Skip to content
Hump Day ****1/29/2014 ****Snow and lots of it everywhere****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where there is a lot of snow. And it seems like it continued down south where it never snows. Very strange and weird weather for a lot of people. People stranded everywhere in some areas. There were over 3200 cancelled flights so I guess there are lots of people also stranded in and round the airports as well. My son's friend drove to Ga. So I guess she is stuck there now. He was telling me that he tried to get her to wait but she thought she should go. I sure hope she is careful. No doubt she is now there for a lot longer than she hoped to be.

Some of the school children in Alabama got stranded in school. I guess the weather people did NOT know that snow was headed their way. Roads are closed so parents could NOT even get out to pick them up. I can not even imagine.

The furbabies don't even want to get outside. They got on the deck and decided to come back in. So I guess we will have a fun day today.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all. I am sure that the cold is not going to help any of us though. I was cold yesterday. I guess it was the cold front headed our way. My feet stayed cold about all day. And when my feet are cold I am cold all over.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will make a difference in the way you feel. It does take a trial and error process so hang in there and learn what other FMers have found that has made a difference for them. As we all know though what helps one person may or may not help another. We are all different and it just might take something entirely different for you. There are lots of good *tips* here though to try.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good start. This does take time and effort to figure out though just how much the body can take. You have to learn not to cross the line. The body needs to rest. Getting enough sleep at night is also important. I sometimes still have issues with sleep and getting enough of the right kind.

Vitamin D. Be sure and check with your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a good day. Stay safe and try to stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Cold and snowy here in southeastern New England. We got a "dusting to an inch" overnight, and it's very pretty. We still have cold temps, 18 now with a wind chill of 10. Brrr!

One more day to get a few things done here. My home office had become a fuming ground of all kinds of stuff, including junk food. I don't think I'll ever have to buy M&M's again! I've filled a large tote, and have another tote that will probably also be filled. I've told DH that we won't be buying any more until the totes are empty. He's another story, as he's allergic to chocolate, and has amassed a collection of the white chocolate/peppermint M&M's over the holidays.

Must go and plan my next snack. LOL May you have the best day you can possible have,
Lou

bette_kaffitz responded:
MiMi and Lou and all the rest of our FMily,

When DH got up this morning it was -15 outside with a wind chill of -35. We have dry snow blowing all over the place, but our neck of the country is used to this. They delayed schools for 2 hours today. The HS and MS kids are usually picked up starting at 7 a.m. The buses come back and get the elementary students an hour later. By 9, when the buses were rolling this morning, it was up to -7. Even our (secondary) road had been plowed.

Tomorrow is the trial ablation on the left side. Please think of me around 11 or so. (I'm scheduled for 10:30, but we all know how that works!) I so hope that this works as well as the right side did and that I am soon able to have the real ablation. It's been 42 years since I could stand without pain. I think I'm due.

Please try to stay warm. Don't go on roads that aren't plowed. That's like these idiots who drive through standing water in a flood. Be safe, not sorry. (I have a theory--yes another of Bette's theories--that those of us with fibro are so used to planning our lives to conserve energy that we would automaticly judge the choice of doing something risky or not doing it. And we would always choose the saner path. It comes from the way we have to readjust everything to accomodate our pain and fatigue.)

Stay warm, dry, and safe!

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
We had a cool morning here as well but it warmed up to be a nice day of 24 degrees by the time work was done. It was short lived and the wind picked up later. I was able to enjoy it for a few minutes and get some things done outside. My wrist woke me out of a dead sleep last night. It was sore yesterday so I did wear my brace last night hoping it would help. It has gotten better for the most part but I keep aggravating it. It's doing better today. I have had better days but today was alright.

Bette, I think you are on to something. Maybe that is how I have managed to get through life relatively unscathed. A little common sense goes a long way. I sometimes feel a like an efficiency expert. Not because I am any sort of a smarty, but because I want the task done correctly with the least amount of energy possible. I find myself always analyzing things I have to do.

The weather has been such an problem for so many this year. I hope the worst is behind us all. Stay warm, be safe, and have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.