Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday****** 3/2/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC. It turned out to be a nice Saturday afterall. It is supposed to be even nicer today and then the cold temps return. All next week, plus rain. Spring is just a few weeks away though so surely to goodness better weather is right around the corner. We survived the bitter cold and windy winter I am sure the weather will soon be so much better.

I actually got a good night's rest but woke up too darn early again this morning. Don't know exactly why but it seems to be the normal for me lately. Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will indeed be a good day for us all with little to no pain.

It is really extra quiet this early morning.....I am not sure I like it this way. I normally have some sort of noise going on most of the time. I am having a small group today for lunch and it is going to be an easy lunch at that. A small steak, baked potato and salad. Can not get any easier than this I do not think. DH cooks the steak so all I will need to do is to get the table set and put in the potatoes. Every Sunday we normally have everyone here except my GD. My son is out of town and my younger son is working. So it will only be a few of us.

I bought *Gravity* last night. We watched it and ok I guess I will need to take the time some day and watch it again. It was not what I expected it to be. Interesting just how much a movie can make though. I do like watching SB act. Well, I am glad that I have the movie and I can watch it anytime....so I guess it was indeed a bargain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that soon each of you will indeed find something that will help you cope better. Learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon, aka FM and what others have found that has helped them cope better. Just remember that everything is a process for us and we have to figure out what works for each of us. There are no quick fixes or magic pills that I am aware of. No cures, regardless what might be advertised. And it does take time and effort to figure this out.

Vitamin D. Speak to your doctor about getting this checked. It sure has made a difference for me. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good Sunday. Remember to pace, pace and pace even more. It does the body good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and all.. I've been gone as my pc has had issues and finally did nothing. Hubby is home this weekend so he figured it out and was able to get it running but had to re-install windows and now will re-install my email after I get all my office stuff put back and try to add my back up stuff. First thing I did was pick up a virus which took me a while to get rid of.

Had kids here overnight Friday and hubby fixed daughter's car Saturday. This morning he hauled a treadmill up to the sunroom for me to use. Seems he and my mil think I am overmedicated. I don't know--but I did used to handle fibro and all that without meds.. I try to think back to what caused me to start taking celebrex and gabapentin--and I believe it was that I was having too many problems-- my neck especially which if you have neck arthritis you know how it can effect everything. So I think that led to the rest all going bad.

Anyhow I do not think I feel confidant about exercise curing anything but perhaps a little bit more moving around will improve things a bit. I also hope to garden more this year. Its hard with the heat and humility here but we shall see..

I know that the way things are I feel as if I am waiting to just get worse and die. not good. I'm in my 50s still so I think I want to be more active than that.

Wish me luck-- I think most of us know that exercise can easily back fire.

So I am sitting here watching a little carolina wren go after some suet and really enjoying bird feeder mounted near my window. It does make a mess on my deck though--so I just leaf blow it a couple times a week.

God bless all!
Mary

booch007 responded:
Morning Mimi,

OMG I rented Gravity last night also! That is amazing!!

I was disappointed, though her performance was really good. The premise of the story was so unrealistic. I was on the edge of the seat though through alot of it.

The special effects were good and they can do anything with nothing these days. It makes fun of our old Godzilla from our time....Or MOTHRA if you ever saw that one! It was all our imagination to make it real....now it is real and you are telling your imagination it is special effects and not real!!

I had a rush day yesterday. Snow is coming back and I am looking at ticket prices to be in Florida....my sis is ready to grab me. I just have to release myself from the work I do. CRAP it is such responsibility. I can't leave in the start of a start up. No one is telling me of the Urology dept's start in Columbia's system. I have started the work but there are thousand of patients to put in..............I take 25 at a time.

OK: Chg gears....I am getting ready for St Pat's and the Easter hunt. Got quite a bit at Wallmart yesterday. I went for a skene(?) of yarn and left with a big bill...but the hunt is almost done.

I got piggy banks for the eggs( money inside them) then we can sit and put the money in the pigs. I wanted those furry bunny banks made of plastic but they are no where to be found. Killing me. You know when you have a memory and want to keep it.....why would they stop making them? CRAP.

