Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday - 1/21/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC. I was able to sleep late this morning, which was NOT a bad thing. There is a program on tv that both my DH and I like to watch. It is about a man who goes around the country building *treehouses* for people. Huge and expensive treehouses. They actually show them building them. It is quite an interesting show....just comes on late. There are all kinds of treehouses too. I do not think there is nothing that the man and his team can NOT build.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I think this is what we all get up each morning and hope for. Just to have a good day without pain. To be able to do what we need or perhaps want to do without pain. Actually it would be nice to just have a *normal* day....whatever you think *normal* is.

It is cold here again and going to get colder. Another *cold blast* as they are calling it. the lows in the teens....and the highs not much beyond the 20's....I am so ready for spring. I could actually be ok with just skipping over the cold weather. When I was young I always thought it would be good to live in a place where there was snow every year. (what on earth was I thinking?) I guess with time we eventually figure out that nothing is what we had thought it might be, could be, should be. Nothing is as it seems. There are a lot of things like this though. Funny sometimes to think about it.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure you will find some good info here that just might help you cope better with dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox*....where you just might find good some *tools* to try.

We are all different and what helps one person may or may not help you....only you will know when you have found the *right combination of tools which work for you*. It does take a trial and error process to find what works. So hang in there and
learn all you can above the wrath of the dragon.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

I spent the majority of yesterday getting started on my schoolwork for this week. I've got 4 chapters to read, dozens of websites to look over, several videos to watch, two assignments, and posts and replies to make in discussion forums. Almost forgot the actual lecture materials and quiz (last week's 'quiz' was 9 pages long and had over 70 questions!) I made it through most of the lecture notes [which can be an ordeal on its own - I have to copy everything from the website, paste it into a new word document, and then edit it for misspellings, tab settings, and to make it flow well (like not having a bullet list with the first bullet item on one page and the rest on the next page)>, read through 3/4 of the websites, watched a couple of videos, and read over one of the assignments. I'd intended to get started on reading one of the chapters, but I was way too tired after reading through the revised assignment.

Today I hope to print my course lectures (and finish reading them), read the remaining websites, and watch the videos I haven't seen yet, and read both chapters for my media course. If I can, I'll get the assignment underway, too. I have to get everything done early for this course so I can concentrate on the communications course the rest of the week. Thank goodness I don't have any group work this semester!

I hope everyone's doing well this week My fever FINALLY broke yesterday and I am now back to my normal temp...which isn't 'normal' since it's usually around 97.5 instead of 98.6. I am starting to feel better today. DH has been driving me to work nearly every day this winter and he runs errands after dropping me off. We ran out of my favorite syrup-type medicine Saturday, so he bought a big bottle for me yesterday.

I received some good news at work yesterday. I've been worried about taking the two days off last week since I wasn't sure how many sick hours I had saved up (I only work an hour a day - at least half the time, it's the longest hour of my day lol). Apparently we were all given notices with that information either after I left work Wednesday or on one of the days I was at home sick. I had 16 hours saved up What a relief! I'm starting to consider going ahead and calling in on some of my bad FMonster days. I usually reserve calling in for when I can't walk without holding onto something. This means I'm going in on days when I know if I go in to work, I won't be able to function at all for the rest of the day, and it will take several days to get myself back to 'normal.'

MiMi - I hope your DH is well soon and the illness doesn't spread to you (or anyone else, for that matter).

A quick note about gabapentin - I've been taking it for over a year now (3 times a day). It's not perfect and it doesn't do anything for the joint, bone, or nerve pain, but it does help with the muscle pain. I can tell when I've missed a dose or taken it later than usual, so I try to stay on top of it.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was a frigid morning, seemingly the coldest yet with the wind. Chills were measuring in the -40 range when I went to work. I bundled up good. A little clipper is bringing light snow tonight so it won't be nearly as cold tomorrow am.

My cousin sent me a message today. I don't see or hear from her much. She is about a year an a half older than I. She has fibro and RA. We are both trying to figure out family history as well as what is going on with ourselves. She has now been diagnosed with palindromic RA. It affects tendons around joints causing swelling, pain, and feeling like sprains or tendonitis. They treat it with short term Prednisone for flares. It was interesting to me as my tendons give me trouble as well, and Prednisone made me feel like I was 20 again.

It was a pretty good day overall. I woke too early and was tired, but felt alright. When I get out of my chair in the evening I don't feel like I am playing out the evolution of man.

Mimi, I used to think about the same. I loved winter and as much snow as we could get. I shrugged off the cold and hated the heat of summer. I sure have changed my tune.

I hope you all have a good night. Take care of everyone.

Cory

I hope you all have a wonderful night. Take care everyone.

booch007 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Happy Wednesday on the Tuesday post!

I am up early with no where to go....I took a snow day! I offered DH my car (garage) but he braved the snow and 1* temp to take his own. I hear it is 10-15 below zero out there...

I am right with all of you...S P R I N G....where are you? I am ready. Having the polar vortex on us in NY is also a trip. A winter to remember. I hope this is not the new flavor of events for every winter. In saying that NY gets colder than Alaska!

I like those breezes from the North in August!! ( when we are yelling where is F A L L? )....we are never at peace right?

They closed our office early yesterday and in the snow it took me over an hour to get home for a 20 minute trip! BUT I love my RAV4 and I had ribbons to stay in so I was OK. No white knuckles, even singing with the music in the car.

Too much energy is lost if I stayed in panic mode.

It's funny everytime I look back at my path, I think it is just where I belong....just where God wanted me...

Sad thing, my shots are cancelled for now, Dr Li took the day off too. Her MA promised they will try and fit me in somewhere and I live there in the building so she knows I can go up at any time. * Again so blessed.

With this day off I have to get the house ready for Super Bowl. A BIG event here at our home. 40 people usually. I have things to dust and clean...so today is the day. I have the decorations out and will do it on the weekend, but today is looking at the small places to get cleaned as i didn't do the Christmas cleanse I usually do. People look at the darndest things...

Like at my SIL's we had a problem with my GD standing on the couch which was by the stairwell and fear of her falling over was right in front of us....so we moved the couch forward......
NO DUST UNDER THAT COUCH!! You move mine and dust bunnies are mating there!! I will not tackle all the issues but i have to deal with some big things I know about.

OK, all I hear is plows and snow blowers outside.....winter in full bloom. The only joy is the first snow and then after that it is a pain...saw the tracks for the deer, so we need to get the sweet feed out there to help them with winter. I can't imagine that life......

No new tricks to post...coasting with my issues....pain is about a 3 I'd say and so doable within my world. A good place to be right now. I always hope you all can join me in this better place. The biggest change I had in my body was the hydration with water day after day and then the Magnesium was good too.

Hugs to all, a good "HUMP DAY" to all...........Nancy B

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.