Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
As a kid did you have FM symptons?
schrode posted:
Good Morning!

I hope y'all are doing okay today. Looking back I wonder if I showed early signs of FM as a kid. I had migraines by 14, anxiety & depression by 17 and the pain started when I was pregnant with my first son at age 25. My FM was full blown at age 38 and I was diagnosed FM at age 39, 3 years ago.

My 12 year old son has depression, anxiety and chronic knee pain. His knee pain began eighteen months ago> It is in both knees every day and in various spots, like the shoulders or elbows, randomly. They have ruled out arthritis in any form. He has had blood tests, xrays and recently a bone scan. He has seen pediatric rheumatologist, psychiatrist, orthaepics, nuerology and a nuerodevelopment pediatrician. They can only tell me what it is not.

He has missed about 25 days of school this year and is failing everything. He also has Asperger's and the transition to middle school hhas been very stressful for him. He has stopped going to boy scouts because he is in too much pain in the evening when the meetings take place. I wish I could take all his pain and put it on my shoulders so he could run and be free.

Right now he is starting aquatic physical therapy, I hope that will help. If you pray, please say a prayer for my Zachary!

Soft hugs,
Deb

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. ~Joseph Campbell

Take the Poll

As a kid did you have early signs of FM? What were the signs?
  • Looking back, there were early signs.
  • I showed no early signs of FM.
  • I am not sure.
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
447 of 521 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.