Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hump Day ****2/19/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC. We are having temps around the 60's....I can hardly believe this weather. Not that I am complaining. It is funny as we still have snow in some places. The weather predictions are also stating that there just might be another *cold front* headed our way. REALLY? I am so ready for spring. This morning I hear the birds singing. I am guessing that they are really confused.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest. I woke up again around 4 this morning. (a bit better today) I am really having issues with my sleep. Don't understand this at all. I do hope it improves soon.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Just continue to learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. The more you know the better you cope. It does require a process which takes time and effort.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this for you.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I am running behind this morning. I have to get ready to keep my GS for a while. He is so sweet. He just laughs and smiles a lot. I am now beginning to read to him. I got him a duck which lights up and he likes it. Funny just how much they change at this age. He thinks he is big enough to sit up. He tries. Funny how fast they learn.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and all to follow!
So went to neuro yesterday and I am going to start a 4th new seizure med. Hope it doesn't have side effects.

Decided to go back to school. Inspired by some who have climbed mountains with fibro-- like Nancy and some others--and also by the fact that staying home is just not good for me--I decided on a course of action.

so--I'm going back to PT again and maybe massage therapy and getting my meds adjusted until they are good enough. That's my plan before Fall. I also will try to lose some weight but I KNOW my weight has NOTHING to do with fibro -period.
I'm not going to ever let anyone tell me this is my fault, have gained confidence in that area for sure.

I've decided I would like to train to be a medical assistant and it will take about a year to get a cert in that. Then we shall see.. I am a little old to do this--but I'm thinking there will be some kind of opportunity and I will find it with God's help.

I was a nurses' aide before I got fibro and it became just impossible at the time--but my pain level is much less now and I think I can get someplace if I try.

I will keep on babysitting for now and doing my artwork--but told my son in law that they may need a new babysitter in fall--or we can work out things if our schedules do not overlap too much, we shall see--he is in the same school I will go to.

So going to the school next Tuesday I think as that when I won't be too busy.. or maybe this Friday.

Wish me luck/pray for me--big step at my age, but I feel I can do it.
Mary

crazytaurenswife responded:
Good morning

Happy birthday Cory!

Good luck, Mary! I'm in school also and am nearing the end of my program. I am still waiting to hear whether I'll have to change programs. (Two very important courses require things I can no longer do).

MiMi - I hope you can sleep better tonight and the cold front isn't too bad.

It's been raining just about every day for at least the past week, and will continue the rest of this week. I managed pretty well until two evenings ago. So I took my strongest pain med yesterday...which means I was up way too much last night.

I'm being seen by a sleep apnea doctor today to go over test results. If I don't have it, I hope he will have suggestions. I was hit so hard with fatigue the past couple of days I could barely make it upstairs to lay down.

Time to run. Kids are getting ready for school and I haven't had my first cup of tea yet. I've been awake for over two hours, so you'd think I'd have made it that far at least

~air hugs~ I hope you're all staying warm and dry!
Jessi

fibroinsd responded:
Good Morning..

I don't feel quite awake yet..maybe I will come back later...just wanted to say "HI" and tell Mary...good luck..and if you start to panic and think you can't do this...just take a deep breath and ask for help...you can do it..I think we get a panicky feeling and quit so easily...just hang in there..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Middle of the week y'all. I do hope today is a good day for you and that you are not dealing many or any of fibro's many conditions or pain.

It's a nice here. Going up to middle 60's and only a few white clouds over us. Tomorrow will be mid 70's but with it strong storms and straight line winds. UGH. I do so hate the change over from the cold to the warm here in the S.E. But with spring there's always the risk of storms that do damage. I do so hope there's none of that tomorrow afternoon.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CORY. Hope your day was wonderful. <3

MiMi, I too am so ready for warmer sunny days. This has been my winter of discontent beyond all others.

cece, Hope you are enjoying days off. Rest and Recoup. <3

Jessi, sorry about the rain. If it's not one thing it's another weather wise. Congratulations on being so close to finishing your program. Hope there's not to much left for you to do.

Mary good luck with your new education choices. I do hope it a good fit for you and remember we are NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN, GET A JOB AND BE OF SERVICE.

Ah now for my day. My fibro has been acting up and I feel run down and drained. I don't hurt as much as I have had in past flares, but OUCH I do ache. IBS is also acting up but I know it's what I've been eating, so can fix that easily. I got a new med for the IBS. Cheap at 4 dollars a month but I don't know much about it. Has anyone used Dicyclomine? It's 10 MG's. I looked it up on Google and the side effects are pretty much like the rest of the IBS meds, but am concerned about it and my taking Gabapentin. supposed to make one drowsy. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Have a few errands to run today. Am leaving the ME things to tomorrow when DH is heading to LA. I don't have a lot to do but it will be nice to be out in the warm sunny weather today. I am guessing it will be muggy Friday when the warmth brings in the strong storms. I will have DH check the cellar storm shelter and make sure it's clear of any wintering bugs. UGH I hate bugs down there and can't for the life of me figure out how they get under the house.

Okay should get up and get moving. Closing this post with gentle hugs to all. Have a great day.

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary,

How old will you be next year if you do not start your M.A. training? Would you rather be that old with your certification or without it?

You'll be amazed at how rejuvinating it is to go back to school! Your classmates will be amazing people (like you) who have decided to be in charge of their own destiny. Many of them will be closer to your age than you might imagine.

I was 37 when I started my college career--not counting the semester I never finished when I got married at 18. It was the beginning of an exciting new life. Frankly, if I hadn't done that way back then, we would be living on almost nothing now. My DH is the first one to admit how much of a difference my degrees and subsequent teaching have made in our lives.

It will be scary at first, but wonderfully exciting.

APPLY FOR YOUR STUDENT AID NOW. Funds run out early. You don't have to be accepted by a school to begin your aid application process. If you aren't sure how to do it, ask your local librarian. These people are wonderful sources of info and assistance.

I'm so happy for you. It's making me jealous. (And remember, I'm 70!)

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I know the 40 degrees is not anything amazing, but it is 65 degrees warmer than it was at night here a few weeks ago. This time of year we get the most snowfall. We are supposed to get 9-12" tomorrow of heavy wet snow and then wind to follow. It should be quite a storm.

I made it through my second 12hr shift. I don't know how I did those for so many years. I also hope that is it for a while but I am not sure yet. The person I covered for is having medical issues.

That puts me at 40 hrs tomorrow so I can take Friday off and have a 3 day weekend. This will be good to get the bathroom floor done and hopefully the tub installed. I will see what I can get done without overdoing it. I will be busy moving snow as well.

It is never too late to learn something new and better your situation. I have done ok for never going to college or trade school. I wish I had though. My hat is off to anyone who goes and finishes. Good luck Mary, you can do it! Jessi, I hope they give you and answer soon. Your almost there.

Mimi, I hope you don't have to wait for daylight savings time to get more sleep.

To all, thanks again for the birthday wishes. I hope you all had a good day and sleep good tonight. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
463 of 538 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.