Skip to content
Monday, Monday *****2/10/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where the weather people are again predicting a cold front headed our way with some of the *s* included. OMG***I am so ready for spring time and warm weather. I have had enough of the cold weather.

I woke up again too darn early this morning but was at least able to go back to sleep. I have no idea why I am doing this. I hate being on this schedule of sorts though and I hope it changes soon.

I did rest yesterday.....tried to recover from Saturday. I guess one day maybe, I will learn my lesson and know that I had better slow down before it is too late. It is so easy to do this though.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today is a good day for us all with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Just being around people who understand what you are dealing with each day helps. Learning all you can about what others have found that has made a difference is a good thing too. As we all know we are all different and what helps one person may or may not help another. Only you will know when you have found the right *combination of tools* which make a difference. (and it is indeed normally a combination of tools, not just one thing). There are no magic pills which work or over cures.

Vitamin D. My favorite *tip*. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Stay safe and stay warm, if you can. Remember that spring is just around the corner. (thank goodness)

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Monday MiMi and to all that follow. Here's hoping each of you has a good day and one that is fibro issue and pain free.

MiMi, so glad you were able to rest and recoup yesterday. And too that you got a pretty good night's sleep.

It's cold and over cast here.. gloomy as all get out. We missed getting snow this time but have another shot at it later tonight and Wednesday. I hate to venture out but have a few errands to run.

It's nice to have a car again. Didn't realize how much I needed it until I didn't have it. I hate to think that in a few years I may need or want to use shuttles or vans to get around. UGH. But nice to know that I can get picked up at my door and dropped back off after going to places or appointments for a few dollars a trip. And dropping car insurance, gas and upkeep will put a lot back in my pocket. But it's down the road so now need to dwell on things that will come later on. Now I just need to get used to having my car in the garage and knowing I can just get in it and go. Nice.

Aside from the weather there's not a lot to post about so will end this here with best wishes for a great day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Happy Monday!

Still cold here in southeastern New England, and an inch or two of snow accumulated last night. We're just weary right now, and winter's only about half over. I'm not one to blame the groundhog, but enough is enough.

My long-term project has come to an abrupt end. There's still quite a bit to be done, but they decided to let someone else to finish it. I hope he/she can figure out the standards that we set last year. The gal driving it left for another position, so now it's a whole new ballgame for two new people with 1/4 of it left to finish.

I'm working diligently on my DH's pullover sweater. Using a knitwear design book I've had for years, I designed it for our 30th anniversary last summer. While I was thinking of wool last summer, I didn't start it 'til a couple weeks ago. It's looking great, I can't wait 'til it's done - and he wears it!

Gonna go see what work I can find. I'll get myself into a routine of working, knitting and socializing/networking, and stick to it.

Wishing you all the best day you can possible have,
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
They are saying -14 tonight here. It is already -4. Looking ahead though it is the last of the nasty cold. There are even low 30's in the near future. It's hard to wrap my head around it. I hope it sticks.

My Monday was looking grim at the start. I tossed and turned all night long. My DW was snoring and both hounds got into something and had to go out a few times through the night. I think a bone they had for a short while was too old and I threw it out. It was not fun here and I had horns sticking out of my head when I rose from bed. It did slowly get better all day though.

This evening I found us a much better deal on car insurance. You really should shop around every 5 years I never took the advice myself, I am now and it will make a big difference. Look around once in a while. I wish I had.

Those suffering with the cold, snow, and lack of power, stay strong, warm, and safe.

I hope you all have a good night's rest and a good day tomorrow. Take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory....I hope you get rid of the *horns sticking out of your head*.....LOL....I know this is not funny....but I am laughing. Sorry. I hope things get better for you soon.

I hope you have a good night's rest as well and a good day tomorrow.....(with no horns)

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.