Skip to content
Michigan Dawn
booch007 posted:
Good Morning and Welcome to the family. This is a unique site of people sharing a silent disease that few understand, heck we don't understand!

Come and lean in to get a hug when it's bad, ask a question that is killing you to figure out. (I got the answer to a carpenter ant invasion from the crowd.....cinnamon*) So the board is great.

There is information to the right under resources, please look in it. There is the Member's Toolbox there....this has so many tricks to try that some have found useful.

I also like to just share the book that changed my self care for me. It Is FM and Chronic Myofascial Pain by Dr. Devin Starlanyl. A suvival manual she calls it, and IT IS! It helps with eating, meds, stretching just pack full for the price of 19.99 I got mine on Amazon.com.

I would love to meet her someday, she has made a difference in my life. I bought the newest book too and my neurologist took it for a long time and finally gave it back. IT TOO is important to me, but the first is P R I C E L E S S !

I don't know how long you have been dealing with this, but it is a crazy thing right? You don't know what the day will be like until the day comes. Making it hard to commit to life. Some here are more active than others and in different levels of disrepair. Our hope for you is that coming here will give you the information you need to be better than when youdidn't know any of us.

Just the comraderie may be the ticket. Having someone validate that hand pain is real, the twitch in the face that hurts or the sudden burning toes IS part of this mess.

You think you are crazy after a while. A web of symptoms and no tests positive, a skeptical doctor, a frightened family that doesn't want anything wrong with you so they deny it all...and you too are in the mix of emotions trying to figure it all out. Tough stuff!

OK, I hope you stay and post often, share the road you are on, we learn from eachother, we see what worked for you and sometimes dip into that to see if it helps us. I have seen many physicians and tried many therapies. I have settled on trigger point injections to maintain me and massage to augment that. My meds are my post to lean, on but then I am busy after that distraction is my most powerful med. I work very full time and have been in real tough spots from crossing the line. Pain is something you do get used to being in, the heightened type though plants you and you need to regroup and give a bit, but I can say I am so much better for finding this site.

It is over 15 years I have used trial and error to figure my plan of care. So it is not easy. I think persistance pays off......healthy natural persistance. We are what we eat and drink, it is a big part of the care.
Junk in...junk out.

So I wish you all the best and hope for a "better you" soon...
Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.