Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day *****2/12/2014 *****SNOW?????????
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where they are saying everyone had better gear up for SNOW and lots of it. 10 inches in some places. WHAT???? I am so ready for SPRING and warmer weather. The schools are closed and they are saying that power will probably go out as well. They are also saying that ICE is expected. OMG. I am NOT ready for this. When I heard yesterday though that it was on its way, well, I had to get out and get a *few* things at the grocery store. Me and hundreds of other people too. OMG. I could hardly believe it. It was worse than right before Christmas.

I did what little bit I needed to do and then waited in line. What was I thinking? I needed just a few things. I had no idea that this was going to be such a big deal. Anyway. I will be so glad when this is over with.

I bought some cat litter last time snow was predicted and did not have to use it. It is good to put on steps. So I have that and my DH decided to get another snow shovel yesterday as well. I guess we will need it.

I read the south is more prepared for this than the last one. I guess after all of the publicity on the last spell they now have their ducks in a row. I heard that Atlanta will be trying to keep at least one lane of traffic in each direction opened. People just need to stay inside and not get out in it. Most people there have no clue how to drive in bad weather anyone. Heck some don't even know how to drive in normal weather. Atlanta is not a good place to drive anytime.

OK....I guess I need to get off my soapbox for the day.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all as well, with little to no pain. Is this possible? I guess time will tell. I doubt it. Do the best that you can. Try to stay safe and warm. That is all we can do.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better.

Vitamin D. Speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day, if possible. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. This too will pass. Spring is just around the corner.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week. Hope everyone's day is going well and that each of you is fibro issue and pain free today. Know it's not going to be possible for some of us, me today, but wish it for everyone just the same.

We're waiting for snow megaton. Schools closed here, southern end of middle TN, Maury Co, but no snow, no ice. It's 40 degrees now.. snow right! The city here went into snow and ice crisis mode yesterday battening down the hatches and putting brine on the roads. Right now the rain is washing that way so am guessing the roads will be slick for tonight and tomorrow's a.m. rush hour. And so we wait.

MiMi, I so get what your saying, I had DH pick up some things at SAM'S Club on his way home from work yesterday so I have milk and bread, etc. I went out to check the ice melt and we have 3 medium size bags.. so we're ready when it and if it comes.

And as for waiting for weather things to come: HURRY UP SPRING. I JUST CAN'T ENDURE WINTER'S WEATHER MUCH LONGER.

Not a lot to post about today so will close this here with well wishes for all...

missist replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
HI all from South Carolina where we are being hammered by winter. Yesterday it snowed all day--but nothing really stuck on road. Today however we woke up to a coating of ice on the roads and then it began to really snow. Every now and then the trees decide to let the snow melt so drip drip drip--more ice.
then more snow. So-- I am not going anyplace today.

There is one thing I have learned since we moved here from the north--people around here CANNOT drive on snow or ice--at all. And those are the ones who have all decided to go out there.

I lived in Fargo for a while and didn't see as many bad winter drivers as here. (although we did always find some cars in ditches on Saturday mornings.)

So anyhow I have been doing some batch cooking today. I found some marked down chickens at the IGA and I'm roasting em up and freezing them in meal size packs. I cleaned out my freezer and fridge and also found some frozen fruit that I have dumped into my dehydrator. Making good use of the time since I can't go anyplace and my grandkids aren't coming over since they can't go anyplace either.

I can work about 1/2 a day, then I need to nap--and I do pace myself between this and then chore.

I have the sun room closed since it is cold here and I have sent my space heater to my daughter's house so they have enough heat in their bigger house. I do wrap up and use the sun room though for a couple hours in the evening so I can watch tv. Here it is not quite 1 pm and I am thinking I may need to go out and have a nap soon in my recliner.

Dogs are doing fine-Mojo loves the snow and he looks like the snow too--big white german shepherd. Paco-- does NOT like it; little black chihuahua--in fact he pretty much hates it.
He's got a pillow next to a heat vent. I have to pick him up and force him to go out for potty.

My neck is all kinds of sore--due to the cold so I will likely need to microwave my nice neck/shoulder rice bag. (etsy)

I have plenty here to eat and so long as the power holds out I'm good. Next year I think I will need to get a little pot belly stove just in case we ever do lose power. Weather is so crazy now adays. You don't expect blizzards in South Carolina!

Well that's all. Hope you are all safe and warm and that spring comes soon. Mary

missist replied to missist's response:
Oh-- if you ever want to cool down some chicken and broth in winter-- stick it out in your grill. Keeps the neighbor's dogs wondering.

fibroinsd responded:
Afternoon..I do hope you are all getting through the snowstorms..man what a winter ! Well, here it is another warm day...and we need rain..If only we could get the weather to go where we want it !

I have some update on my tummy troubles...I stopped using my melatonin for sleeping, and my tummy has cleared up a lot..maybe not completely...but 95% better..so I am waiting a few days to see how it goes..but now I am not sleeping as well, so I have gone back to cyclobenazaprine to try and sleep...So, what do I want more sleep and upset tummy or good tummy and no sleep??? hmmmm..oh yea..and my neck has immediately gotten more stiff and achy without the melatonin too...If you remember Bebe from here..she is on fb and swears by something called L-Triptophane ..not sure of the spelling..but it is the thing in food like turkey that makes you sleepy..so I may look into that..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece. It stinks when one thing affect something else. I think everything that I tried did this. I am now having sleeping issues. I do not know why either. I have not changed any of the supplements and vitamins. It seems like it is always something to deal with.

The weather here is COLD, with SNOW and lots of it. It is suppose to snow off and on tonight and tomorrow also. It will turn to sleet and ice. OMG. I am so ready for spring.

The snow is really light and very fine. Not really good to make snowmen. (not that I get out in it anyway). My GC love to get out in it though. My older GS has a hill in his backyard that he can go sledding on. His mommy though is not too happy about the weather right now. She does not like driving out in it.

I sure hope your tummy gets better. Do what you have to ease it. I have dealing with so many aches and pains.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Hello everyone!
I have been working a lot lately so I have not had time to get on my computer. I am doing good. Just tired from working so much. Tomorrow is my birthday! I am taking Friday off so I can take my new dog Gracie to the vet to get fixed. It is hard to believe she is old enough to be fixed. She is now 8 months old. The weather here is cold and rainy. I am really hoping the temps do not keep dropping outside. North Florida does not deal with ice at all. They just shut everything down until the ice melts away. We have no salt trucks at all.
I hope everyone will be safe and stays warm. Happy Valentine to all!

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It seems the whole country aside from the SW is getting snow now. We are supposed the get 3-5" tonight through tomorrow. here we do have some bad winter drivers as well, but most people don't even slow down much. I can see why the south has trouble with unusual weather.

I was very busy today. I had to make a few calls from work for the car, after work I had to take care of the hounds, clean up, and go to Duluth to pick up the new car. It hat buying major things like that. It was fairly quick though since I knew what I did and did not want. Things went well and smooth, it just made for a longer day.

I can tell there is weather rolling in. I have been doing a little better these days but I still know when weather is on it's way. I can feel it like so many here do.

Please be careful out there everyone. Stay warm and safe.

Cory

marylousd responded:
Thanks for the reminder to pace, pace, pace. I woke up feeling 90% better. I began working around the house and my husband had to remind me............
But I am almost pain free today. PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!

missist replied to marylousd's response:
to Mary lou sd? Hey that works. :)btw- my name is mary lou--if that's your name.
Mary

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.