Skip to content
Vitamin D possibly linked to Skin Cancer
missist posted:
We do talk about Vitamin D alot here and many of us take it. Just was reading this article--so they are still studying this but it seems if your D level is more than 25 you may be more likely to get skin cancer--so you can read and consider it I'm attaching link to article.
All very confusing I know many of us feel D does help us, so my only thought is make sure you get your levels checked and consider not supplementing them over 25-- science is not settled--but something to consider. Mary

http://www.medpagetoday.com/hematologyoncology/skincancer/28042?xid=ob_&utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=oncology&hr=ob

dollbug responded:
Hello Mary. I have read the article and I also read some of the comments as well. Off and on all my life I have heard *tales of this and that* and what might help or hurt people. So many things....aspirin being one....and eggs. I think that probably most anything and every thing has been addressed at one time or another. Too much of this and not enough of that.

I think that the medical researchers are still finding out so many things about Vitamin D and what it truly affects on people. I think each of us must do our own research and trials and do what is best for us.

I happen to know first hand that Vitamin D has certainly made a HUGE difference in my life and my daughter's as well.

I think we each must weigh what we discover and believe about whatever we are having questions about.
I personally think that IF we were to ask 25 people about the same thing that we would probably get 25 different answers.

I do think it is important that people get their Vitamin D level checked as well. My doctor happens to think that it is NOT that important though. So I continue to take it regardless.

I also think that we are all different and whatever we decide to do may or may NOT be what is best for us.

Choices and consequences is what life is all about. Some are good and others not.

Thanks for sharing this. I do hope everyone will take the time to read both the article and the comments too.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Mimi--hope the same and i agree its good for you, bad for you, good for you, etc..
I just thought it was worth noting, and agree we must all make our own decisions.
mary

booch007 responded:
I also read the article breifly. It seems to me that those patients who had HIGH SUN EXPOSURE to create the HIGH VIT D levels was the key. Over 80% was found on sun exposed skin.

So I take that this is saying if you naturally have a Vit D level higher than 25 from sun exposure you are then at risk. It makes sense to use it as a marked for risk. But if someone is not in the sun and TAKES VIT D...it is not in the risk pool.

That was my take. So for me, I am not at risk from my vit D capsules. I get my D checked soon. I still have skin check every year. I was a sun loving, lived by Jones Beach on LI all my life and out fishing on a boat on the weekends....sun poisoning as well. I AM AT RISK from this bad history......

Well, I think the Vit D swallowers are OK. Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.