Skip to content
Thursday ******2/27/2014 ******
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is cooler again this morning....21* but will get up to 50* (windy though). I am so ready for spring time weather. I know it is less than 30 days away, I think they said 21 days....which would be 3 weeks. We are going to have cold weather though for a couple of days now. Maybe this will be the last cold spell. I can hear the birds outside now. I am sure they are ready for better weather too.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all.....with little to no pain.

Linda so sorry about your uncle passing. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family. I know how this can affect people's lives.

Cory you are a good man.....working a fulltime job and then helping out with your boys and still working on another home project too, a major one at that. I hope you will indeed continue to allow your body to rest though, as I know how hard it is when you are not getting enough sleep at night. This is not good for the body at all. It will soon catch up to up. It is good though that you are pacing yourself.....but your body still needs to repair and it does this only when we sleep. I hope things get better for you. I am sure you are also ready for better weather.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will soon find some good *tools* that will help you cope better. We do understand what you are facing each and every day. We have been there done that....with time though it does get better. We still have some days which are better than other days. Our lives will never be te same before we met the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Hang in here with us and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them. For me it is vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. A heating pad is a wonderful tool to use daily. Taking a hot shower at night using lavender bath salts might help your body to relax so you can sleep better. Sleep is so very important to us all. Lack of sleep is a bad thing for us. And I have found out that a person never catches up on lost sleep. Once we get behind it is tough.

Eating right and drinking plenty of water is a good thing as well. Doing gentle stretches and/or gentle exercises is good for the body as well.....remember gentle is the word here.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a must for a lot of us. We have to figure out how not to cross the line.

Check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox*.

We also hope any new members will share what they have found that has improved the way they feel.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day. I hope you have some sunshine to enjoy.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Thursday MiMi and to all that follow,
Yay, last Thursday of February. Happy that! I hope it's warm where you are. I hope you have sunshine and warm temps. Here, not at all.

The sun is out but it's 15 degrees. May get up to 30 but no snow or ice so am happy for that. We get a bit of a break this weekend, 55 and 56, but cold after that. I had hoped that as the first week of March comes in so would spring like temps and weather. NOPE. Not happening. I am really begin to hate winter!

MiMi and Cory, thank you for your condolences. It's hard to have someone who has been with you your whole life leave.. He was like a big brother to me growing up and even though the years and miles kept us apart. He always came to see me when he could and I he. Talked to him last August and it was hard knowing he would forget the whole conversation when he hung up the phone. He had dementia for the last 6 years of his life, but he never forgot me. Happy that and I will never forget him.

DH brought home more flowers yesterday for the back porch when the weather is warm enough for them to be out of doors.( He brought home pansies last week that he put in the flower boxes in the windows ) And I'm just dying to put them out so I can see them from the kitchen window. I have them sitting on the kitchen window sill and they look so nice. He brought 6 wonderful plants from Los Angels that I'd never find here so that's a treat. He is so thoughtful and he knows I am a flower person. My grandmother had a lovely garden ( In the English tradition ) with all kinds of lovely and sweet smelling roses and flowers and I guess I just take after her. Happy that.

DH is home today and we have a few things to do out side of the house, but mostly things to do out of doors in the back yard. DH wants to put in " cobble stone " walk ways and he has to dig the path way to set the forms up to do that. ( you can buy the forms at LOWES of Home Depot.) That will eat away at our day. DD and SIL have done that in their back yard to extended their back porch, so DH wants to make new walk ways in our back yard by using the ' cobble stone ' ones. One can tell it's spring at our house by the yard upgrades going on.

Got my neck appointment out of the way. Gotta say it does feel better afterwards. The SFN really has a hold on my shoulders and neck and the traction seems to help. I sure wish there was a ' silver bullet ' to make that area less painful and a trigger point for painful neck and head issues.

Not a whole lot to post about. The IBS medication seems to be working. Each day, so far day 5, I see a difference for the better. And I'm eating trigger foods to see what happens and I'm not hurting, so happy that. I have my fingers crossed that this stuff works well in the long run for me. @ 84 dollars a month it better. ( I was beyond surprised to see it wasn't/ isn't covered by Medicare part D ) And also I hate taking medications, just hate it, but if this stuff keeps me out of the ER I'll take it.

Okay, wishing each of you a wonderful fibro issue and pain free day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Hi MiMi, Linda and those who come later!

Wicked cold (as we say in New England) here today. It's 22? now, and with the wind chill it's 12?! They're predicting snow flurries this afternoon, and a storm Monday. I can't believe the dog wanted to go out this morning. She's always loved the cold, but she's old and getting frail. At least she didn't do any "business" in the house!

I'm happy other people are pacing themselves, too. I choose one spot in the office every day to clean off, and today it's the desktop in the back. Right now it's a pile of books, boxes and whatnot. By the end of the day I hope to see wood back there and find my wedding album!

I spend my mornings looking for work, and I've applied for a couple of freelance gigs through a temp agency. I haven't heard anything but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Not working is killing me, I've been spoiled by the volume of projects I'd been working on. It really hurt to find they were giving my project to a newcomer. I figure she's getting paid less than I was.

Off to see what's ion the job boards. Have the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
194 of 211 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.