Skip to content
Monday, Monday *****1/20/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where we are having very weird and strange weather again this week. It will be in the high 50*s today, 40*s tomorrow and the rest of the week it will go down hill from there. Arctic front headed our way is what they have said and a deep freeze. Chance of a few snowflakes but nothing to worry about. OMG*I am so ready for spring time. I am sick and tired of the cold, wind and rain. I also had a very high electricity bill this month. (I am sure that they are charging for all of the Christmas lights that were used-only I did not have anything but my tree and I only turned it on several times). I have always believed that the power company tacks on extra for the Christmas season.

Sunday was a very quiet day. DH had a temperature and I called and told everyone not to come over. The GC do NOT need whatever it is he has. I sure hope I don't get it as well.

I did fix chicken breasts with dried onions on them and we had vegetables with them. Easy and good as well. I did miss seeing the GC though. Normally they come to MiMi's every Sunday for lunch.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us as well, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. This does take a process of trial and error which does take time and effort. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found what works for you.

Learning about what others have found and then trying things just might may a difference in the way you feel. As for me...I use vitamins and supplements as well as other things.

We, FMers must keep on keeping on....until we figure out what it takes that will ease our pain.

Vitamin D is my favorite tip. Be sure and ask your doctor to check it when you go back into the office. This is really important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's all folks. Stay warm and stay safe.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening Mimi and all. As they said it would, the temp is almost 30 degrees colder today than yesterday. It will be cold for a bit but spring is closer every day.

Work was a long day, our longest of the week. We do not usually have them on a Monday, but it worked out alright. I had a good person to work with again. It can make the whole day better. I don't really have a problem working with anyone. I like most people.

I am still feeling somewhat better. My main problem joints are still there, but not as bad. I hope it continues. Good stuff.

We have one cat who is about 4 and never sits with people. She was born wild in our neighborhood. She used to hide all the time. Recently she has been sleeping with me and now she is in my lap. I think I finally tamed her.

I hope you all have a great night. Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..

I had a nice day today..got together with some people that I have worked with in the past as well as some of the people I work with now...had a little gab fest..

One of the ladies I worked with in the past...had change jobs so she could get health insurance...and the month that she got it..her son was injured in a terrible accident...he was just standing near one of the cliffs here and it gave way and he fell thirty feet...damaging his spine...he is lucky though..he will recover...another person here just died from a similar accident...and anyway...she said the first four days in the hospital would have cost 1.2 million dollars if she hadn't had insurance !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi all, Mimi: hope you don't get sick and I don't care for this cold weather coming again either. Glad I live in the Carolinas though and not up north.. brrr.

Corey-- you sound much happier. petting the cat. Amazing how much better things seem when a med is working isn't it?
I was still wondering though--did you get plaquenil for fibro or are they calling it something else? If you read this--I'd love to know-- cuz I'm looking at changing what I use for pain. --especially my wrists/ hands--I need them. I think I could handle more easily handle not walking but I need to work with the hands.

Cece-- egads-- what on earth is it anyone could get in a hospital worth 1.2 million in four days? This is insane isn't it?

I remember my dad's brain surgery & treatment was about 100,000 and at the time I was thinking, gosh that's so much money! Is it even worth doing if you know you will almost certainly die anyhow? I had a friend who had a tumor like his & she just said no. She did die--and probably was in worse shape while she was alive--but she didn't want to wipe out her husband financially when she knew she would be dead soon anyhow.

I'm glad the young man will survive and recover.
But that amount is just crazy.

Well so my day I cared for grandkids today. and I went and got my groceries. So that's about it. Got back from grocery about 5:30 and my feet have been up most of the evening since then...after feeding the dogs and myself.

I keep thinking I need to be more active but after an active day, there's nothing left in me.

Well tomorrow kids aren't coming so I am making a wedding cake topper for a customer. hope to get it all done in one day and send her pix. I've been working on different problem areas in my house and am happy it is looking better. Today I cleaned out my guest room and re-set it up for grandkids. I did it in a rush as they were coming over and I wanted to be sure it was ready in case they stayed for naps. Turned out we did not do naps today, but at least that mess is all done. Except--I shifted it to my room... lol.. so still need to do it. Its mainly stuff Hubby brought from the place he moved out of-- clothes/bedding/ towels. And my bedding that I used for Christmas when family was visiting--which I have still not figured out exactly how to properly store that. We have only bedroom closets up stairs and downstairs there are 2 but they are full of other things..so ?? I was thinking under beds maybe. I guess there's the attic but I don't want the bedding to get stinky. I was shocked I had to wash some of the blankets before folks came--i had them in those vacuum bags you suck the air out of --and when they came out they smelled like sour milk. Weird.

Well anyhow so getting things done, but always a little disappointed I don't get more done.

mary

mnjeepguy replied to missist's response:
Mary, I take Gabapentin for soft tissue pain. They never diagnosed me with anything yet, fibro was suggested and I am treated as such. My joints are painful as well and the Gabapentin did not seem to help that. My rheumatologist put me on a 6 month trial of Plaquenil for joint inflammation. Oddly, they could not find much evidence of inflamation but said I could try it. It seems to help but it's too early to be sure. I am 10 days into it. I had the same issue, no oomph left after work to do anything.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Corey-- I also take Gabapentin but I get I think more relief from celebrex--although gabapentin does make enough difference to not give it up--I'm hoping my Dr will RX me a cream from that compounding pharmacy someone had mentioned in tips. I contacted them and they talked to someone at my drs office today and sent some fax'd info--so maybe. the cream would contain gabapentin and probably ketoprofen and some other stuff. Anyhow I've always felt I have inflammation but it doesn't show up on tests--but it sure as heck acts like inflammation and I don't think celebrex is supposed to help fibro--so anyhow I was thinking maybe this plaquenil would be a potential replacement for celebrex? dunno--I'll look into it though. celebrex is about $200 a month out of pocket for me--so that's getting a bit much; advair almost the same and I have that too. So I'm starting to get pretty concerned about that--but also celebrex is starting to effect my gutt some--and that spells trouble.

Thanks for answering question--do you find you have a little more oomph after work now? I've been living in 'half days' for like 30 years; which is pretty sad. Actually the first 10 years or so I didn't even get that far. But I was pregnant and nursing a lot of it.
Mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
473 of 548 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.