Skip to content
Sunday, 2/23/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where we have had *nice weather* now for a few days....I am so ready for spring time with good weather. A couple of days ago I actually heard and saw some birds. I think they are confused about the weather this year. They probably wondered what is going on with it as well.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain.

DH and I had a nice day yesterday. We started off early with watching our GD play basketball - her last game and they won. They actually had a very good team this year. They won all but one game.

After the game my DH took me to get a *pork chop sandwich*....so good....this was at Snappy's Lunch - for those of you who watched Andy well....this is the place Andy often spoke about. I am sure the sandwiches are not good for me but I sure did enjoy it. I then stopped off and did some shopping. I was looking to see if I could find a pair of *snow boots* at a good deal for next year. They are so expensive and sometimes the GC do NOT even use them so I had hoped I could find some on sale. Well, I guess due to the winter we had recently they all got sold. But I did find little gloves and hats for next year. Stocked up on those. I was out looking this year for some little gloves and had problems finding them. I am now prepared for next winter.

I enjoyed getting out in the sunshine. It was nice weather.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will find something that will help you cope better. It does take time and effort to find the *right combination of tools* that will work for you. It is good when you know that there are people here who understand what you are going through. We have been there, done that. It is indeed a hard road to travel but things will indeed get better, with time and effort. We are all different and what helps one may or may not help you. Only you will know when you have found what works for you.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked.....low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Remember to pace, pace and pace even more and drink lots of water. Water is good for the body and helps those of us who have to deal with the wrath of the dragon. Try it.....you just might be surprised at the difference you will feel.

Have a great Sunday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
you are so smart to try and get things for next season Mimi..but I am sure they have gone through a lot of snow related items this year.

Another nice day here today..but they are calling for rain on Wed. , Thurs., and Friday. This is good news here..we need the rain..and maybe we are getting into a more normal pattern..hope so..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

bette_kaffitz responded:
Mimi,

Boy, did you luck out! Last week when I went to see the rheumy, I checked out Pennys, Kohls, and Walmart looking for marked down winter accessories. All the good quality stuff was gone--replaced by spring styles.

You're not the only one pigging out on pork. DH went freezer-diving yesterday and got me out some fresh pork to have for dinner tonight. He found FOUR small shoulder roasts. They were good, but we didn't even finish 2 of them. He peeled the potatoes, which was a mixed blessing since he filled a stock pot with them. Our leftover mashed potatoes filled one of those plastic tubs that hold 5 quarts of ice cream. Guess what we'll be eating most nights this week?

With all the freeze/thaw activity we've been having, our front yard is a skating rink. DH has fallen several times (he's been hiding some of the worst falls from me) just feeding his two outside dogs. This year their doghouses are so snug that they don't even bother to come out unless there are some MilkBones along with the kibble. Instead of using straw for their bedding, our son brought home those little squares from the paper shredders at the college. I had no idea what a great insulator paper is!
Of course, Yukon, our tan lab, is even warmer snuggled next to DH in bed watching all the wildlife shows on TV.

Hope we all have a good, dragon-free week ahead of us.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. The relentless winter we have had persists. It is going to get very cold here again. It is supposed to be -17 by Thursday night. Ish, that is all I have to say about that.

I worked on the bathroom disaster all day today. I was making good progress until I found a few issues at the end. It was built solid but by a one eyed, half blind man with balance issues and no level or string. Ugh! I can fix it, just more delays.

I am very tired and very sore, but mentally doing well tonight. I am trying to look on the bright side with a new week in store.

I was actually prepared for the cold this year. I am usually scrambling late but I had a feeling this time. Those late season deals are just not there due to the severity of this particular season. I wish I had that foresight all the time.

I better move along and try to sleep. I hope you all have a good night. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
370 of 397 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.