Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday ****1/30/2014 ****Cold - single digit in NC.
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is single digit temp this morning. I hope this cold spell will be the last one for the season. School is out again and snow is still on the ground. Lots of black ice reported. It is suppose to get in the 30's today though so hopefully some of this will dry out.

So it seems like Al and Ga blamed the problems on the weather people, not advising the public that bad weather was on its way. I have a friend that I communicate some with and she said that the weather people did NOT advise anyone that snow was expected. Surely to goodness someone knew. So now they all are playing the *blame game*. Children got stuck in schools overnight. People just left their vehicles on the road. What a huge MESS for a lot of people. People stranded everywhere.

I kept my GS a while yesterday while his parents took him outside for a bit to play in the snow. The snow was not good though to make a snowman or do anything much with. Too soft. It is odd that all snow is not the same. I don't quite understand just how this happens but I do know that all snow is not the same texture. It was cold and the wind was blowing some. I had fun with my GS though. He smiles at me when I hold him. I talk to him and he is a joy to be with. Today is his 2 month check up. He starts his shots as well.

I am so ready for springtime. It has been a very BITTER COLD winter. Well, at least NC has not gotten much snow. Ice though is a lot worse.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will indeed be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Good to see some of our FMers who popped in. Jan and Moxie. It is funny how people come and go here. But we are always happy to hear from everyone. I hope that if you have found something that has helped you cope better which others have not spoken of, that you will indeed share your findings with others. You never know what just might help another person.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and review the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor about getting your level checked....which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Stay safe and stay warm, if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & All to follow..
Super cold here in SC too. We got about an inch of snow--not much. Since we are rural I think it is not as bad as a big city.
I hear the snow changed direction supposedly at 2 am and so Atlanta wasn't ready. also heard they only have 40 plows. But nonetheless-- if you live in the south and weather is coming--you should stay home. I argue that with my daughter. Yes she learned t drive in Wisconsin and she's able--but her hubby has NEVER driven on ice and that's normal around here. So what happens is they get out there and its like Bambi in a truck--bad idea.

Well I'm babysitting this afternoon and finishing up a wedding cake topper for my etsy shop this morning--so things to do. I think Hubby is coming in tomorrow finally from his latest away time. Probably in the middle of the night. I know I'll know when he comes cuz my big dog will go ballistic and that will get the little one going too. Nobody can even come near my neighbor's house--much less mine without that doggy alarm.

We have some good blue sky and sunshine this morning, stil some crunchy bits of snow as it did not warm up much yesterday. Hopefully all this mess will be behind us by noon.

God Bless y'all! Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday FMily. I have lost all track of time these past 2 days. Worries and stomach to blame for that.

I hope that the sun is shinning where you are and that you are above freezing. We have sun but OMG is it cold. I missed the worst of it while in Los Angeles. A balmy 70 or 80 most days. Hated to return to ice and cold, but home is where the heart is.

Sorry to have been off the board for so long a time, again, but have had issues here that have been emotionally overwhelming or physically keeping me down.

I hope that each of you are doing well and that you are not suffering from fibro's winter mix of aches and pain. I hate cold and cold hates me. I thought I was leaving a flare behind but this past week I have been under a lot of stress and fibro loves stress. Couldn't help it because the reason(s) were out of my hands and in God's.

My DH's older brother is at the end of life and we traveled to Los Angels to have a last visit. But just as we were giving up hope he seemed to rally and wanted to see another doctor so DH, little adopted brother, a cousin and I ran around getting things arranged for that. While doing that I ate something bad and ended up in hospital for a day.. got out and was back at getting him a second opinion.

All for not as it looks now. As we, the family read through the papers and medical summery we got for the new cancer doctors, we realized he had cancer in both lungs, stomach, liver, lymph nodes and pancreas. Had he let us do this running around last spring while the other areas were clear there would have been hope. Now, nothing can be done. And just as we get home he takes a bad turn. He had a very bad last night. I fear that all of us, 6 sisters, nephews, nieces, in-laws and friends, descending on him this past week was way too much. You could see how tired he got. And if we didn't have him on the phone we were there. Taxing for a man in such dire medical straights.

Anyway, just wanted to check in.. say hello to everyone.. wish them a wonderful day..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

dollbug replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Prayers and thoughts are with you and all of your family.

I know things like this can be really stressful on everyone.

Please try to remember to take care of you.

May God provide each of you with comfort and strength.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda ...so so sorry for what you are all going through...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
It's a quick late check in here.

Linda R, I am sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family tonight.

Pain was down today so I an thankful for that. Hopefully what I had to do today does not put me right back.

I wish you all the best, have a good night and a great Friday tomorrow.

Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Linda-- such a hard thing, I could feel every bit of what you were saying in your post. We know how the emotions get on overload when the body is taxed and how it goes both ways. I'm sure your brother would not have wanted to miss seeing you all no matter how it effected him. What you guys did was good for him even if it was taxing on his strength. May God bless you and fill you with his comforting love as you rest up a bit. Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
Thank you one and all. Your words of concern and support means so very much to me.

My BIL is at home with hospice care today. He was set up last night and is resting comfortably today. The phone here was ringing off the hook until way past midnight as Rudy's family was calling to find out how big brother was doing. Adopted little brother, back home and cousin are doing the monitoring and on the spot checks and relaying back to those of us living far away.

Told one SIL last night I will not be returning for any services for BIL. I don't want the memories of a coffin or funeral to muck up those that were filled with laughter, good feelings and happiness. That's my way.

Again, thank each of you for being there .. your the dearest group of friends a girl could have. <3

Gentle hugs, Linda R

rudyandirmouse replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
I'm adding a foot note here that my brother in law passed last night peacefully in his sleep after being set up in hospice care at home thank you for your prayers and your concern it meant so much.
Gentle Hugs, Linda R.

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Hi Linda,
Will pray for you and your family. Sad to hear. Mary

rudyandirmouse replied to missist's response:
Thank you. Prayers now for DR much appreciated.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.