Skip to content
Happy Hump Day ******2/26/2014 ******
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it has turned *cold* again. For the next few days we are going to have colder than normal weather. I am so ready for spring time with warmer weather. Well, at least hopefully it is going to be dry weather. No snow or ice I hope. I know spring is getting closer. I am sure I will soon think it is too hot. It is always something.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

So much going on around the corner. There is something going on with children in Ca. It seems like it is a new polio like illness affecting children. The doctors have no idea what exactly is causing this. And then there was a little boy who died from a rat.....it seems like it got some sort of infection from it. So many weird and strange things going on.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process so hang in here and learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them.

You can find all kinds of good *tools* under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and review the *member toolbox* too.

We invite everyone to ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions.....and know that we understand exactly what you are going through each and every day. We have been there done that too.

And if you have found something that has helped you cope better....please share this with us as well. Everyone is open to new suggestions.

That's it. Have a great day. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. Your body will thank you.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good middle of the week, last Wed of February, everyone. I am so ready for March and the better weather it most times brings.

It's cold here, NO snow even though the news predicted some, so that's a good thing. They really did expect it and salted the main roads. But the ground is dry, the sun is out so yay for that.

MiMi, I am beyond ready for March and April. I can't wait for the time to go up one hour and to see flowers come back, and lawns and leaves. I miss color so bring on March and everything it brings with it.

I read about the medical problems in Cali. Not sure how their gonna treat it or stop it. Wonder where it has come from and what triggered it.

I think over all I'm mentally getting up because I know spring is just weeks away and then the world comes alive again and I will to, I so hate winter. I got so down and depressed no matter how much I try to stay positive and up it still gets me. I am from California ( Cali ) and I am never going to get used to grey cold winters. Never ever. And if I can spend more time in Los Angels next January and February it will be what helps me stay positive and up for next winter. I need all the help I can get.. sunny Cali would do that for me. Going to Cali for any reason brings me up. In fact DH is making air reservations back to Cali tonight for next May. My grand niece is graduating from Norte Dame High School and we will be there to see her.

But oddly enough as I'm saying that it's Cali that makes me feel better, the fact is that I am feeling physically much better this week, fibro and IBS symptoms wise. The new IBS med seems to be doing it's job, the doctor said by 2 weeks I would be IBS symptom free, and the neck traction to. I think perhaps I have been able to get my ducks in a row treatment wise and am seeing the results in feeling well. I see the ne PCP next week and will get my Vit. D3 level checked as well as the B's. I do hope he is a nice doctor. I have made changes with PCP's 3 times over 5 years... I'd like to finally get one who I believe listens to me and does what is best for my good health.

My uncle passed away. I knew it would be before the end of the month. He was so frail and not eating. He enjoyed his last days sitting out on the lanai of the rented house there in Hawaii watching the sun set. He will be missed as he was an amazing man who did so many great things. Pretty terrific person, even more, he was a wonderful uncle.

Okay, I do need to get my day going here so should close this post with best wishes for all for a wonderful day.. one that I hope is fibro issue and pain free.
Gentle hugs to all,
Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Sorry I have missed a few days but I have not had much free time. I am pacing this remodel as well as I can. I am not a carpenter so I work slower, taking time to do things to the best of my ability. It has been a battle, but I am winning. The DW has expectations that are higher than I can accomplish. This had brought a bit of stress and I feel like she is disappointed when she sees the daily progress. I get home at 2:30 but I have to get the house in order, get the boys going on homework, make dinner, and work on the bathroom. I think I get an honest 2 hours of work a day during the week.

I am physically doing ok considering. I am sore and tired but holding together. I will be off to bed shortly. I have not slept well lately though and I hope that changes soon.

It is very cold here tonight, wind chills in the -40's. It will be -17 tonight with high winds. They are saying the teens below zero for the next 5 days. This is not like any end of February I remember.

Linda R, sorry about your uncle passing. His last days sound very peaceful.

Stay warm and safe everyone. If I am not on for a few days again, not to worry. Take care everyone.

Cory

katmandulou replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Linda - so sorry about your uncle. I sounds like he was peaceful in the end. May your happy memories get you through.
Lou

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
374 of 401 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.