Skip to content
Sunday *****1/28/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is bitter cold and going to get even colder. I keep telling myself that spring will soon be here. I can hardly wait for it. I sure hope it gets here early this year and stays longer than normal. I am ready to smell the flowers and see all of the pretty colors, hear the birds singing and feel the warm sunshine on my body. It seems like I am never content. It seems like it is always something to deal with.

Well, they say that we are going to be colder than we have before soon. I am NOT even imagine that it can get any colder. I hope this is a very short spell that is headed here. Actually I just hope that it passes through and does not stop over for a visit at all. The winds have made it so very cold.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I also hope that everyone will stay warm and safe.

I am planning to have tacos today. I also have a birthday cake for my GS. He will be turning 7. Children sure grow up fast. I can remember the morning when he was born. He came almost 6 weeks early and have to stay in the hospital longer than normal. You would never know it today though.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. You must do your own trial and error process and figure out the just right combination that will make a difference for you.

We are all different and what helps one person may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found what works for you.

Check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure you will fine some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of which just might make a difference for you.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which is important to a lot of people. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. This does your body good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Morning.......Mimi look and see that your Vitamin D's all lined up! Ha! lol probably couldn't have planned that!

Yes it is bitter cold and I caved in and turned up the thermostat. I can't believe I need oil again. 4 weeks it lasted.
I am watching from now on to see how much I use. crap
It is 500.00 each time . Alot to come up with.

Yesterday I got some things done but the muscles were just not listening. Earlly fatigue I have to say, is what held me back. The legs would just go heavy....At one point a headache started and I know that is a LINE for me. So only wash was done and then I sat and watched the Godfather saga.....on AMC.

Yes, at times I spoke the words before they did. I saw that fresh in 1972 in a theater when I lived in Connecticut. Lol.....

This afternoon DH will help with the Superbowl set up and then we are ready for next week here. The other thing is to keep the house in order. Did I tell you after all these years I think it is ME** who is the pig here. Who lays things down and doesn't put them away. Takes shoes off and leaves them where I took them off....There is no one here anymore, so it must be me! Sad realization.....so I have to be good all week and keep the house nice.

OK, this girl is going to get moving. I was on the trampoline twice yesterday for a short dance....I have to do more this day.

I see the nutritionist tomorrow. I may ask for a spring start as it is hard to keep on track. In spring you are outside and there is so much to do. Makes it easier to focus.......we'll see.

Got to get better than where I am in this weight process. I will get sick. So far it is the dragon and HTN that is my plight and I don't want all the rest..........
I have the ability, I just have to get it done. Reaffirmation every morning and then slippage by 4pm and the late night snack window are tough. As before I thought the dragon might leave me if I was thinner and my pain actually got worse during the process...and then was better. I am EYES WIDE OPEN this time around. Maybe that is the block, that it will increase the pain for a bit while in the process? I don't know. Just need to do it.

To be like NIKE....."Just do it!" right!

I even have on "No Nonsense" socks.....such foolishness.....

At 60 years of age I should be a plethora of wisdom....well I have it in some areas this one area is a problem. I will be best today. I am going to have a BEST day.

A Good day for all of you as well. Heating pads and capsacian lotions in hand we can do anything (and then need to recover)
Pray that spring arrives early this year for the frozen among us............Hugs, Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. We are cold here of course, single digits with -18 for tonight. Two very cold nights ahead then we are to be up a bit. Heating oil is very expensive. I swapped it out for a natural gas furnace in 2001. Here we have a shortage of propane and the prices are in the $5 range. They are also capping how many gallons you can buy. This is tough for many who live out of town and rely on it as their only source of heat. It is good to have two sources up north in case one is faulty or cost is too high.

I am still in a flare of sorts, but doing a little better each day. They seem to come on with a bang then slowly fade over days. When it's full on I wish I had some better tools to keep me from going crazy, something for pain that does not make me feel goofy. I will talk to my doc on the next visit. They seem to get worse each time.

Yesterday was pretty restful. I had to give myself a little nudge but I managed to do my 20 minutes on the elliptical. That is all I need each day to keep fit. I do not need to lose more than 3-4 lbs, just a little soft spot in the middle. I get the heart rate up and the blood flowing good. It always makes me feel better afterwards. In the afternoon we went to the DW's grandfathers 90th birthday party. He still has his wits and lives alone in a subsidized building where one of his 8 children is nearby. After the party we went to a friends for dinner and games. They are a fun bunch and our kids are all close.

