Thursday - 1/23/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is 22* with wind chill. It is less than 3 months though until spring. I am so ready for it. It will finally get to 40's on the week-end. I am thankful that I am NOT where it is any colder or somewhere where there has been a LOT of snow.

DH has rested for the past few days and is doing better. He is still coughing though. I hope today this will be better. It is not a good thing to be so sick in the wintertime. He works out in the cold a lot....which is probably why he was not able to shake the bad cold that he had.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Not much going on here. My GS will soon have a birthday. I think his party has been postponed though until warmer weather. He wanted also to make sure that his cousin (GD) was able to be there as well. So this limits to when he can have it.

Welcome to any new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sue that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learning more about FM and what others have found that has made a difference for them can be a good help. It does take time to find the right combination of tools which might work for you. So hang in here with us and be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure to review the *member toolbox*, which was started by our own Nana B. and contains a lot of good suggestions for new members to try. As Nana B. says....we have to learn to *dance with the dragon, instead of draggin the dragon*...and this takes time.

Learning how to pace just might make a HUGE difference in the way you feel. This too is a process though. We FMers must learn how to *listen* to what our bodies are telling us.

That's all. Stay warm and stay safe.

I hope the sun is shining where you are today.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

I'm having a not-so-good morning today and I am so thankful I felt well enough yesterday to make the breakfast cookies. I put them in a bag in my desk, so I'll be able to eat one while I wait for meds to kick in.

My fingers hurt, so I need to stop typing. Hope you all stay warm, safe, and have a low pain day

~air hugs~
Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon Mimi, Jessi, and all who follow. I had another rough day with the dragon. I wish I knew what to do. The one thing I can do is take tomorrow off of work, I did. My body is cranky in all of it's usual places. and a new one. Hopefully the new one fades, they have a habit of not going away once they appear.

We get a warmer day tomorrow, then back in the deep freeze. I figured it would be a great day to take off and try to heal up. I do have to get materials for the bath project, but we will have all day now instead of cramming it in after work.

Mimi, I am glad your husband is on the up. I hope it goes away soon and he can feel like himself again.

Jessi, I hope your pain went down and you had a good day.

To all, I will check back later, take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon all..

my car is in the fix it shop...not good..but fixing is better than not having a car..

I am still having tummy issues..and can't seem to get it cleared up...wish I knew what to do..I am eating toast, applesauce, rice...etc..I went to the docs on Tues..they did some tests and haven't called back yet.

Yesterday, we had a neighbor die. We didn't know him well..as we all pretty much keep to ourselves..but he couldn't be much older than me...died of a heart attack...really sad.

hope you all are ok.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi,

What a dear that GS must be to want to include his cousin in his birthday celebration. Many boys consider girls to be beneath them, sissies, pains in the neck, etc. Somebody raised a really good kid. Glad DH is getting better. Chests take a while to clear out. As you always tell us, PATIENCE.

Cece,

Sorry about the car. If you are not better in the morning, call your doctor. You do NOT want to be going to the ER because things got worse over the weekend. In the meantime, try clear liquids--but no fruit juice or sweetened sodas. Remember, whatever is growing in your gut LOVES sugar. Now go and rest with a heating pad on your tummy.

Jessi,

Wasn't it great that you had your good day yesterday to make those goodies! You never know with fibro, do you? This bad day could be "just because" or from overdoing it yesterday. If you haven't done it yet, start keeping track of bad days and what preceded them. You may find a useful pattern. Hope that tomorrow is one of a long line of good days.

Cory,

Darn it, another flare. At least you are able to take off for a day of comparative rest. Please do your best to pace yourself. And (remember your exercise equipment that wound up to be too heavy for two lifters) get whatever help you need. Don't do it all yourself. Take breaks before you need them. (If you've been kneeling down working on the floor, get up and move around every 10 minutes or so, etc.) Careful planning might just keep your body from being overtaxed during your "day of rest from work." And try to fit in at least some fun. You truly deserve it.

To All,

Had my last hand/occupational therapy session today. I can always go back, but I don't know whether it was helpful or not. It's the same old fibro story. You have good days and bad days. Did treatment bring on the bad days or the good ones? How could you ever know--unless you got an obvious new pain while you were in session ? A lot of the time, we don't hurt til the next day--or even the day after.

Hope you are all doing well, and those of us in the deep freeze are all able to keep warm. We are expected to have cold air, stiff winds, and snow all at once on Saturday. They aren't using the B word but are calling it "blizzard-like conditions." Not good. DS already has a sore back from all the snow shoveling/plowing he's done in the past 2 weeks. It looks like he'll be working through the weekend, too. Sounds like he may just be visiting the chiropractor. Hope not.

Stay warm. Stay dry. Stay on top of your body and the signals it is sending you. Let it help you help it.

Bette

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Thursday to all,
I have had a better day today. My family doctor did give me some samples of my Humalog insulin to last me about 2 weeks. Hopefully during that time I can figure out how to come with a $1000.00 for one month supply. I am thinking about seeing I can get a cash advance on my income taxes. I am trying not to worry, but it is hard. I know God has always provided for me in the past and I have to trust he will do the same now.
Cory, I hope your time off will make you feel better. It is so hard to work when you feel so bad. You are in my prayers.
Jessie, I am sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I am glad you were able to make some food ahead of time. I try to do the same thing on good days.
Cece, I hope your stomach problems disappear quickly.
Bette, I am sorry to read that your hand thearpy did not work better. It is hard to know if thepary helps when you have FM. Hopefully you will have more good days than bad.
Take care and soft hugs to all,
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening all, After work I had to help a good neighbor by adding oil to her car. Once there I realized the wind had buried the sidewalk through the property that I keep clear. I had to spare my back and grab the snowblower. It was too dense to shovel but the machine did the job quickly. I went home and showered, then started to make dinner. I was not up for it at all. The DW called and suggested I kick back and she brought take and bake pizza. This was very thoughtful and timed impeccably. After dinner my DS of 10 had lied about completing all of his homework and melted down, this took a while to recover from, and DW went to bed very early. I did not get to visit with her much.

I have been using my new elliptical machine more than every other day. It feels very good when I do. I tried to push and do it yesterday and made it for 15 minutes, I usually do 20 but accepted my limits for the day. Today was not even an option.

I must not be grinning and bearing it well enough at work lately. My upper level department boss kept asking me how I was and how things were going. I would smile and tell him good things.Things there are going well for the job side, not good in me. I just tried to stay busy and kept to myself the last two days. A third would have been nearly impossible.

Tomorrow is a new day and although this day is shot I will stay positive, and pace as best I can.

I cannot say thank you enough for the support and thoughts I get here. I am thinking of you all as well.

Here's hoping for a great day tomorrow for us all.

Cory