Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lonly & needed to chat
heavenlyangel posted:
Hello Everyone.I wrote in a yr ago about my seizures.Dr is awesome & very into fm.As for my seizures, I am fine now.it is like here they are now there gone . Ty for all the reply's.having fm 24 yrs now.Live in Canada,B.C. I have learned so much reading all you talk about.Still slow about what good vitamins to take & good food to eat,as I find cooking to much for me to do as is anything.My pain levels are 10 on some days & 5 etc on others I do bielieve we do need to walk everyday & streatch our body to at least keep heart & muscles strong.Sometimes I just read all you awesome fm people have to say.This sounds dumb but i WISH WE ALL LIVED IN THE SAME AREA JUST FOR FM PEOPLE SO WE COULD HELP EACH OTHER OUT .My Love soft Hugs to you all

bette_kaffitz responded:
Dear Heavenly Angel,

You have no idea how much I would love to meet all my friends here. But having us all live in the same area would be too much like the leper colonies of the 19th century. We would be isolated from the rest of the world and not have the opportunities we all aspire to.

Besides, I don't know about you, but there are too many days when I need the help of someone who does NOT have FM--someone who can run the vacuum, buy the groceries, drive me home from my painful treatments.

Please tell me that you do not have many level 10 days. On a level 10 day, you are incoherent. You are unable to tell anyone about your pain. The only thing that exists for you in the entire world is that pain. Level 8 pain, on the other hand, would probably keep you in bed all day--unable to cook, to bathe, to dress yourself without help. I sincerely hope that you have never had a level 10 day--and that you never do.

Here in the NE USA, we have been having a very cold, windy winter. Is this true for your part of B.C., too? I usually do well when it is cold as long as it is a dry cold, but this winter has been a trial for my FM. I hope you are in better shape in your area. I know that our NW US is usually mild and damp. There is a reason why much of the fibromyalgia research comes from Dr. Bennett at the Oregon Health Science Center. There are many FMers in the area, and they need all the help they can get.

Please try to check in here more often. We all have things to teach each other. We all need a little understanding and love. Both are in plentiful supply here.

Bette

booch007 responded:
Good morning our Heavenlyangel!

Cute name.....I too hope that the number 10 is not in your life so frequently. It is overwhelming for me to think about that.

I have topped out that number a few times and we all have different pain experiences, but when my body has spoken in that number I would give it 2 days of rest, hydration, meds and using the tools from our toolbox to see if I can break it.

Heat, showers...if the head is involved with the glasslike headache....I wash my hair to massgae the scalp, and I can wash my hair twice in a day if needed. In 2 days I then get out of the house. Even to sit in the mall to watch people, smile at children passing bye. It is distracting and brings beauty to your eyes. Look at colors and fake flowers in the dollar store or craft store.

My never ending good music that I love to listen to is always on by day 2. Before that I am in a dark place.....curled up and maybe watching a movie under warm blankets with the heating pad.

It does take years to get the cadence of tools in line for yourself. The doc, the meds and the plan can seem to take forever. This board helped me get through the formation of my toolbox so well. Hope it will help you too.

Glad you are around...even if reading more than posting.
The thing about posting to someone is...it is GOOD KARMA. Helping another is chemistry changing at this helps you too.

OK, hope today is a low pain day for you. NancyB

franr responded:
Good Morning Angel

You have come to the right place for friends and encouragement .I too wish we can meet our computer friends. But there are so many of us fibro friends that is next to impossible. We come from so many areas of the country and beyond. Winter is appears to be the worse time for pain to creep into our bodies .And the storms make it feel worse. It makes it hard for us to get out and exercise. Please continue to post. This helps us keep in touch. Hugs to You.....Fran

Anon_10089 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette-

I'm glad you mentioned Dr. Bennett. I'm about to move to Portland. I didn't realize there was an FM "expert" there. I have a decent doctor where I am now and I have been pretty worried about finding a new one. Hopefully I can find one through the program at OHSU!

meg_k replied to Anon_10089's response:
heavenlyangel,

So glad you posted and it's good to know you are out there.

I agree the people on this site are awesome. I am a relative short-timer but I've gotten so much support and learned so much already. Many people post, some just read -- whatever works for you. As Nancy B said, we all have to form our own toolbox, we are all different, yet hearing what worked for others helps so much. I can't tell you the number of times a week I think "this is weird, but my FM friends will understand" and they always do.

Take care & soft hugs,
Meg from MN, USA (south of Ontario but not really warmer!)

P.S. Is it proper to call a BCer a Canuck?

rowan73 responded:
Oh, Heavenly Angel. I'm new here, but have already found so much confidence by knowing I'm not alone. I get those 10 days before my cycle (sorry if TMI). But I usually wake as a 4/5 and end the day as a 7/8. I need to find someone that remotely knows about FM, that will take my insurance and new patience. Ah, the search continues. Welcome Home!
Air "high five". Or handshake.
Rowan
Smile you're never alone, and laughter is the best medicine. As Bobby McFerrin said Don't worry, be happy...an anthem for me...remember stress makes it worse ;)

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
460 of 535 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.