Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TGIF*****2/28/2014 *****Roll Call....end of February*****
dollbug posted:
TGIF*****a good morning FMily. February draws to the end today.
This means that spring is another day closer. I am so ready for warmer weather. I think the entire country is ready for a weather change.

MiMi in NC and it has been cooler here for the past few days. I guess when we do have nice weather, it kind of spoils me. I am ready to see more sunshine and warmer temps. I noticed that some places are having more snow. Thank goodness NC missed this.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. Yesterday was NOT a good day for me. But I managed to get through it. Lack of sleep is not a good thing to deal with especially when one has had several days of it. I have tried all of my tools and found nothing that has worked. I can only hope with time it will indeed get better.

I so enjoy spending time with my GS. He is such a joy to be around and he is a good baby too. He smiles and tries to talk to me. He also thinks he can sit up by himself and stand up as well. I think he is going to be a smart little one. I read a book to him when I keep him. I heard that babies do learn a lot from people reading to them at a very early age. We also play pat a cake and he likes this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. There are no magic pills that I am aware of. The closest thing I have found that I would even consider being *magic* is the Vitamin D. I do encourage anyone who has not gotten their level checked to be sure and speak to your doctor about this. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well. Low Vitamin D might take months to get it back to within the *normal range*....and keep it there. I know the doctor told me that I would have to take it the rest of my life.

New members should learn all that they can about dealing with the wrath of the dragon. Having a good doctor is really important and learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good start to getting your pain under control. Everything is a process which does take time and effort. We are all different and what works for one may or may not work for someone else. Only you will know when you have found the right combination of tools that has helped you.

Enjoy your Friday. Stay safe and stay warm if you can. Remember spring is getting closer.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz responded:
Yeah! The end of February, the longest month of the year!

It was bitter cold here this morning, -15 when I left for the pain clinic. Must have been a busy day at the hospital, because there were no handicapped spaces left. On the other hand, I only had 15 trigger point injections.

DH says I should tell you all what to do for knee, hip, or general leg pain. He wears long johns. This winter, since it has been so very cold, he has worn 2 pairs under his pants all winter. (No wonder the pants I got him for Christmas don't fit!) He says that the long johns help a lot.

Bette

fibroinsd responded:
Happy Friday..

Well, it is one rainy blustery day here in California. I guess L.A. really got hit ..and there are mudslides in some of the burn areas..so I do hope all those people are ok. For here..no problem..just a lot of wind and rain. However, the caregiver that I have for my parents for the evening..doesn't want to go out in the rain...for pete's sake...it isn't that bad...She says she is afraid to drive in the rain...so now I am sitting here waiting for a call back from the day caregiver to see how mom and dad are doing..and if I need to come over there and fix dinner for them....If dad is doing ok..she might leave something for them to eat..but I guess he isn't doing that well today...ugh..

I might have picked up another small job..another 3 hour job at a different school..that would be good..

not much else..just saying hi.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It is very cold here, I really shouldn't bother with numbers anymore. We are to see 20's by Thursday, I hope they stick and this is the last batch. I am dreaming of the rocks of Utah I will be visiting by April 6th! I leave here on the 4th for a trip with my Jeep club. I have 2 co-drivers to help.

Bette, by 30 I had to wear long underwear below 20 degrees if I was outside. My knees would burn very badly. later years my hips followed. This has helped me a lot and I recommend it as well.

Mimi, I have slept better the last couple days. I am beat down and finally about at my limit, but TGIF! I had a dentist appt. today. This is not a break for most folks but it was for me. After work I had to go to the next town for that so no time to work on the remodel.

Tomorrow I will go after the plumbing and hope to get the tub working. The shower will have to wait until the doors are on.

I have been stressed and down lately, the DW, although very dear, still does not get what I go through each day. More understanding has been achieved from a few years ago but nobody knows what we truly feel like each day...

I hope you all have a good night, take care everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hello Cory.....you are so right.....NO ONE knows....but those of us who face the wrath of the dragon each and every day and night exactly what we do. Some might say they understand but honestly they don't. Actually most of them have no idea.

I sure hope you get some good rest this week-end. I hope things go well with your bath project....just think it will soon be done and then there will be something else to start. It is a never ending story.

I have been there done that. I know that IF you have children and grandchildren, cars or a house....there is always *something* to do......it is a never ending story.

I hope spring is just lurking now....waiting a bit longer.....and soon we will be complaining about it being too hot. Well, it will definitely be a change.

Take care and good luck.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
464 of 539 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.