Skip to content
Hump Day ****2/5/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where I woke up again too darn early. it was 4 this morning. I did NOT want to get up but after a while as I lay there, not able to drift back to sleep....well, it was time for me to get up. I am sure that I will need a nap before long though. I hate being tired when I wake up. And I hate not being able to go back to sleep. There is no happy medium here. I guess I am between a rock and a hard spot, with no place to go.

Well, at least it is going to be an OK day. They are saying there is another cold front though headed this way. I don't think they are sure though exactly what is going to happen. I am hoping it will just skip over NC. I have had enough COLD. I am so ready for spring time and warmer weather.

I hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that things will improve for you soon. It does take time to figure out just what the right combination is for us to cope better so hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped. You will never know until you try different things.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day. Stay safe and stay warm.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Snowy Morning All!

We're getting our second storm of the week. It's about 4" deep now, and we're in the "3-6" with freezing rain and sleet later" area. Brrr! The dog loves this, but will be in pain later. DH just took her out, then put out suet cakes "for the feathered freeloaders". LOL

Woke up achy and tired today. I took a yoga class last night, which might have contributed, but my hips have been painful for the past few weeks. I don't want to go back to PT, but I might have to. I'll call the doc tomorrow, which means I'll forget and whine more. LOL

A bunch of feathered freeloaders just showed up - today the mix is woodp*ckers (WebMD doesn't like that name!), chickadees and cardinals. Haven't seen the flicker yet, but he might just be waiting for the smaller birds to disperse.

Wishing you all the best day you can possible have. Stay war and dry!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week. Hope your day is going well and that fibro issues and pain are not part of your day.

It's cold, dreary and over cast here. Had a short burst of snow, 5 minutes worth, then just grey and ugliness. Hope your areas are not to deep in snow or cold. ( Cory I'm thinking of you. ) I see that many of you are deep in the white stuff already. So Please stay safe and warm.

Wish I could feel warm. I feel like it's freezing in here. It isn't of course, but the cold I feel is making the fibro symptoms act up and OUCH is the word for the day. "( I am so glad that spring is coming.

MiMi, sorry you didn't get a full nights sleep, again. Hope that today you are able to rest and recoup some.

Lou, sorry your area is getting more snow. "( Hope that it doesn't disrupt your life to very much.

DH will be making his flight arrangements today to travel back to Los Angeles, for his brother's funeral on 2/21. His 2 children and grandchildren have made the arrangements so now DH, knowing the date, can plan to fly back for the service, which is oddly, all to be done in one day. Viewing and pastor, etc. ??? I am assuming cost is a factor in that arrangement. The children have gotten a plot in the cemetery that he had said at one time he thought was beautiful.

That cemetery is oddly enough just a few feet away from where I had the auto accident at age 16 and got, so I'm being told now, the beginnings of the SFN ( root to fibro issues ) and PN. As a teen it was a favorite thing to do to tell ghost stories near or at midnight. Some times after a party ended a bunch of teens around my age would drive near the local cemeteries and tell ghost stories. Well one night we went to do that, 3 carloads of us and the driver of my car missed a turn and slid into the hill, rolled over 3 times. The car was crushed. No seat belts but all I got was 2 cuts to the face. But now years later the neurologist who DX'd the SFN and PN says that car accident is the root cause to my fibro issues and conditions. Looking back I should just gone home after the party.

Speaking of doing thins, today I'm going to get the suit cases out, again, and get ready for our flight over to North Carolina Friday. Should be a 3 day vacation. Will be nice to see the family, daughter and grandkids, along with getting my car back. That's the reason for the trip. I've been carless since 12/26. The repair shop got done with it Monday. They replaced the whole front end along with a new right front tire. 6100 hundred dollars plus 550 from me. A lot and just come under the wire for being a total. Thank God for all the bells and whistles I got on it. I hope all that's been done to it has been done right because the repair shop, which gives a life time guarantee on their work, is 700 miles away. Hard to think of taking it back because a bolt or screw is causing problems. UGH

Okay, guess I should get to getting things done.
Have a wonderful fibro issue and pain free day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I hope that by this hour you are all relaxing and had a good day. I am doing just that, watching the news in the backround. It is still cold, but not the deep freeze.

I had a rough day. I am not entirely sure why. I went to work where I usually have no major stress lately, and was frustrated right off the get go. I was sore in the am too, but better by noon. In the afternoon I felt like I had a fever, odd for me. Once home I had 2 important calls to make, both went ok, but with both my phone acted up and dialed someone else. The second time it zoomed the screen in and locked up. Smart phone my butt! I was also irritable all day. I can't make much sense of it but I am good tonight. Sometimes I think I may just be going nuts early.

I Stay warm and safe, take care, and sleep well everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
super short.. I accidentally replied for the evening on the Tuesday Thread. So.. gosh tired.. anyone interested can read my post there. adieu.
mary

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.