Skip to content
Saturday ****2/22/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....MiMi in NC where it is going to be a very nice day. I am so ready for this kind of weather. We have an early Basketball game to watch this morning....the last one for my GD this season. They ended up missing last week due to the weather. I am also dog sitting for a while. Harley is a good dog though and no trouble for me. She minds well and she is quite spoiled too.

OMG....lots of 2's in today's date. Can you believe Feb is almost gone? It has been a long bitter cold winter and I am so ready for some nicer weather. I think the majority of people are looking forward to spring time.

So it seems that people are happier in N Dakota. Can you believe it? Funny that Hawaii did not make the grade this time. Don't quite understand just how this *survey* was taken. I don't think it covered a large number of people. Maybe that is why. I know they did not poll me.

So here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

Cory you are a good neighbor. Taking your day off to help other people. I am sure these people are thankful they have you as a neighbor. I hope you will be able to get some rest though. I do not know how you do what you do though. On the go a lot and most of the time.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Just being in a group of people who understand and know exactly what you are dealing with helps. You can also find some good *tools* here under *tips* and *resources*....be sure also to read the *member toolbox*....as I am sure you can find some good things to try as well.

Interesting thing I have found that has helped me recently. I use a heating pad often. I have also been watching the Olympics and I have found that when I put my heating pad close to my neck area that this relieves the rest of my body. I know that when I had neck surgery the surgeon told me that we have nerves which cross over there that can affect a lot of the body. I actually did this by accident and could not believe just how much this helped my entire body. (Oh, by the way, I do not have neck pain)

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level.....which is important to a lot of people these days.
Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more today. Enjoy the sunshine if you have some. I plan to do this myself.

That's all for now.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
A good Saturday to you and all that post today.

The SUN is shining here today and it is to be 50's. I have been out twice to get the SNOW and ICE off the little deck next to the house. Crap it is a chop..scoop action in two parts due to it being higher than a foot!

My wind chimes are tinkeling under the extension and it sounds so nice. FRESH air, nice nature sounds of birds and chimes....good stuff.

I am emotionally beat from work this week it seems to get harder and harder....to try to be pleasant, understanding and still get the staff to do the right thing. Most of the issues is not the work it is the documentation. I am at a loss.

I really pulls me down .

I got my shots on Wednesday this week and it was a large session, so large I think it was too much. I needed a massage by friday. My neck was a mess.
You know the feeling when you blow up a balloon and it won't blow, you get that twinge pain by the ears......well that is the pain I was geting off the neck muscles. OUCH.

Tried heat and meds but no good, so to the massage girl. 40 minutes and last night was pretty good.......God bless the toolbox!**

Well, this weekend is filled with things I need to do for spring. I am starting i thought in my bedroom (under the bed) but I ended up under the sink.....not sure what started it and it is FUNNY....I had Arm and Hammer washing soda under there...it is used for cleaning jewelry on those metal plates.....
well the box got wet and " IT SWELLED UP and popped the box and looked like cancer growing on things!

Geez...you have to your eyes everywhere! So on the knees under the sink this a.m. I say that is it, plus the deck. DONE.
I checked for leaking from pipes...nope....so I don't know what started it....funny to look at though. alive .

Well, Belated Happy Birthday to Cory...I noticed that post. Hoping you are being good and not too adventurous.
Mimi enjoy those grands, I haven't seen mine in a bit now. Maybe 3 weeks...I see them on facebook or facetime, but not in lively fashion. Maybe tomorrow.

OK..hugs to all, a good day to get out in the sun. Well, here in NY. Nancy B

fibroinsd responded:
Morning..

DH and I are sitting here watching the USA play Finland in hockey...oh, so sad....

Hard to believe my week of no work is over. I have enjoyed not having an alarm to get up to, and getting out to do a couple of fun things...but now must get things cleaned up and get ready for the next week. I also must start looking for a better job..

not much to say here...hope you all have a good weekend..
cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
I am taking a break right now so I thought I would stop in. I know I pushed way to hard yesterday, but it felt good to help others and to be outside. Most days it it's hard just to do what I have to. Yesterday I just never let up. If I sat still for a while that would have been it. One neighbor I helped brought pie form a locally famous pie restaurant. I know he appreciated it.

I slept ok, but not nearly long enough, so I am pacing things better today. I relaxed in the am then worked on finishing the floor replacement in the bath. I finally have it done and level! Not a simple task in this old house. Next on the list is figuring the layout for the tub enclosure. I have to build a wall for on end, the other is in a corner. I hope to have the tub in place tomorrow.

Thank you Nancy, I took it easy and was pretty mellow on my B-day. I had a long shift and rested in the eve. I am a pretty mellow fellow.

To all, enjoy the day. Take care everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
It seems as if a lot of us saw some sun today. What a wonderful coincidence! Let's hope that means we will actually see some spring soon.

I know I said I think the rheumy is wrong about my neck/shoulders/arms/wrists/hands being on the road to major arthritic changes. I know I thought he was only seeing the same things that have been there since 1972. Now I'm not so sure.

We've had a pretty decent week--for this winter--but I've spent most of it in bed with entirely too much of my body hurting entirely too much of the time. I've taken all the extra showers until I look like a prune. I've used all the heating pads in the house. I've played with my bowl of raw rice (heated in the microwave 40 seconds and then "swish and squish" with the hands) for 15 minutes at a time. And I've stayed in bed entirely too much of the time.

I'll see the rheumy again on Thursday and have another round of trigger points on Friday. Hopefully, something will straighten things out.

About those things under the sink. . . . We had trouble with the pipes that took our grey water (kitchen and laundry water) away from the house. Those pipes froze where they were going under the driveway. When the washing machine emptied, the water got pushed backwards and flooded the kitchen, but it came out under the sink. If you have a similar setup, you may have to wait until the dishwasher or washing machine is emptying to catch the water leaking (actually spouting) back under the sink. At first, our pipes could handle a little water going down the kitchen sink, and only flooded when there was a lot of water at once from the washer or dishwasher. After a few more frozen days, every drop of water came back up. It took THAT happening for us to figure out the problem.

I truly hope that the rest of you had a fibro-free Saturday and will get to enjoy every minute of your Sunday, and every minute of your Monday, and every minute of your. . . . . You get the picture.

Towards better days,

Bette

booch007 replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Morning Bette,

If the sink is ME....no I have a regular pipe set up. I did run the water and feel everything and no water so I told my DH last night.....

Maybe when Theresa comes to clean the house she still has some water in the (patient basin) bucket she uses and it is tipped on its side....every two weeks she comes in and adds a few more drops and it all walked over to this box and it was amazing to see.

The curdleling borax grabbed hold of things and walked under and through the pull out system I put in there. Cripes, it was something.

That's the only thing I could think of for now. It did a number on me being under the sink. OUCH. That and the snow...my lower back is upset. . But I will walk it off today I hope.

Be careful Bette to lay in bed. Even if you are in a recliner but up....none of what we have gets better with laying. How about a massage like I do in the end, when I have walked through the toolbox and no relief. Fridays was uncomfortable but she did make a big difference in the end. Got somebody to help with that ? Good luck and thatnks on the pipe idea.

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
197 of 214 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.