Skip to content
Thursday ****2/6/2014 ****Good weather in NC
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and we are having some nice weather today. Is this the calm before the storm? I am so ready for some nice sunshine and some good weather without rain and wind.

I woke up around 1 am this morning. OMG. I could NOT believe this at all. I drifted off to sleep early, as it was around 10. 3 hours does NOT get it at all. I finally drifted back to sleep around 3 and then woke up again around 6. (the furbabies had to get up this time)....OMG. I was so tired and give out. I was able to go back to take another nap and ended up waking up around 9 when the telephone rang. I think I could have slept even more though.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I do hope the weather is good for you as well. NC is having some sunshine today. This is a good thing for sure.

So an article caught my attention this morning. http://autos.aol.com/article/warning-drivers-of-speed-traps-with-flashing-headlights-is-free/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D439290 I will share it with anyone who might want to read it. I can remember when this was done back when I was a teenager and now it has gone to FEDERAL court. It seems like there are lots of issues which are now slap out of control. Perhaps it is lack of training, communication and interpretation and some common sense as well. The man received a $1000 fine. I could hardly believe this. But it is so good to know that someone took the time and effort to make a DIFFERENCE for everyone.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort to find the *just right combination* that will work for you.

Vitamins and supplements are on the top of my list, plus lots of other things as well. Vitamin D is the one thing that I continue to include for everyone to see. Speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which just might make a difference in your level of pain. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Drinking plenty of water is also important for me. Doing gentle exercises and/or stretches is also good. Eating right and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more. Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts also helps a person to relax so they can sleep better. Using Stopain Spray is also helpful for when you have places which refuse to ease. (Stopain is good stuff and can be found at walmart for just under $10).

New members should check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.
There are all sorts of good info here on this site. Be sure and check out other things as well. Right above here you will find the Health A-Z, Drugs and supplements and Living Healthy plus others.

And if you have some good *tools* that you have found that has made a difference for you, I hope you will share them with your FMily.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day. Stay safe and stay warm. Spring is just around the corner.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

I hope everyone's healthy and doing well. There are so many illnesses being spread around it can be hard to stay healthy. I've got two sick kids, one with a chest cold and one with a bad headache & upset stomach. I am a little worried that DS13 may start having migraines. I had them all through my teens and most of my 20s. DS16 started having them when he was about 12, but he seems to have outgrown them. DS16 may be sharing his cold with me as I now have a sore throat. But if it wasn't him, it could have been any of the kids where I work.

I overdid it yesterday and paid for it last night (and I probably will be for the next few days). I had made whole wheat pasta dough a couple of days ago and refrigerated it until I had time to make it. I used my attachments for my stand mixer last night and turned it all into fettuccine. Then I made pizza dough with garlic & herbs (also using my mixer - it's starting to (finally) not feel like cheating to use it instead of doing it all by hand), did dishes, and something else I can't think of just now. Between the hour I spent walking at work and all I did the past two days, I am not feeling so great today. It took a long time to fall asleep, even though I took an additional pain med. I was up off and on during the night and gave up on sleep around 5:00.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I have to make some significant changes in my life so I won't be in this position (needing to lose roughly half my body weight, among other things) by my next birthday. My biggest problem is willpower - I know exactly what I need to do, but I allow excuses to get in the way. This time I'm going to make an organized list of goals. I will start with one goal tomorrow and add another after a set time. The further along I go, the bigger/more time-consuming the goal(s) will be. This next year will be hard but I want to have something to truly celebrate by this time next year.

I hope you're all having a fantastic day with lots of sunshine.

~air hugs~
Jessi

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was my long day at work today and it ran to the tune of 11 hrs. I was fortunate that my body got through it without any major issues. This was a surprise to me. Only the wrist gave me trouble and lower level fatigue today. I am hoping it doesn't set me up for a rough weekend.

I am keeping it short tonight, I will be off to bed early. take care everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Good Evening folks..
I had a long long day today too. Had grandkids from noon til after 9:30 this evening. I also did not take anything for pain today--so It has been a really tough haul to follow them around and all that. My grandson Jake he was such a handful! climbing on everything all the time. LOL. wore me ragged. but he is so sweet. Grand daughter Evelyn wanted my attention a lot to play with her. We did playdoh and coloring while Jake napped. And so--I finally took some aleeve about 8:30 ish. I was trying to see what my pain level actually is with no meds so I would know what to say to my drs. Its pretty bad. I get so stiff! neck/shoulder; feet/ankles; knees; hips; lower back and a spot in my mid back too. seems to be trouble in every major joint and spine. l know there is fibro but this is all tamed a bit by nsaids--so I know there must be inflammation--why it doesn't show up in blood work I have no idea but there it is. I am exhausted. Well so much for griping. doesn't help does it?

G'nite hope everyone had as decent of a day as they could. God Bless!
Mary

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.