Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF*****2/7/2014 *****Roll Call ***New members also....
dollbug posted:
TGIF**** FMily. MiMi in NC and I am up too darn early again this morning. I need to get out of this *routine* that my body has gotten into. Waking up every 3 hours is for the birds.

Can you believe it is Friday again? February is moving right along. Spring time is getting closer as each day passes.

I am having a good time keeping my new GS....he is growing and changing every week. He likes to smile at MiMi. I talk to him a lot and he pretends he is listening to every word I say. Yesterday he slept for 3 hours. I guess he was tired because this is the first time he was asleep this long with me.

My older son is taking his daughter to a father/daughter dance at school tonight. She is going to wear a dress. I hope someone takes pictures. I have not seen her in a dress since she returned last March. OMG...it has been almost a year now. It is funny also as she has NOT missed one visit either. I guess it pays sometimes to be told what the schedule will be. She loves to spend time with her daddy. She is so happy when my DH picks her up for her week-end. I am sure this is the time she looks forward to the most. She stills does not understand why she can not just stay with him. I am sure this will be in the near future.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better.

Each Friday we have Roll Call and hope you will check in and update the FMily on how you are doing and whatever else you care to share with us. Sometimes it is hard for everyone to post every day but we hope you will try to post on Fridays, if possible. We do care and hope you will post as often as you can.

We also hope the new members will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying.

Vitamin D. For anyone who has not done so, please remember that low Vitamin D just might cause additional pain for some people. You should speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked and then keep tabs on it at least once a year.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Stay warm and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.
Your body will thank you.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday Family. Hope you day goes well and that fibro issues and pain are not a part of it.

Brrrr it's cold here, 17, and heading to NC where it's no better. Snowed at DD's house last night. But need to retrieve my car and going east is a must do.

DH and I are waiting to board our flight out. Even on the terminal it's cold. Ugh can't wait for spring. Glad we're doing some non family business. This takes our mind off of sadder things going on. DH's sisters have been calling him each night. Guess they need to be comforted and comforting. Wish this were all a dream we'd wake up from and having the funeral so far away, the 21ST, just makes moving on and closure that much harder.

Okay they're calling for boarding. Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Good Friday FMily!

Cold and sunny here, and the BIG storm they predicted for Sunday has broken up and disappeared. I'm glad since I don't shovel. LOL I figured out a couple of years ago that if I shovel "righty" I'm more likely to get overzealous and hurt myself. So, I now shovel "leftie" - smaller loads and slower - it gets done but I don't get done in.

My client doesn't need me through next week, so I'm arranging to see friends and other clients. Such is the life of a freelance designer! I'm also planning two days of cleaning in my office, which has become my Pit of Despair. (Princess Bride fans, laugh out loud!) I think a coupe days will do it, and I've already started. I have a huge tote of design and software technique magazines, and I'm donating them to a vo-tech high school design class. The teacher is a friend, and I like to help when I can.

Tomorrow there will be ca Chocolate Stroll in our downtown. Buy a ticket, get chocolate at participating businesses. Lots of fun for kids and adults. One of the buildings was destroyed by fire in Jan, and we thought it was important to get people downtown and remind them that most businesses still open!

Yes, MiMi, I'm trying to remember to pace, and I'll make sure to do that when I'm in major cleaning mode.

Linda, gentle hugs for you and your family. It's not easy, I know, but you will get through this.

Wishing you all the best day - and the best weekend - you can possibly have,
Louise

fibroinsd responded:
Good Afternoon..

Well, I am sure my weather can beat your weather, but it has been cool and actually a bit rainy. We need the rain, but I will take warm sunshine any day.

I am still struggling with this darn tummy issues...I sure wish I could get it figured out. I am taking some probiotics which seems to help a bit, but not really doing it. I do need to get to a gastro doc..but trying to get my insurance figured out first..and hoping I can get some help with it..but I doubt that will happen. I have a high deductible..so I am sure I will be paying up the kazoo..

Not much else to report...my daughters cat is still driving us crazy...We close our door at night so she can't come in our room..but last night she somehow got the door open, and came in and knocked the back of the tv cabinet, and then was inside the cabinet. We got her out of there..and she ran off into the closet..We were chasing here around in the middle of the night..oh lordy..what a sight ! ...finally caught her and kicked her out of the room...Now it is one pm in the afternoon..and she must be snoozing away somewhere..haven't seen her lately..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece....sounds like cat has got its days and nights mixed up. Years ago we had a cat like this....slept all day and prowled around at night. Not a good thing. Perhaps this is a cat's normal life.

I sure hope you figure out your tummy issues. I think a lot of people are having health insurance problems right now.

I did hear where some of Ca is having drought issues.

NC sure has had its share of rain this winter. I guess it will be dry come warm weather. Strange and weird weather in a lot of the country.

Take care. Hope you feel better soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

meg_k replied to dollbug's response:
Hi, everyone. As usual, I'm in and out as I can be.

Linda, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Cece -- when are we not having tummy issues, huh? Sorry they've become so problematic for you & hope you can get the insurance situation resolved.

As for me, bad pain lately. I've increased my exercise so that may be why. Have been doing a lot of yoga. I am not perceiving fatigue or pain when I do it but the pain may be telling me I am overdoing it. I just hate to give it up because it feels better physically to stretch and move, and emotionally as well and I look better when I do it.

I never have pain in that collarbone tender point or front neck, but it is killing me today. I usually try to avoid NSAIDs, but this week has been a bonanza. Headaches also. It may not be all the exercise causing it. Who knows? It's been so flipping cold here, for so long, worse than our usual MN winters. That can't be helping.

On the blessing side of things: the sun is out today, I have an awesome family, friends, and dog, a roof over my head, a car that runs and food to eat. And all of your help & support!

Soft, WARM hugs.
Meg.

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
456 of 531 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.