So I did too much yesterday, Wallmart, Dress barn and then the killer Barnes and Noble for DH's Birthday gifts. I went in for a gift card and came out with 4 books. I cannot carry books in my arms...it kils my neck... I knew it as I was walking, I grabbed a *for sale bag and let it hang for carrying but CRAP it was getting me. I medicated after that. THEN I went into A&P and bought fresh veggies and other things with the snow coming. Stores were really empty. Shocked.

I got home and called for the nails to get Valentines off them and they said come now...dropped all and went there...
Then home and I was beat but I baked cookies for the grands " Nana Cookies" (6 eggs) and that was for today as it is DH's birthday 64*....we are going to dinner. Then I cooked dinner and I was couched.

Today I am beat but I have the laundry to do and lamb to cook for Monday....as well as the bed need stripping. I know P A C E. Trying. With only 2 days to get it all done it is tough.

So I am aching and in hopes the shower and meds with the joy of his birthday being a good distraction to get me UP and OUT.

No sun here as Snow is on it's way. I am NOT in the BIG snow area. 4" I think, but all were saying 12-14" on Friday and were killing me......I am so done with winter. This is all good for the resevoirs of NY, but it is doing in the public. And now it is DIRTY SNOW...grey trees, blacked sides to the streets and no color to be found. I purposely walked in the flower section in wall mart for a veiw and went to the garden dept to smell the smells of spring!!

I am desperate. OK that is my weekend. I have many challenges this week, too many to share, just hoping I figure them all out so they don't hurt my body. Being on the other side of the office is an eye opener, as time flies past you in a blink.
Being attentive is imperative for me though, so I am in high wired state. Using alot of energy and then sleeping like a log at home!!

A good day to all and remember to use your toolbox to get out of trouble. May take a few circles around in there...but with luck you end up in a better place.

Hugs to all, Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. I can't get over how cold it has been once again. I woke to -21 today. Had I gotten up a little earlier I bet it was lower. This is not March is it? I know this will head east and affect others soon but hopefully this is the last batch and we can all look forward to spring warming things up.

I woke bright and early and laid in bed for a while hoping to drift off again. No such luck, but I did get a little better sleep than recently. I took a bath here last night. I don't remember the last time I did that. All we had was the shower. We took out the old tub 2 years ago and it was far too small to enjoy anyhow. This one we picked out is a deep soaking tub. I was giddy to have it fully functional now. It took some work to get a drain kit that would fit. I had to get one for a whirlpool tub and then cut the tubes down and shorten the linkage for the plunger. It is a good thing I am a mechanic with tools.

There is still a ton to do but some pressure is off now and today I will rest. I need to. I will just be cleaning up the tools some more to regain some sanity to the little house. I will fit the door next so I can build the wall between the kitchen and bath and restore privacy the space. I should have that done in a week or two.

Mimi, I like having backround noise all the time. Not anything loud, but a radio on low or a tv even if I am not really watching it. I like silence for sleep but that is about it. Enjoy your lunch.

Mary, I do wish you luck, Take it easy exercising.

Nancy B, take it easy today and be careful with the snow.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Take care everyone.

Cory

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hello and good morning.

I can't believe I'm actually here in the morning. Usually, it's right around midnight when I can't begin to sleep. I looked out the window and--you guessed it--SNOW. I am seriously rethinking the idea of white walls. There is such a thing as TOO MUCH WHITE.

I started up some Swiss steak in the crockpot. It's a lot easier when you get your peppers and onions already chopped and frozen in a bag. One bag lasts me forever zip-locked into another bag. I layer in some tougher pieces of meat, some of the peppers and onions, and a handfull from a big can of diced tomatoes. I don't know what is better, the aroma or the tender meat. I like it on egg noodles. DH prefers mashed potatoes. Either way, about an hour before supper I'll dip out the meat, turn the crockpot on high, and thicken the gravy with a little corn starch dissolved in cold water. Once the gravy boils and thickens, I put the meat back in for the last hour on low. Don't know why this makes it better, but it does. (My favorite vegetables with this are baby carrots or beets. They look good and taste good.

Now what will I do with my day until time to make gravy? I think I'll go back to Dr. Starlanyl's most recent book. It deserves re-reading and re-re-reading.

Stay warm and dry. That is one sure way to cut down the number of flares you have in a year. So is taking good care of your general health. Eat quality protein and plenty of fruits and vegetables. Drink fresh, pure water. Get as close to your body's needed amount of sleep (fibro permitting). And be sure to laugh every day!

Towards better days,

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.