Skip to content
pain
An_255749 posted:
I have had this for 14 years now been hospitalized twice, in between doctors right now mine retired. I am using a cane to keep upright, I do go shopping and I walk in my yard, walk mostly around the house, I do relaxation exercises bathe in hot water my husband is the greatest person I know, he puts up with my tantrums and crying, frustration and anything else. I am 52 and broke financially. had to quit work, church is almost impossible, cant sit to long cant stand to long cleaning house is rough, life is hard, with this disease, but I am not a quitter so any suggestions on pain will help as long as it don't in water exercises, stretching,listening to music, or most importantly bible reading all these I do

ajnsmom responded:
Hi An,

A memory foam topper helps me sleep better, so more good sleep means less pain. I also take Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, and Cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant, for pain. I just turned 49, and between fibro and diabetic neuropathy and diabetic retinopathy, I had to stop working. So now I'm waiting for an SSDI hearing to be scheduled. I understand some of what you're going through, and I pray that you will find something that works to lessen your pain.

Linda S. (Jacksonville, FL)

missist replied to ajnsmom's response:
Hi.. missed this thread somehow.. what areas are in most pain? Most of what I do/use are specific to what hurts, might have something helpful up my sleeve.
Mary

mariajohnson responded:
People with fibromyalgia will always have some pain. You can take some supplements, Vitamin D, you can also go for acupuncture or massage treatments.

meg_k replied to mariajohnson's response:
An, I agree with Maria that we will always have some pain. It varies a lot. Here are some other ideas for relief:
* Heating pad;
* Gentle massage;
* VITAMIN D -- have your levels tested and get up to the 50-60 range!! This will help. I am not a doctor!
* Meditation;
* Medication -- ones that have helped me: Cymbalta (now off patent so cheaper), neurontin (generic also). Others on this site have suggested elavil. I have not tried that. I also do break down and take Aleve or Ibuprofen. It only takes the edge off, but it helps.

An, the other advice I have received many times, and scoffed at many times because I was not in the place to hear it, is focus on what you DO have and what you CAN do. It's hard, but it makes a difference!!!

Blessings!
Meg K

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
375 of 402 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.