Skip to content
Tuesday****2/18/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC @ 2 am. Don't know why I am awake again but this does seem to be a *normal* for me these days. I have made a horrible *habit* of it, for some reason. I have no idea just why. One would think that I like being up after a few hours of sleep. But I can assure you that is not the case. I am glad that I do not have to keep the GS tomorrow.

NC is indeed having weird weather. We will have temps for several days in the 60's. Can you believe this? Such strange weather. I sure hope it does not make a lot of people sick.
Well, at least the snow will soon go away. I do not think it will survive this warm spell that we are getting.

Welcome to the new members. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Hang out with us here and learn all you can about what others do that has made a difference for them. Be sure and check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and include the *member toolbox* as well.

Vitamin D....speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Here is hoping we all will have a good day with little to no pain.

Enjoy the sunshine if you can. Spring time is just around the corner. I am sure there will be more warm weather soon.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi & All to follow.. Mimi-- 2 Am--well I read someplace that early risers add as much as 10 years to their life in time others sleep through.

I'm waking between 5 & 6 lately-- a little earlier yesterday. My hips & lower back are my wake up call lately. They just suddenly get very uncomfortable and I must get up. Once I'm up and moving they are better.

I'm also realizing that if I skip my celebrex I have much more trouble walking in the morning, so whatever is the issue with my lower back/hips has inflammation involved not just fibro. MRI showed lots of little problems, nothing really fixable.Celebrex helps my neck /shoulder and hands too. But does not touch fatigue and vague aches and the muscle problems in my legs.

I am sitting watching the activity at my bird feeder and out on the lake. Water looks like dark milky coffee today--yuck. Its still a lake though.

We have dams here that channel water from one place to another and make electricity-- so looks like they must have done that as it is all muddy.

Still have seen ducks out swimming this morning and finches & etc all over my feeder. Currently there's a squirrel out there and he is complaining! Too bad for him, seed thief! My grand daughter tries to scare him from the window she says "Scat Skerrel!"

Seeing neuro today.

Enjoying the grandkids a few days a week, By the time daddy came to get them at around 1 yesterday I was having a hard time staying awake and kind of sad about my condition. Who wants to poop out on grandchildren?

I keep thinking-- there has to be a way to fix this mess, to be more energetic.. but what have we all not tried? I'm worried about my babysitting the next 2 days as it is later in the day.

Well time to sip some coffee, pray a bit and watch my birds before I get busy for my half a day of energy.

Love to all, God Bless!
Mary

fibroinsd responded:
Morning all..

I have this week off from work and I am enjoying not having the alarm go off. DH usually has his alarm set for 15 min. before I get up...why I have no idea as he usually doesn't have to be anywhere early..I think he just likes a little quiet time in the morning..again, why I have no idea since he has plenty of time during the day..but oh well..at least he has not had his alarm going off the last two days. Unfortunately this morning at 5 am the daughters cat woke us up..I could hear her clawing at the carpeting. She is suppose to be wearing a "hood" from her surgery...but when I found her at 5 am...she had the hood off. I couldn't find it..so I dumped the cat in DD's room..and went back to bed... Later I got up...found the hood behind the toilet and found the string to it downstairs ...how she got it all off I have no idea.

I am looking forward today to taking my dear friend to lunch. We have birthdays very close together..so I have taken her to lunch for years..then she takes me to lunch..but the last few years we haven't gotten around to doing this. I definitely owe her a lunch.

I have really not been in a very good mood lately...things just seem so stressful lately...hope you all are doing better than me ! Cory..glad you got to vent yesterday...I know these things are such a struggle..that is part of my mood too..I feel like I am doing more than I can, and DH isn't ...and he doesn't understand what a struggle it is for me to just do a normal amount...I know we need to have a talk..but ugh.not sure I want to go there..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse responded:
Hi.. just a very quick note to say Hi. I am late for a hair appointment so can't do much here but wish each of you a good day.

The weather here is nice.. should be nice the next few days too. Will turn ugly on Friday with thunderstorms and lots of rain. Storm shelter I guess here I come : ( .. but hope not.

Okay.. have a good one..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Happy Winter - Again!

It's snowing like crazy here this afternoon, and our street looks slippery. It's only 3:30, and they say the heaviest snow will be here around 5 - when everyone's trying to get home. Lots of us are sick to death of this winter. we've been spoiled by milder winters the past few years, and I know this is the water that will keep the garden's watered this summer.

DH is working from home, and just told me that a local roof has collapsed under the weight of the snow and ice. If you're in a snowy area, and have a flat roof, get someone to rake the snow off before it caves in!

I've been having issues with sleep too: I can't get to sleep at night, and don't want to wake up in the morning. I took Melatonin Sat night, and got up around 10:30 Sun. Sleeping was wonderful, but I'm concerned what it's doing to me. My rheumy said it's safe, but I'm not sure, and will use it wisely.

I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hi to all,

Here I am spitting mad--again. Those blankety blank idiots who write the laws have no idea what they do to us. I'm back to the "You can't get your pain patch refills until 29 days after the last refill." Well Sunday was day 29. No patches. Ditto Monday. Ditto for today.

Theoretically, they should have been there by 2 p.m. today. Luckily, I called first. No patches on the UPS truck.

For those of you who do not use opioids, there is a little matter of withdrawal symptoms. It's not just that you are not getting your pain relief. You also have restless legs, emotional storms, and every fibro symptom you can imagine--from headaches to throbbing toes. And, of course, no sleep at all.

I'm seriously considering committing justifiable homicide, but I don't know who to kill first.

We're still getting an inch or 2 of snow every day, but it will warm into the 40's on Thursday and Friday, bringing localized flooding as rains add to melting snow.

I still can't believe that DH ate and LIKED a meal at our Main Street Chinese restaurant. He has managed to survive at buffets, but they have American choices, too. The Dragon House is strictly Chinese with a full menu of fresh entrees prepared just for you. DH was impressed with the quality of his food and even said he'd go there again. I'm so glad because the young family that owns the Dragon House is so nice. We may be in NY, but there are a lot of "rednecks" here who are anti anything not WASP and 100% American. They are not very welcoming to this family. And yet, they are so grateful to be here. "Is so much better here. Much freeer."

Other than the Native Americans, all of us are the descendants of immigrants. Sometimes we forget that.
My father--with his German accent--surrounded our family with friends of every color and religion. How lucky I am to have had this exposure early in life. It was easier in suburban NJ. Here in Allegany County, my sons grew up in an environment that is 98% Caucasian. The few non-whites are doctors and their families. Even the rednecks tend to respect them!

Have a good night's sleep and a pain-free Wednesday
everyone! And pray that I don't do anything too stupid between now and when I get my meds and they kick back in.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Quick check in then off to bed, I had a long 12.5 hr. day. After work I had to move snow for a neighbor, then drive the boys to my brothers for showers. At least he is close by. I had a tough day due to very high fatigue. When I checked my phone on break and saw a pile of Happy Birthdays, 39th today. It cheered me up.

It's good to see more of you hear today. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
193 of 210 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.