Skip to content
Monday Monday *******3/3/2014 *******Wet weather again
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....woke up this morning the 2nd time and it is raining a lot. Schools are closing early today. There is supposed to be ice and possible snow flurries. It is going to be cold the rest of the week. Well, I do hope this is the last of the winter weather...but who knows what might take place. At least I know spring is getting closer.

MiMi in NC. I hope each of you had a peaceful and restful night and I hope today will be a good day for us all, with little to no pain. (if you are having weather like NC though today just might NOT be a good day for some of us) Wet weather seems to bring more pain for me and wet and cold is the worse.

I had a quiet week-end as my younger son was working and my older son was out of town. So we did not have a busy Sunday lunch. Just my daughter and grandson. We had a good lunch though and quiet is good.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to figure out what will work so hang in there and try different things until you find the right combination of tools.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked which just might make a BIG difference in the way you feel....I know it sure did help me when I finally got my level back to within the normal range. This takes time and effort though as well. I know it took me over a year before I could *feel* a difference. Low Vitamin D can also affect other illnesses as well.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Another Monday"026

We dodged a HUGE snowstorm up in the northeast. It tracked south, so people from NJ to VA are getting snow. I wonder if MiMi's in that area? There was a little snow along the MA and RI coasts, but there's nothing but freezing cold here.

The cold is making me achy - anyone else get cold pain? I love to walk, but not in the cold. Who wants to put on layers to take a walk? I'll have to go to the mall or Walmart later! My hobby is knitting, and you have to sit for that. LOL

DH's sweater is almost done, I have to work the neck and sew it together. UGH! I hate the sewing part, but it's SOO close to done, and he keeps asking "can I wear it tomorrow?" Another LOL He told me for years that he didn't want a sweater, so he has a dozen pairs of hand-knit socks and a hat/scarf/mitten combo. I think he's finding winter chilly, since he lost that 85lbs!

Still no work for me, very little with the agencies. Maybe I'll take orders and knit for a living? ROFL!

Time to troll the web for work. I wish you all the best day you can possibly have!
Lou

missist replied to katmandulou's response:
Hi all..
chilly down here in Sc too. Hubby put treadmill In sunroom so plan to be using it in short increments. Sleepless night for me, followed by ache all over. weather, ugg.
Mary

bette_kaffitz responded:
Hi to all,

Here in W NY we have dodged everything but the cold. At noon the temp was 8 and the wind chill was -8. At NOON! Brrr and Brrr again.

I hope none of you have to deal with ice today. Did you see the Texas interstate on your midday news? There was a 34 mile backup. Those poor people. I hope they all started with full tanks and can run their heaters.

I woke up 3 X during the night with hand pain. Dummy that I am, I didn't think to use my Voltaren Gel until the last time. But, hey, I slept through from 3 a.m. on with the gel. There's a little residual pain mostly in the fingers, but it is much better. Must be time for more gel.

Lou, I hope you find all the work you can manage--and that it pays very, very well.

Mary, lucky you. My treadmill is buried under all the boxes and cans of foods that hubby bought on sale but don't fit in the kitchen. I think there's an old (pre-digital) TV on there too.

Wonder whether Lou could rig up a treadmill and safely knit while walking? I've seen how some businesses have set up treadmill stations where their employees can work at their computers while walking. I don't think I'm coordinated enough to do that since I "can' walk and chew gum". But wouldn't that be a godsend to all those who are tied to their desks all day and cannot find time to exercise.

This is the month when I'll have all the preliminaries and the radio frequency ablation for my left L-2 to L-5 and SI joints. It would be nice for it to work while the right one still helps. It will be 3 months between the two. That's too long--especially for something that works for an indeterminate length of time from 2 months to several years. I'm getting antsy. I want this DONE.

Please, everyone, be kind to yourself today. Our bodies know that they have survived a rough winter. They are hurting from the cold and from a lack of outdoor exercise. Give them a little extra in the warm tub or shower. Get out the heating pad(s). Watch something funny on the TV tonight. (Laughs are great stress reducers.)

Towards better--and warmer--days,

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. Bette, it was frigid here today as well. The low tonight is above zero. So I feel good about that. The forecast for the next several days shows no negative digits. It's hard to believe, but hopefully true.

Mimi, ice is the worst. I hope you can stay in until it melts. I hate trying to drive on ice. I can get around with our car but it's just too dangerous. Stay safe.

Lou, good luck on the job hunt. At least you have a great sense of humor about everything. If they see that they will hire you.

Mary, I hope it warms up and you feel better quick.

It was a typical Monday. I went to work tired and the day was going well enough. At about 10 I ran into trouble with a little device I had to repair. It was supposed to go smoothly, but as anything goes on the first day of the week, nope. I had that thing torn apart and back together about 4 times before I wised up and chose a different route. I ended up working a 10 to get it right and I am fried. I feel like I put in a full week. At least I went home with victory.

Once home I took a hot bath right away. It relaxed me and I was doing well until about a half hour later. I feel craptastic now. Meaning, the mind is good, the body is...well, you know.

I hope you all stay warm and safe. Take care everyone.

Cory

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
191 of 208 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.