I have not had to work on the bath project, this is good because I am not really up for it this weekend, and bad because it is where it was a week ago. I need more supplies then it will move quickly, on a weekend where I am doing better.

Nancy B, you and Mimi are very wise. None of us are as wise as we would like, with are years I would like to think we all get wiser. Wouldn't it be nice to have our current wisdom even 5 years ago? I know I could have used it a few times.

I have a few things to do today, I have to fill out papers for an appointment with the physical medicine and rehabilitation clinic for my back. I do hope they can help me with it. If they want me to do 20 sessions of PT I am out. I can't afford it. I will go for a few to learn what I need though. It has gone on far too long.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

Cory

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good afternoon

I've been in rough shape the past few days and I'm not quite back to 'normal' yet. The doctor I saw Wednesday did something to my hip and it still isn't quite back to normal. Some of my most painful spots are along the outer side of my hips and legs. I was trying to explain the pain I've been feeling along the top of my pelvic bone, but she kept pressing right where my hip and leg meet. It's felt like there is something wedged deep in there. Both hips, my lower back, and my right leg were hurting nonstop. Friday and Saturday were my worst days, and I had to call in on Friday since I couldn't walk without holding onto something. I took muscle relaxers, kept a heating pad along my right side, and tried stretching to ease it, which eventually helped. I am not looking forward to work tomorrow. I haven't walked or stood for more than a few minutes at a time and my job requires me to be on my feet for an hour straight. I'll make it through, though, and DH will most likely drive me so I won't have to worry about getting there and back home.

I've run out of time. Both kids are out of the house this afternoon and DH & I are going to find something non kid approved to watch. I hope you've all had a lovely weekend

~air hugs~
Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening all. With the predicted wind chills of -35 tonight and in the am, they have cancelled school. They have a 4 day week here so that means they will have school Friday to make up for it. I would not be surprised if the same happens the next two days as well. It will be even colder then.

We had just enough snow to bring out the snowblower. I did my house and one other I always care for. That was it, I am fully flared up again. All my pains are back in full swing. I will make it to work but thank god I only work until 12:30. Frustrated...I took a flexeril as soon as I got in. The heating pad and recliner are my friends right now.

We did get our taxes done today. We go to HnR Block since it is close to home and I don't have to mess with them. I am sure I could easily do them myself, but I will gladly pay good money to have them done in 25 minutes. We are getting some back, not a lot. I try not to give the government a huge interest free loan.

The body is not good at all but the spirit is today. I am greatful for that.

warm and pain free thoughts for you all,

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Wow!

It seems that we've all been having bad times. Thank goodness we have this board to come to and get a little sympathy, a lot of love, and even more tips for better living--whether through chemistry (those of us remember the Dupont ads "better living through chemistry"), or heating pads, or pacing, or just watching something funny on the TV.

DS started a slightly different schedule. He was starting at 8:30 and now works from 10:30 till 7 A.M. I hope this is good for him. It should make the snow removal at the college more continuous. He'll be stopping just as the day crew comes in. The old way had a 2 hour gap with no groundskeepers. In bad weather, a lot of snow and ice can build up in 2 hrs.--especially at night.

I've been getting the voice mail at our younger son's group home for the past week. Tonight we actually got to talk. He's doing well, and has a full social calendar with something to do every evening after supper. (They all take turns cooking with the staff's help. If the menu calls for something you don't want to eat next Wednesday, you have the option of buying your own groceries and cooking your own meal--usually in the microwave.)

There was a segment on 60 Minutes tonight with the parents of mentally ill children. They talked about how their kids are released from the E.R. simply because insurance won't pay for more than so many hours there AND there are no beds available on any psych wards. So the kids are sent back home. Sometimes the wait to see a psychiatrist is as long as 3 months. In the meantime, the kid is untreated, the family is completely on their own, and the situation can only get worse.
What we need is to accept that mental illness is really a physical problem in the brain. A child with diabetes or cancer is treated until he is medically ready to return home. So should a child with mental illness--a problem with brain chemistry is no different from a problem with pancreas chemistry. They are both life-threatening medical conditions that warrant hospital care until the patient's illness is under control, and it is safe to discharge him.

I think that those who have mental illness are a lot like us. They don't look sick. There are no blood tests to prove they are sick. They are misjudged by the outside world. They are called malingerers if they do not hold down a full time job. They often suffer in silence, thinking that there is no real help available.

Think on it.

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.