Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday ****1/25/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is cold today with wind blowing. Another Arctic front is headed our way. I thought when this first started they said it would be *one*....and now the next one will be the 3rd. I am so ready for spring. I am sick and tired of very cold weather.

DH is still dealing with his sickness. He is better than he was but he is not well yet. I sure hope I do NOT get sick. I have been keeping my GS and I have to stay well to be around him. So far I have been lucky though when I think I am about to get sick I will take an extra *C* and *zinc* to hopefully stop it in its tracks. So far this has worked....at least shorten it.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I hope everyone will stay safe and warm. So much going on around the country with the weather.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Just hang in here and learn all you can about what other FMers have found that has made a difference for them.

Vitamin D. Again this is my favorite *tip*. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting it checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a great Saturday and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Fmily,

Yes I have to get off this computer this morning. YIKES!

Mimi, yes stay away from him. It is so hard when the spouse is sick and same with the grands.....

Thursday night we finally got Christmas up in the attic and I helped give the boxes to my DH. STUPID.....I truly amaze myself when I get caught doing wrong.

Friday I was at work and little by little my upper back and then the left shoulder to the whole left arm was throbbing and burning type pain......I thought take meds early (I did) then I said oh,..got to add Motrin and 600mg went in the system..

Then a light went on, female...left arm pain. CRAP take an EKG to be sure I am not haveing a heart attack, this was very unusual pain for me.....Ha! All were looking at me like I was crazy. But it was bad pain...I couldn't be distracted from it. well the cardiogram was fine and I filed it in my chart......but then I was still left in trouble.

I didn't grab a heated blanket.....I could have. But I then left work early and went for a massage of those muscles. OUCH, but better....and last night n extra dose of meds with the heating pad. BETTER. Ahhhhh, to get out of trouble a bit faster than years ago.

I can't say strong enough the toolbox you create is priceless for you. Getting to know what you did and what muscles are a mess. It has taken years for this. Wish I had this board from the start. Oh well.

Plans shift as I rest more then work after fixing this. I have Super Bowl as the project in front of me. DH can do folding chairs from the basement and I have the furniture to deal with. Having a cat is great but the hair and dander is a problem....I need to brush the furniture and vaccume it so there is no trace of cat around. Some have allergies. .

Then to sit and plan the menu. Then to decorate.

See this keeps my mind going.....as long as I PACE (like Mimi yells out so much) I can get through it. The joy of the crowd and game itself is good chemistry. Alot of fun (well it is the pools and who wins what) that gets me everytime.....

Ok, off to the laundry....the sheets are calling!

I hope that it is a low pain day for all not just most. Stay warm, I had to change to a heavy leather coat as the wool just was useless. I am OK now, hood, good gloves and leather.....man it is cold. SPRING...where are you????

Hugs, Nancy B

fibroinsd replied to booch007's response:
afternoon...

really didn't get much done today..a pretty lazy kind of day..still not feeling all that great..hanging in there.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hi all from frigid South Carolina..
Boy I wish it would warm up! I didn't have the gutts to go use my hot tub the past 2 days as it is outside on porch. Got to tomorrow as I just am getting too stiff now.

so I finally took my tree down. Its dismantled almost all the way, lying on the floor here. I don't think I can do more though--maybe drag it out of the sunroom--cuz I use this room most. It belongs in the attic but I cannot do that by myself so not even going to try.

Made a pretty little terrarium today using a glass container I found at Good will and some mosses and lichens i found on my own land. Also added a couple different quartz rocks and some pebbles. Been re-potting houseplants and I hope to re-arrange the lower level so hubby can have an office in half of it and our shared wood working shop can be on the other half. Hope I can do that alone.. we shall see..

I gave my kids all the space heaters I had as their house is freezing. Now I'm freezing. Well at least my sunroom is in the evening. During the day it gets warm from all the windows.

I am stiff stiff still, but I guess that's to be expected. I keep mulling over a doctor I had who kept telling me I was just 'de-conditioned' and only needed to exercise a little. I was thinking about people like my mom in law who is in her 70s (I'm in 50s) now I know she does take a little walk with her dog daily--but no exercise--ever that I know of. So how come she's not in pain and stiff as a board? LOL> truth be told-- it is NOT normal to be stiff and sore all over just by not going to the gym. Gosh my gramma lived to be 91 I never ever saw here work out or even take walks and she never had pain or stiffness. Got a little tired shortly before she died at 91. Her dad never worked out either died at almost 100 while cutting down a tree. Why do doctors never question the nonsense?

I asked my neuro for instance why my new RX is a controlled substance --I asked if it was addictive. Oh no its not sez she, but the drug info says otherwise. So frustrating.

Well anyhow --to all you folks here who haven't been out lifting weights and jogging about- no wonder you don't feel well. LOL. Sigh.. Exercise intolerance?? what? so you're lazy eh?
Mary

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.