Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****3/4/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where we got snow and sleet and ice....OMG* I sure hope this is the last winter storm that we will be blessed with this year. 14* and it is not going to get high enough to melt this stuff today either. I was cold all day yesterday and I guess it will be the same for the rest of the week, for the most part. I am so ready for spring time. I know it is just days away. Don't know what exactly it will bring though. I guess we shall soon see. I hope for a long nice spring....weather to enjoy for a while.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. I am doubtful though that this is going to happen. I can always hope though.

There will now be make up days for the local area schools. I think they included a couple of days for bad weather just in case it was needed. Those days have been used and then some. It is interesting that different counties do different things and are on different schedules, although they are very close. So it just depends which county you are in. I guess this is probably the same everywhere though.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process which does take time and effort.....so hang in there and learn all you can about what others have found that has helped them cope better. Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as you will surely find some good tools which you have not thought of doing.

Vitamin D. Talk to your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. So important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning all!
Mimi--it is chilly here in SC too-- I'm looking at my strawberries and parsley on my deck and they are quite wilted--but they will survive.

I think we are supposed to warm up a couple times this week--but I'm not sure if weather.com is accurate. We shall see..

A couple ways I have warmed up--Hubby is my helper here--he gave me a small heater I can plug in near wherever I am--I put it at my feet an it is safe. Right now Paco--my Chihuahua has his pillow right next to it and is napping. Another thing is a few minutes on my treadmill. I am not sure how long I walk on it--but I'm using the calorie counter--its not a big amount for a normal person--but I walked off 15 calories yesterday and 16.5 today. LOL. I'm going to increase it in teeny increments. It does warm me up a bit.

Last thing--my daughter gave me this wonderful rice bag--I heat it 2 min. in microwave and it warms up my neck and my upper shoulders--its a unique shape with baffles to really help. She bought it on Etsy.com there are a few different people who make rice bags for people with arthritis or chronic pain-- and they make them in shapes you don't find just anywhere. I love mine. you can freeze it or microwave it. (I've also heated it in my oven by wrapping it in foil first. Seems like I use it on heat mostly in winter and more on ice in summer.

Today I'm head achy which is not a normal thing for me--I think it is a combo of my neck flaring and the seizure med I've been on. I start a different one Thursday. Hope there's no side effects but so far there is something with all of the ones I've tried. I went back on my gabapentin as I just need the pain relief combined with my Celebrex it does make a big difference.

So-- family will just have to put up with me. I am trying to not wobble so much. LOL. If I walk slow and try hard I can do a little better.

Right now my bird feeder outside my window is full of little gold finches. A junco is looking around in the potted parsley and it is just a real heart warming view I'm so glad I have decided to grow potted herbs on my deck. Yesterday a golden eagle was threatening some water birds on the lake. The geese took no notice of them but the smaller birds took shelter in their own way. One dived down and resurfaced in the midst of the geese , another high tailed it for shore and hid near my neighbor's pontoon. The eagle menaced the group by swooping down near them severalt times then just flew away.
My grand daughter Said it should go in jail. I love her little pronouncements. 3 is the best age I think.

Hope you all have a good day. God Bless!
Mary

bette_kaffitz replied to missist's response:
Mary,

When I went for occupational (hand) therapy, the therapist told me to put 2 lbs. of plain raw rice in a bowl. I microwave it dry for 45 seconds to a minute and play with it for 15 minutes with my hands. Squish and swish, I call it. Feels great and lets you MOVE those fingers.

Those birds are in direct competition for any fish they can find in your lake. It must be difficult with many fish staying down at the bottom in the mud in suspended animation for the duration of this never-ending winter. The eagle is a big bird which needs a lot of food.

If your granddaughter needs a little bit more explanation you might compare her plate with her daddy's. Bigger people eat more. Bigger birds eat more, too.

At least that's what the science teacher would do. I don't know about a 3 year old, though.

Bette

missist replied to bette_kaffitz's response:
Bette-- I never even thought of them looking for fish--I figured the Eagle wanted some bird. But you are probably right.

The rice in a bowl sounds so lovely!!! I need two bowls.

fibroinsd responded:
A quick note...We received some sad news this week. My MIL's DH passed away. This was her second husband, as her first passed about 25 years ago..and she married him about 20 years ago...so he was the one the kids really knew more..but it isn't like it was my DH's dad or anything like that...He was a very nice man...but this was not a big surprise...we knew he wasn't well...but we have to go to Oregon for the funeral..so lots of last min. things to do..Don't know how much internet I will have..and I will probably be on a Kindle if I do have internet..so it will be hard to check in..hope you all are doing well and the weather is improving..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

missist replied to fibroinsd's response:
Best to your family Cece, I will pray for you and them.
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Quick check in tonight. I had a little better day today but yesterday took a toll. I still got a few key items done after work. I recycled a ridiculous amount of cardboard form the tub and surround. I was also able to get rid of some of the wood removed on the project.

Cece, sorry for your family's loss.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

Cory

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Here is hoping you all have a safe trip.

Take care. And try to pace as much as possible. You know how *stress* can affect us.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse replied to fibroinsd's response:
Cece, sending to you and your DH and family my most sincere sympathies. Prayers going put too you for your loss.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.