Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF****1/31/2014*****January is almost over*****Roll Call too*
dollbug posted:
TGIF**** FMily. MiMi in NC where it is going to be a nice day finally. No school again today though. It is 20* right now. At least we are out of the single digit.

Weird weather. I am so ready for spring. And tomorrow we can finally say spring is arriving *next* month. I can hardly wait. I am sure that there are lots of people looking forward to better, warmer weather.

DH has a doctor's appointment today. So I will have to cut this short. He has an early one.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I know that I woke up this morning around 2 am. Not a good thing at all. I was able to drift back to sleep and woke up feeling worse than I did at 2. Go figure. So I am really very tired. Sometimes I just do NOT understand things at all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the *right combination of tools* that will work. So hang in there and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them. You should also remember though that what works for one may or may not work for you. But I am sure that you will soon find something that will indeed help you.

As for me I am one of the FMers here who has found a way to control my FM pain by taking vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. Love my heating pad....which is my best friend these days. Stopain spray is another good tool. It is good stuff to use when nothing else can help. Drinking plenty of water is also a must. Doing gentle stretches and/or exercises is good also. We, FMers, must continue to move....no matter how slow it might be. Staying in any one position for too long will surely make the body stiff....which is not a good thing at all.

Vitamin D. I continue to remind those of you who have not done so to remember to speak to your doctor about having your Vitamin D level checked. Yes, it just might make a big difference. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Hope each of you will remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Stay safe and stay warm. Enjoy the sunshine when you can. Sun does the body good.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Hi Mimi and All..
Planning to go for a long drive today and pick up my groceries at the Harris Teeter instead of nearby. Just need a ride-- a little bit of cabin fever I think.

Hubby comes home tonight which is good, he's in Germany waiting for his plane now. So he's got a long flight and then a 3 hour drive.

I was just puttering around on the web and found an article with a possible link to high levels of vitamin D and skin cancer--so i posted. I feel D has helped me and I don't know my current level-- just that neuro told me to up it-- so I did. Now I think I better find out what it actually is.

Been very stressed lately-- its me--everything the least bit frustrating is a stressor. I spent 3 days so far trying to get my RX through insurance only to find out they aren't going to pay on it--its $600 a month. So waiting to see if Neuro has something else she can give me or not. Hope I do hear from her. Otherwise I will have to do it.

Well I guess there's just sometimes things you have to do even if you really don't want to.

Shipping off a wedding cake topper today, maybe doing some spiffing up here for hubby, also want to make a menu plan with calorie info. I tried to do the weight watchers thing online--but unfortunately my brain will not cooperate so I asked for a refund--and they kindly gave it to me.

I guess I'm just brain damaged. LOL. -- well that's crazy isn't it?

God Bless all-- Hope your days are good--we have sunshine but its freezing here-- still sunshine is good.
Mary

rudyandirmouse responded:
TGIF AND I MEAN IT. I hope your Friday is starting off well and that you are not dealing with fibro's mix of aches and pain.

It's over cast here but not so cold. It's supposed to rain, like I want to deal with that. But it's going up to nearly 50 so that's a nice change. I have to agree with MiMi this weather is NUTS! We are either too cold, too wet or too hot. And for the SE that's NUTS! I am beyond ready for spring but after the last one we had here, cold and damp, am I really ready for more of this? Thinking Florida Would say S. California as it's home to me, but honestly folks after seeing how bad the drought is I dunno. It's not just dry there things are dead there. Trees along the freeway are dead.. miles and miles of dead trees and bushes. No flowers either. Brown's not just a color it's a way of plant and grass life. SAD really and I have had enough sad, dry, brown colors.. so Florida it is.

I have two appointments today so should get up and get moving. Let me say again dear group how special you all are to me. Being cared about is what this site is and I feel so good here.

Have a great day one and all..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

bette_kaffitz responded:
The trial Radio Frequency Ablation went well yesterday. Today I saw the nurse and we are scheduling the real ablation now. It was only temporary, but for the first time in 42 years, I could stand with no back pain.

If you have been getting good temporary results with nerve blocks every few months, you may be a good candidate for the RFA. Please read up all you can about it before you talk to your doctor.

Having your nerves destroyed by heat (until they grow back again) is not to be chosen without a lot of thought.
But it is a way that is working for me--so far. I'll keep you posted. I have heard that this is available for other areas on the spine too--not just the low back.

Have a great (read low-fibromyalgia) day and weekend.

Bette

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary,

Have you tried My Fitness Pal.com?

It's free. It can figure the calories in a total recipe for you. It has the calorie counts on just about every commercial brand of everything from flour to TV dinners. You can also get protein, carb, and fat counts on items. It lets you keep a daily log, too. And did I tell you it is FREE!

Bette

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
thanks bette, I will look at it. I did get some books from my daughter--she works at a book store. So I got some calorie counting books. I just feel like--though I'll look at your link--I felt like I'd like to do it on paper in a note book-- just rather than pc--but we'll see. I am just needing a big visual not a fill in the blank. I do think its my brain just not able to function right.
especially if I"m tired. Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It's a brisk 5 degrees here right now. It was again very cold this am. They said -14, but I was tired and don't recall. No matter really, just far too cold still. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and in the upper teens.

Work was ok, it was eerily quiet. a lot of people had taken the day off. I was able to work on what I wanted and at my own pace. It made for a good end to the week. I have had issues with burning eyes and getting horse by the early afternoon at the mill. Being exposed to the things in the air might be getting to me after 20 years. It is a very clean factory but in the winter all doors and vents are shut so the air is not as clean as summer when everything is wide open. I am usually better a few hours after work.

Pain is still at a lower level so I am thankful for that. I try to count the blessings I have every day. It does help with perspective for me and helps with the spirit.

My boys are growing up. My DS10 is doing great with his guitar and he has an incredible memory. He gets great grades and just has some focus issues like his dad. My DS13 is also doing very well. He is the kindest sole I know and always has a million dollar smile for me when I get home.

My friendly outdoor kitty is MIA, I hope he is still alive. I haven't seen him in day now. He came here at the coldest days, but not for a while now. Other people feed him too so I hope they helped him out.

Mimi, I hope your husband is feeling much better and the appt. went good.

Mary, I think we all have cabin fever. I hope the drive helped. I also hope you find another med so you don't have to pay the ridiculous name brand price.

Linda R, your last line says it all.

Bette, I hope you don't have to wait long for your RFA.

To all, take care and have a great weekend.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.