Skip to content
Saturday ****2/1/2014 ****Spring is just around the corner now.
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....Can you believe it is Feb.? And can you believe now that spring is just around the corner? OMG....I am so glad to know this. It can NOT get here soon enough for me. Soon I will be wishing for cooler weather again. (or perhaps not)

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with lots of sunshine, better temps and little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. Hang out with us here and learn more about what others have found that has made a difference in the way they feel.

I am off to see my GD play BB this morning. I so enjoy watching her team. They have not lost a game yet. Finally they have learned how to be a team player.

That's all. I will try to check in later.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good 1ST day of February everyone. So glad that we're one month closer to spring now. Yay that.

I hope that each of you is having a nice start to the day and that your day will be a nice one with sun, warmth and out of doors time. It will be 60 here today with sun and I sure am glad for it. Over cast dreary winter days are depressing so a California sunshine day here is a real treat.

I have errands to run and a suit case to pack for DH today. He will be heading back to Los Angeles Monday late for services for his dear brother. I am still reeling at how quickly he left us. I saw him Monday and although weak and frail from the cancer he was up and sitting on his living room couch eating some fruit while we talked. What an amazing guy so sick and yet never letting on to us. I have wonderful memories of him and don't plan to muck them up with a sad funeral.

Okay will close this here with best wishes for a great day for each of you.
Gentle hugs, Lind a R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good late morning all. It was snowing dime sized fluff all morning. It is super light weight lake effect snow. Now it has stopped and the air is still. I just might get outside today just to move. I have been cooped up for way too long. It is in the teens with no wind, so with my gear it very tolerable.

My DW who took half of her radtec program so far, noted that on my last back x-ray showed an oddity that looked like metal of a belt or something, yet I did not have one on, the apron was held my be and had no metal either. I did have a bad crash on the ice a few years ago sliding at high speed where I bounced of the ice on my back and may have broken a rib. I never did go in for it. The pain was horrible for about 24 hrs then was fine. Odd indeed, but it does not bother me, I just have a bulge in my ribs there now. The DW thought maybe the image was from that.

Anyway, it has been a boring morning I will be correcting shortly. I have plenty to do and just have to choose the right balance to not go over the edge today.

I wish you good people all the best today. I will be back later to see how you are. Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, wish I could send some of today's sun and warmth your way. Am enjoying the heck out of it. Will be gone tomorrow but it brings promises of warmth and sun in the days to come. YOU THAT.
Have a good day and don't over due
Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning...and welcome to the year of the horse...

I am feeling somewhat better this morning..but don't want to jinx it...really been having trouble with digestion..sticking to toast, applesauce, and chicken and rice/noodle soup...keep your fingers crossed this clears up.

been trying to get some cleaning up done around here..I have been so unfocused for so long with this tummy trouble..hope I can get some things done..

DH is so looking forward to the super bowl tomorrow...We will take some pulled pork sandwiches over to mom and dad's to watch the game...I hope it is a good game..and that I can digest some of the food ! I am not that into the football games..but this is his thing..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece, hope your tummy gets to felling better. On that note I've been chewing very small bits of ginger root in the a.m. since getting out of the hospital last Sunday. Dr suggestion and it's works! Am washing it down with water cause it's strong and So far so good.
May be worth a try.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda--- I wish I'd seen my mom before she died instead of at her unexpected funeral.. you took the right trip.
God Bless, Mary

rowan73 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hey! Howdy, back injuries suck. I have both cervical and lumbar...was wondering. Do you live in MI? Your weather was exactly like mine. We got about 3".

surviving in central MI...stay warm and no pain!
Rowan
Smile you're never alone, and laughter is the best medicine. As Bobby McFerrin said Don't worry, be happy...an anthem for me...remember stress makes it worse ;)

rowan73 replied to missist's response:
Blessings to you. And prayers. For all your pains. Peace to you and yours.

Rowan
Smile you're never alone, and laughter is the best medicine. As Bobby McFerrin said Don't worry, be happy...an anthem for me...remember stress makes it worse ;)

booch007 responded:
Good morning on SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!

I spent the day yesterday rushed to accomplish all the things i needed to do for a week or more. It is that way with me.

I AM READY FOR THEM (25)....got all the chairs set up and my part of the food is prepped. I will rest most of today to be open to all the guests. There are 7 pools at the store for winnings for the customers. This is what makes the party light up. Seeing who wins the money. Tight family of people we have known for years.

Everyone at the house has a chance also. It is reall exciting.

To talk about our mess here, I am begining to have the foot pain on rising I had a while back. When it feels like I am walking on glass. I changed my shoes but I was in socks most of yesterday.....hoping it gets better.
I will get a foot massage in a pedicure if I need to.
It is tough to get up and walk on glass.

You can get used to some of these aches and pain, learn how to treat them or work with them. But the feet......
"When the dogs are barking.....ouch, all I hear is that barking!" So my wish is out to get them better soon.

Another thing I am having trouble with is my meds seem to have gotten stronger and I am having a side effect to , I think...the Tramadol. I am losing weight and though well hydrated, that weightloss might have changed me??

I got so nauseaus and dizzy Friday night....if I closed my eyes it only made tha dizziness worse. I took no Tramadol yesterday morning, I used the Motrin instead...then with all the work I was hurting and I took half the dose in fear I would be sick again.

Is it possible, instead of my 10 year resistance I am getting more sensitive?

It will be awful if I start getting reactions to my meds when I have been in such a good place for a while. My toolbox is not looking to be raided and changed. . Fearful a bit.

Well we live day by day. I will see how this week goes and I have shots on Monday (tomorrow) so I will mention it to the doctor. It Is Always Something.

OK, a good day for all of you. Make the best of it. My hopes is for a warm.....sunlit day. Something like deep in Florida is having right now. I am at a balmy 33* now and that is awsome!

Birds are busy at the feeder and that activity is good to watch. I Lost them for a bit..the feeder was frozen.....I brough it in and washed it out and defrosted the mess. (who knew).

OK, good day for all. Nancy B

rudyandirmouse replied to missist's response:
Mary, Thank you for your kind words. I feel we did the right trip also.
We have so many great memories and no sad ones. For us that's the right fit.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy replied to rowan73's response:
Rowan,
I live on the North Shore of Lake Superior, about 25 miles from Duluth.

Cory

rowan73 replied to mnjeepguy's response:
That sucks! Colder than all get out! You poor man..my prayers for and to you. I'm in Mt. Pleasant. About an hour north of Lansing. And we all thought we had it bad

I hear it's pretty country up there, but Superior is unrelenting. Golly...prayers and soft handshake.
Rowan

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
471 of 546 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.