Skip to content
Monday, Monday-1/27/2014****Happy Birthday to my GS.
dollbug posted:
My little GS is 7 years old today. I can hardly believe this. Happy Birthday to him. He is my oldest GS.

Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is going to be a nice day today. The calm before the STORM*. 24 degree drop in temp is less than 24 hours. OK. Going to be in the teens tonight with a high of 30 tomorrow. I am so ready for springtime. In a few days I can say that spring will be next month. So I know it is getting closer.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools that will make a difference in the way you feel. So hang in here and learn all you can about how to cope better with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. And the nice thing about it is the fact it is a cheap fix which just might make a big difference.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a great day. Stay safe and warm and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. It does a body good.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good afternoon Mimi and all to follow. Isn't it amazing how fast those little ones grow.

I've got 2 of my grands here, its lunch time for them.

We actually went outside for a short walk--very nice and sunny today. I think it gets cold again tomorrow.

Watching grandson & grand daughter play with lunch. One has it all over his face, the other one is building things with her cheese. Daddy comes soon, and Gramma is ready for HER nap. LOL. But it was a very nice day.
Mary

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

Happy birthday to your grandson, MiMi! Seven is a great age.

I'm walking a bit better today. I don't remember if I mentioned it, but the doctor I saw last week changed my low dose tramadol tylenol to a time release version without tylenol. I've taken that and a muscle relaxer, and I'm about to use the heating pad. I think I'll be ok at work today as long as I'm really careful. Thank goodness I don't have the kindergarteners today! They sometimes require a lot of time spent crouching down to their height. At least I'm short so it isn't too much of a drop

I hope you're all having a lovely day today. Our high has been in the upper 40s lately, with no rain (probably why I healed so quickly from my appointment). That will be changing as it's supposed rain three days this week.

Time to get started on this week's schoolwork. Four weeks in to the semester and I'm ready for a break At least it's not time for finals yet - DS16 has two today.

If I have time, I'll check in again later.

~air hugs~
Jessi

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday! I have a couple day off, so I thought I'd stop in and say hi.

It's cold here in southeastern MA, 32? right now with a wind chill of 21! I went out and did a couple errands, and it wasn't that bad. Now that the sun has set, I'm sure the cold will come back fast.

Seven is a great age for a little boy. They know SO much, but they're still in awe of what you teach them. I remember when each of our nieces and nephews were "little ones", and they won't be little before you know it. My first-born niece just had her first child, and it was well after the wedding. *sigh* They do grow up so fast!

I'm going through a clumsy phase - anyone else have this? I fall over tote bags (yeah, I should have turned on the light), boxes, the bed"026 I landed on the floor of my home office last Thursday, got a couple scrapes and bruises, and have no idea why it happened.

Take your meds and supplements, and have the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. I left work today at 12:30 to make an appt. in the next town at 2:30. It was with a Physiatrist to asses and treat my chronic back pain. It's all part of me trying to be ahead of the game if I can. For a long time I was just not really giving a crap and pressing on. Time to kick preventative measures in high gear.

He looked at my x-ray and found a bone spur, degenerative changes in my lumbar, early for my age. We talked about measures to improve my pain levels. Number one being PT. I am all for PT but warned him it costs me a fortune. He set it up for 2 visits for now where they will teach me, then watch me do exercises. Number two would be steroid injections. I am in good shape and have dealt with this daily for over 10 years, overall for 18. I have my doubts that PT will solve this but I am open to try anything. I wish it was that simple.

On a good note the sun was bright and wonderful today. It was -8 for the high though. School will be closed again for sure. Wind chills of -45 for the day tomorrow and -22 for the low tonight. After that mess it will warm up some. They said this is the second coldest winter here on record. I have no trouble believing that.

They do grow up too fast. I have a hard time believing my oldest is 13 and his shoes are almost as big as mine. He will be over 6' tall for sure. I will have to look up to him.

I do hope you are all doing well and keeping warm. Think spring! Take car everyone.

Cory

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Monday to all!
I just got done doing my income taxes. I am glad to get that over with. Mimi, the babies sure do grow up fast. I hope your GS had a great birthday. My youngest great niece will be seven in August. She already thinks she is smarter than anyone else! If you try to tell her she is wrong, she will just roll her eyes up and laugh. I sure feel sorry for her momma. I hate to think how she will be by the time she is 13 or 14!
Cory, I can not imagine being in weather that cold. Even in central Indiana we did not get that cold. Once I remember we hot -68 degrees with the wind chill factor. I just stayed home and never went outside. We might actually get some snow flurries tomorrow night here in north Florida. Everyone around here is so excited about the thought of seeing snow.
Mary, it sounds like you had a nice day with your grandchildren. I got to spend time with my great niece and great nephew yesterday. It was a good day for me.
Jessi, are you a teacher? I am glad you are walking better. I have a bad knee and hip, and it is hard to walk for me. I know how hard it is when it is hard to walk. It makes everything harder. I hope you will continue to get better.
Lou, I have fallen so many times that I have lost count. Luckily I have not fallen in the last 2 1/2 years. I use to slip on black ice up in Indiana. That is how I got my bad knee and hip. I swear I can trip just walking. Luckily I have caught myself and not fallen the last few times I did it. I hope you did not get hurt too bad. Even bruises can hurt a lot.
I hope everyone has a great week. Stay warm and soft hugs to all.
Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.