Skip to content
TGIF****Roll Call****1/24/2014****COLD and GETTING COLDER****
dollbug posted:
TGIF****MiMi in NC....where it is really COLD. With wind chills it seems even colder and there is another *arctic front* on the way. WHEW.....I am so ready for warmer weather. I am quite shocked that my water has not frozen. Years ago though when it did freeze, we put insulting material around the places we could see and continued to keep these on as needed. DH also put another layer of wood around our well a few years ago. So perhaps this is why. Thank goodness. So much to deal with as it is.

I have kept my ceiling fans on low which has kept my house warmer. This really works. DH still does not like the fans on though. I can actually feel the difference it makes though. I have one on in the foyer, kitchen and great room which I keep on low at all times. It is the direction that you have to make sure is correct. I have to look this up each season.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. Do what you have to do to stay warm and safe. I plan to stay inside.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will indeed find some good *tools* here that perhaps will make a difference in the way you feel. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* as well. Learn what others have found that has made a difference for them. Try
different things until you figure out what is helping you cope better. It can take at least 6-8 weeks, depending upon what you decide to do, before you can actually *feel* a difference.

Have a good Friday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good morning Mimi & All.. Mimi thanks for reminding me to change the fan direction. Sheesh--I have been running them too, but didn't feel the difference much. I guess I need to switch those thingys.

I'm still dealing with a 'depressive self pity party' grr. But I'm trying to at least make a little progress most days. This morning I got most of my tree de-ornamented and started to clean up my shop a little. I'm re-potting plants and preparing to move them back to the sunroom until spring; they've been hidden in the shop since before the holidays. (except the actual houseplants)

I started to cut some wood for an etsy project and now I'm kind of sitting here with a bit of a headache re cuperating.

Pacing.

I do need to get out of the house today even though its crazy cold for South Carolina. My mil says its cold down in Florida too. Well, my chihuahua is very upset so I need to go let him in. LOL.. he is not a good freeze baby.
Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Friday to you all..

not much to talk about here...

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was almost 30 here today but we had light snow for most of it. Tomorrow's high is in the single digits agan. We went to the next town to get some supplies for the project and run other errands. The DW talked me into some new clothes. I haven't bought any in some time. After we ran all the other errands we went to Menards to get the supplies and it was just too sloppy out to bring drywall all the way home over 30 miles. We ended up getting all the small things on the list for the job instead. This still helped and we had a good day together.

I am still pretty rough today so I am glad I did not have to do any heavy lifting. It will all get done eventually. I still have some things I can do until we get the rest of the things we need.

Mimi, yes, the fans must be in reverse in winter so they pull cooler air up and bring the heat down. It makes the air mix together better and the temps more even. This also keeps them from blowing on you. Most I have seen have a switch on outside of the housing.

My in-laws have snow in Texas, just a dusting shut the schools and many other things down. Here we only do if it too deep to walk in. It's funny how that works. I would not want to be on the roads with Texans in the white stuff.

I I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.