Skip to content
Thursday *****2/20/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and I did have better sleep last night but woke up too early still this morning and I am still tired. I think that when people do not get enough sleep, it is really hard to catch up and feel like you have had enough. I took an Advil last night and perhaps this helped me. I had a bad headache which is not a good thing. At least my head does not hurt this morning.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. \

Well, someone woke up this morning in Ca happy. Yep, someone won the lottery. I had a ticket but no numbers on it. It only takes one ticket to win and I don't buy them a lot but when it gets to be a really huge amount I think why not.....someone has to eventually win and I know that I cannot win if I do not have a ticket. Funny thing.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It is a process to figure out just what will make a difference for each of us. Hang in here and keep on keeping on until you find what works for you.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more.
This does the body good.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Happy Thursday!

It'll be a warmer day today, going up to 45 today. I'm glad to be rid of the cold, but everything is melting and creating it's own issues. DH slipped and fell on the patio when he left for work, and my BFF is coming over is arriving in a short while. I don't want her to fall, so I'll go out with some kitty litter in a bit.

I managed to sleep well last night too, MiMi. I've found that sleeping n one day,or taking a nap, makes me feel better. But what works for me might not work for you. I've taken melatonin just before bedtime, but wake feeling groggy.

I'm not in CA, but I hope whomever won is smart about it and sees their financial advisor. I can't imagine having that kind of money!

Gotta get that kitty litter out there. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and to all that follow. I hope today is a fibro issue and pain free day for all of you.

MiMi, I have used ADVIL in the past and it has helped me sleep. So glad that it was able to help you as well. : )
As for the lottery.. we didn't have a single number on our one ticket. I hope the winner spends my 2 dollars well. LOL

It's over cast and storm ugly here. Warm though and that's going be a problem later this evening. They're saying, the weather people, that Nashville is in the bows eye of the approaching line of storms and we may be in for it. UGH.
We have a system here that calls out phones to let us know to take shelter ASAP because of tornados, flooding or lightening. Nice to have but it gives you just minutes to get to a safe place. Hard when your rounding up pets to take them to the shelter. So I'm in for a busy night.

I worked on the new lap top, which is nice, for most of the day getting it online and putting programs in it from the old computer. And am beyond mad that the thumb nail isn't backing up the photos and music like it should. But counting my blessing that I got the sprint programing into this and it's working now. Would have been so much simpler if the thumb nail had worked right.

Anyway didn't get a single thing done yesterday so will have to get them done today. Put off phone calls and errands all in the attempt to get this lap top DH ready when he got home. And it was!

Am picking up my GS tomorrow and want to have my stuff done so I can just kick back and enjoy my time with him. He's going to be with me tomorrow evening and Saturday and DH and I will take him home late Saturday evening.

Guess I should get up and get a move on.
Wish you all a wonderful day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
Morning..

DH and I went down to the beach area this morning to have breakfast at a cute little coffee shop we like down there. It takes about a half hour in good traffic to get there..and today's traffic wasn't good...and then we got there only to find out the place we liked was closed..gone..So, we did go have breakfast at another place we like..right on the beach...it was nice..and great to get to sit outside looking at the beach..and had a nice walk on the pier. So all in all it worked out..just so sorry that one little place is gone..

And no...I didn't win the lottery...rats..I wanted to buy a ticket..but forgot..Yes, Mimi..I am a "fair weather" ticket buyer too..maybe once or twice a year..if that much..but every once in awhile hope springs eternal.....maybe I could win ! Ah,...what nice dreams of things I could do..

Hope you all have a great day.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. We are in the early stages of a heck of a storm. We are supposed to get a foot of heavy wet snow tonight and then strong winds, followed by cold temperatures. We are equipped for such things but I can't remember the last time we had this much snow on the ground. I have a 3' fence and my Bassets can almost walk over it. Soon I will have to trench around the inside to keep them in.

I hit 40hrs a day early due to working 12's Tuesday and Wednesday. I am hoping with the storm they do not call me in. I live closer than most and they know what I drive. I can always make it in. Darn Jeep.

I am feeling the storm tonight for sure. It is very damp and still 28 degrees. Today's 8hrs went by quick though and I did get an hour or so working on the bath before cooking dinner. Tomorrow will be all about digging out once it quits, and then back onto the project. Pacing as best as my brain allows.

Linda R, I forgot, you must be located in Nashville? That is where LP corporate headquarters are. I have worked for them since high school. I don't know if I mentioned that before. I hope the bad weather stays away. Stay safe.

Mimi, I use a lot of Ibuprofen on my bad days. I take 4 at a time or I don't notice a difference. Then if I need more I take only 2 the next dose. I keep it on my tool cart at work and in my locker. The generic works just as well and is a lot cheaper than Advil. I am living what you mentioned of sleep. It seems we need more than the average person yet we get less. I wish this wasn't the case.

The lottery would be a dream to win. I would not ever want to win the Powerball though. That is far too much money for one person. It turns those around you into greedy people and can ruin lives. I think if I did play I would give all but what I need to be comfortable away. We play a local lotto where payout is small and odds are better. I could live with 100-200k, debt free with more investments. that would be nice.

Cece, the beach sounds nice. I think I would just lay in the sand to enjoy it's warmth.

To all, have a good night. Take care and stay safe.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
@ Cory and cece

cece, jealous as all get out. I need a beach, badly. Glad you have been able to relax and enjoy your time off of work. Rudy's in LA today and not sure if he got a chance to even see the ocean as he made his way into the Valley. I so envy you your beach. Rudy and I plan to go back out to LA the week of May 20TH and we have San Diego on our radar. If we make it I hope we can meet up and have a cup of coffee with you and your DH.

Cory, Oh My Goodness, we've got a 6 points of connection going on here! If your're company ever sends you to Nashville let me know and Rudy and I will meet up and have a cup of coffee downtown. Plan on it.

And the storms over my head weren't so bad. Lots of noise and lightening, but not a lot of rain and not a lot of wind. Whew on that one. But like things here in the SE it was just a sample of the kind of weather coming at us over the next few weeks. UGH and sigh

Sorry about your weather. OMG 3 feet of snow? And when it melts that's what? a foot and a half a water, or there about? I really hope you have a slow thaw so it all has a chance to go nicely into creeks and rivers and there's no flooding. This winter has been beyond wacky and the areas it's hit are going thru so much and looking like so much more. I do hope that your area is able to absorb the snow and that you don't have any issues.

I was out yesterday picking up small tree limbs that had come down in the wind and the group under my feet felt like a sponge. I can't even imagine what the ground under your feet will feel like once the cold leaves and the snow starts to melt. I know one thing here the ground just can't take much more water. Thank goodness the weather people are saying we'll have a few days to dry out.

Okay my best to both of you.. Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Coffee sound great! If I ever go there for any reason it would be nice to meet you. I will remember that.

Where I live flooding effects very few people. Even at our worst my house and property are out of harm's way. I am greatful for that.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.