Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday *****2/3/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Hello FMily. MiMi in NC where I woke up too darn early this morning...it was around 3 and I ended up having issues going back to sleep. When it was time for me to get up I was late so I did not have time to post before going to keep my GS. So I am just now getting back home. It is raining here....but at least it is not ice or snow. I am so ready for spring next month. It can NOT get here fast enough for me.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. I do hope you had a good Sunday. I guess most people watched the Super Bowl....not me though. I watched the special about the kidnapping of the reporter and her friend. Sad, sad story. I am indeed glad that they were found but sad to know that the woman returned again to the same country where she got kidnapped.

I noticed that the ape who predicts the winners of the Super Bowl again got it right again. He must be a smart ape.

I hope things go well for all of the people who are part of the Olympics this year. I hope there are no major issues. I am so glad that I do not have any close friends or family that will be going.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will soon find some good *tools* that will help you cope better. You have to do your own trial and error process though to figure out what will work for you.

Vitamin D. Again I am reminding those of you who have not gotten your Vitamin D level checked to remember to do this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping each of you will enjoy your Monday today.

Stay safe and stay warm, if you can.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday All1

It's snowing here in southeast Mass. We're in the 1-3" area, and a friend cancelled lunch because she said it was really slick. Our DPW has been sanding since 11 this morning. I don't know whether my 5:30 meeting will be held, but I'm ready anyway. I could always email my report to everyone. Ahhh, winter in New England!

We didn't bother to watch the football game yesterday. DH tun ed in a couple of times to get the score. I din't like football, but I wanted to see Bruno Mars; he put on a nice show. I used Shazam to get the title of a song, and it listed a lot more music than we heard. It's sad that the network won't let you see the whole thing they only care about the $$$ from the ads.

I loved the Budweiser ad, and I should go see the others on-line. Why do they even bother?

I finally started the sweater for DH. Last spring, he commented "I think I'd like you to make me a sweater." I was stunned! So I got out the Ann Budd book "The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns" and got to work. Her book has generic patterns for hats, mittens, gloves and sweaters, and I'll be following the specifics for his size. The design is just for him, and related to our 30th anniversary last summer, and he likes what I've showed him. I can't wait to be finished and have him wear it!

I'm doing a little bird watching too. A northern yellow-shafted flicker and his family are nesting nearby. We love feeding the birds, but (the birds who peck at the trees looking for bugs to eat) are a bit fussier than finches and robins. The "yellow shaft" are his tail feathers. The "missus" was out earlier, he doesn't seem to mind the snow. (Sorry, but the one word I used was flagged by WebMD. LOL)

Gotta get back to work. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hello to MiMi, Lou, and All,

My internal clock must be completely out of kilter. I'm falling asleep around 4 or 5 in the morning! I've been trying to get up earlier in hopes of resetting my clock, but it's so hard when you are still so tired and could probably sleep til noon--if not interrupted.

This morning it was a phone call from my dear friend who lives in NJ. I sincerely hope that she did not pick up on my inner, "Let me get some sleep and I'll call you back." thoughts. Actually, I love to hear from her at any time of day or night. Old friends are like that.

Anyway, she was complaining about the foot of snow they should be getting today. (I poked my head out from the covers and saw we had an inch.) The senior center she visits most weekdays would be closed today and tomorrow, so this system must mean business.

Is it me, or has the weather been worse since they started naming winter storms? Of course, it depends on where you are and what you like to do. I get a kick out of these people who bemoan too little snow for their ski season or too few really warm days to spend on the beach during the summer. I may be wrong, but I think anyplace on earth that could brag of 70 degree days, 60 degree nights, and low humidity for 90% of the year would be flooded with FMers like us.

Until this utopia appears, I guess we just have to plug along as usual.

Bette

P.S. I am NOT a nurse. I am certified to teach both biology and chemistry and have taught nurses, but I am just a patient like you--one who keeps researching our common illness. And I make mistakes. Just like you.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good afternoon everyone. It was a tough day today. I am not sure why, as I took it easy yesterday. I went to bed with nasty pain in my left leg. It was still there and followed me all day. It was not fun trudging round in work boots. I have had it before and I hope it goes away. I put Biofreeze on it right when I got home. I think I will be bringing it to work tomorrow.

We watched the Super Bowl here but I am not a sport's fan. I watch about 3 games a year. I am sure my DW appreciates that about me. I didn't watch it seriously, but we had it on for the whole game just to see the adds and the halftime show.

I know we sometimes get snow into late April. I do hope this year is an exception. I have seen enough for a long time. Between a long end to winter last year, a cool summer, then this horrendous cold blast, I am itching for change.

Bette and Mimi, I hope you get you sleep in a normal fashion tonight. Thoughts of utopia.

Lou, drive safe.

I hope you all have a warm and safe evening. Take care everyone.

Cory

crazytaurenswife responded:
Hello

I was getting ready to head upstairs when I remembered I hadn't checked in yet today. My morning wasn't too bad, but I can't say the same for my afternoon and evening. I must have done something I shouldn't have last night. When my back hurts, it always starts on the same side (right). It's bad it now hurts from my low back to my hip and down to my ankle. The place where the doctor poked me is acting up, too. I've been trying very hard to not be grouchy today. I only snapped at someone once, so I'm fairly proud of my accomplishment lol

Lots of schoolwork to keep me busy and it's freezing outside - literally. I'm missing the 50* days we've had lately. But since I live in Canada I guess I can't complain *too* much...

Wishing you all a good night's sleep and a low pain day tomorrow!

~air hugs~
Jessi

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.