Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday ***Super Bowl Sunday* 2/2/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where we have finally seen the sunshine and it is quite warmer than it has been. Thank goodness. I am so sick of cold weather. Spring is right around the corner though. I can hardly wait. I went outside yesterday to take a peek at my 3 plants. I really thought perhaps they had died. DH thinks they survived though. They were in an enclosed place out of the weather but it has been so very COLD. Anyway they had dead leaves and I cleaned them up a bit and I guess in a few weeks I will know whether or not they are going to bounce back.
They are hibiscus (sp) plants and they had beautiful blooms last year. Actually I still had lots of flowers in Oct on them. I hope I can find a purple and yellow one this year.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for all of us. May the best team win the Super Bowl and may we all have little to no pain and hopefully some sunshine too. (am I asking for too much?) Well, I guess it is ok to ask.

My new found program on TV is about treehouses. Some man and his team travel around the country building very big and unique treehouses. (I am sure they are also very expensive also) This comes on Animal planet channel late at night. My DH has been watching this for a while and I have now gotten interested in the show as well. My GD wants a treehouse. I would love to have this man to do it. (now I am really hoping beyond hope)

DH and I watched the basketball game yesterday. It was a good game and they won again. (they have won all of their games so far). My son was talking about his DD losing interest in playing. It was so funny as he said this - I was thinking about the issue and I think I have figured out what is going on. She is wanting to play sports so she can see her daddy every week-end instead of every other week-end. She is so very happy to see him at these games. She gets really excited about getting on a team and then she seems to lose interest. Children are much smarter than most adults give them credit for.

OK...I guess I have said enough on my soapbox.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. We all understand exactly what you are going through. We have been there done that and it seems like everything is a *process* with this ugly and mean illness. So hang in here with us. Ask questions and share whatever info you care to with us. It helps when you know there are people who are facing the very same *issues* that you are trying to deal with. Just knowing you are not alone helps.

I hope the new members will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox*. I am sure you will find some good *tools* to try. You never know what might help until you try it. Sometimes it does take about 6-8 weeks for you to really feel a difference. So hang in there and try to find what works for you....that will allow you to cope better.

As for me....I have found that using vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well works for me. It took me a long time before I found the right combination but I have learned how to *control my FM pain*.

Vitamin D. Be sure and talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked....low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Do your own research on this and then decide what you should do. Be sure and keep tabs on your Vitamin D....at least yearly.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a SUPER good Sunday. Hope your team wins...(if you have a favorite)

Stay safe and warm, if you can. Enjoy any sunshine if you have some. Remember spring is just around the corner. (only one more corner to turn)

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi and all who follow. It was very cold again last night but the end of it is in sight. I saw my neighbor who also feeds the little thee legged black cat in the neighborhood. He has not seen him in several days either. I think the cold got to him of someone brought him to the shelter. I hope it was the latter. He is just a sweet little animal. If I do find him I may have to take him in to the vet and bring him in the house.

My back is spooky this am. I get warning shots of little spasms. Time to stretch. It will be a day of mostly rest here. I am doing alright for the most part today. My body sure is hard to figure out. I hope someday I find the balance we all seek. I am not quite there yet.

My spirits are slowly on the rise with the thoughts of spring in my head. It is about 11 degrees right now and it feels a LOT better than the negatives we have had for so long here. I can't wait for the warm up.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hi Mimi, Cory and all to follow.. Happy Super bowl day.

Sorry to hear about your plant Mimi--but it is warm today and lovely! I have doors open to cool it off in here. I think its supposed to rain a few days after this.. heard from neighbor.

Cory-- so terribly sad to hear about the little kitty! I had a one eyed, one winged dove I rescued on a walk when we lived in Fargo when we had to move to the Carolinas I gave her to a family that a collection of disabled pets, including 3 legged cat and dog. You know one thing about being sort of quiet by way of fibro --I see things outside that I am sure most people walk right by. Grateful for that.

hubby came home for a few days, back from working in Germany. We took a nice walk today with both dogs. Our nearby kids and grands are coming for the game in a bit. I am just sitting down. I have cut up some veggies and cheeses and got that all ready. Other than I picked up a big fresh pizza at Aldi--so I'm going to let Hubby grill that. This is what I call an 'easy' superbowl meal. I'm very very tired and moody late. I had a lot of stress over some days trying to get a med issued fixed with dr's assistant--and she left me high and dry over the weekend so I had to cut up my remaining 2 pills and take 1/4 doses of it. I'm not sure how well it is working to be honest. My nerves are shot, hubby says i'm acting bi-polar and talking too much. I don't know. I know I 'm having more and more depressed feelings and jerking & twitches.

