Skip to content
lumbar stenosis
zippdee7 posted:
Is lumbar stenosis and scoliosis related to fibro? I have both along with fibro. Didn't know about slight scoliosis until I was grown, which was about 10 years ago. Any comments helpful.

crazytaurenswife responded:
Hello

No, spinal stenosis and scoliosis are not directly related to FM. But I have seen that people who have FM frequently have other conditions along with it. I had surgery for spinal stenosis and herniated discs in the low lumbar region six years ago. The stenosis came from my dad, the FMonster came from my mom's mom.

~air hugs~ Good luck!
Jessi

rowan73 replied to crazytaurenswife's response:
I have the disc issues, mild scoliosis(very mild, not noticed till ex-rayed), and a bunch of other spinal stuff. I've noticed that my healing for procedures takes longer and the locals give me bad reactions. Is this common with fibro? The doc said I'll have to have surgery. I have places where the spinal canal is impinged. How did your surgery go? Did it help? Or did it make your FM worse in the long run? I wasn't given any info from the doc. Not even where in the spine I'd need it. My discs are bulging and herniated in neck and lower back. Guess I'm worrying because of lack of info. Any feed back would be great and more than I have now.

please and thank you
Rowan

pl
Smile you're never alone, and laughter is the best medicine. As Bobby McFerrin said Don't worry, be happy...an anthem for me...remember stress makes it worse ;)

missist replied to rowan73's response:
Hi any kind of spine issue can be closely tied to fibro. From cervical to lumbar you'll find people who have deg. disc, arthritis and stenosis along with fibro. The causality is not yet understood for fibro or why it is common with other problems--but yes absolutely spine issues are a biggy for many many fibro folks. I've got issues throughout my spine, deg. disc in cervical, scoliosis (also mild) and bulging disc in lumbar/sacro.

Also have hip/and hands, feet & knee arthritis. so --yes it does go together for many of us. I don't know if it is most--but I'm sure it is many.
Mary

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.