for your post my first one I read I really enjoyed it and loved That's my story and I 'm stinking to it. I was nervous about trying to post but after reading yours it made me feel comfortable and I am looking forward to learning and sharing with others in the community.Thank you very much`.
Michigian46 (Dawn)

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.