We have been discussing trying to treat this naturally rather than taking the seizure meds. He says they seem to be worse than my seizures were. I got a book about it, and have been researching herbs mainly that calm nerves and antispasmodic herbal things that could help with muscle spasms and maybe the jerks. dunno. .could help with the fibro.

We had such warm weather I went out and harvested some dandelion leaves and seed heads! I can't believe we got dandelions pop up all of sudden. Anyhow I had a little salad with a bowl of leaves and some juice from an orange. Its a bitter herb but I kind of liked the freshness. Also cut some chives for hubby he likes it on his potatoes with cottage cheese.

Anyhow I 'm going to do some research and try some things and maybe try to write about it as I do it--or when I find things that are useful.

I was bothered by the seizures--esp. since i didn' tknow what they were--but I have to admit-- the meds are worse. Maybe I"m over sensitive but Hubby says he thinks I've got almost ever side effect known on the lists. argh.
Besides that he says I should have a lot better dr support to be taking this kind of stuff than I do.--which is also true.

The neuro has too many patients to really be there for you if things don't work out between your appointments --so off you go with these crazy scary drugs and nobody returns calls or anything.

Ah well... not like I haven't had to figure things out myself ever before. Thank goodness I had the fibro first--I've had practice with this sort of thing.

mary

crazytaurenswife responded:
Hello

Last week ended up being busier than I'd expected. I've spent several more hours than I usually do on school discussion forums (all my classes are online, so making a post and replying to one or two others counts as most of our participation grade). Last week in my communications course we had to pick a slogan from a political campaign or advertisement and discuss what was used (short phrase, catchy tune) and how this made it effective. I chose "but you don't look sick" and gave a link to "The Spoon Theory." I explained the meaning behind the words and how this brings together those who have chronic illnesses and the other people in their lives. This is an excellent reminder to me that things we say and do, no matter how insignificant at the time, can go on to have a great impact on the lives of others. A few classmates responded and I ended up posting a link to the small website I made for one of my web design assignments. I know at least one of them intended to visit both sites to learn more.

DS13 had an appointment at an asthma clinic (all good news - this is the healthiest he's been respiratory-wise in years). DS16 is dealing with the usual teenage stuff and he's mad at us for getting him in to counseling, so he's moody. He's currently griping DS13 for asking what game he's playing.

I hope you're all staying warm and healthy. There are so many illnesses being spread it can be hard to fight them off. Any little thing we catch seems to turn into not-so-little things that don't want to go away. I am over what I was sick with a couple of weeks ago, but I'm having another one of my cold days. One would think this would not be a problem considering I'm covered with a snuggy and an electric blanket (turned on), and using my laptop. On days like this I usually warm up around 8 - and then I'm burning up for the rest of the evening. There is no happy medium when it comes to my body temperature

Time to finish up the last of the reading I have to do for this week's schoolwork. See you all later

~air hugs~
Jessi

bette_kaffitz responded:
Mimi, Cory, Mary, and all our FMily,

It has been spiting snow-like mist all day. Any groundhog who thinks he sees his shadow here in WNY and predicts an early spring must have been transplanted here during his hibernation--from someplace where spring starts before May.

Mary, I cannot believe that your doctor's staff could be so cavalier about your meds. This is a really big deal. What if you have a seizure while your are driving or cooking or doing something else that could be dangerous if done by someone who isn't really all there?

Cory, I think we all have spooky bodies. They give us all kinds of surprises--good or bad--all the time. It was great having 1 1/2 days of NO low back pain until the left side's trial RFA wore off. Now I am surprised anew at the feeling of no pain on the right and lots on the left. Weird.

The cat DH rescued from the abandoned farm up the road back in November has just started to act like a true male. (I had had hopes he had been neutered. Cats can fool you.) He's using the litter box for his feces, but has starting to spray the furniture. Tomorrow morning, I will have to set up some surgery at the vet's. Maybe this will tame our Fritzie.

Hope you all are having a great Sunday and have a blessed week to come.

Bette

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
179 of 196 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.