Skip to content
Hump Day *****3/5/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and it is going to be nice weather today. This is the weirdest weather. Such a huge range in temps from one day to the next. The week-end is supposed to be even nicer....temps around 60*....really? I still have snow in some places where the sun does not shine directly on. The schools are back on regular schedule.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest. I woke up too early again this morning....it was just after 3 am. It is going to be a long day for me. I am having eye issues again and I have a headache this morning. (this is not a good sign)

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support recently. I am sure that you will find some good support here and a lot of good info on ways that perhaps will help you cope better. It does require a trial and error process to find what might work for you. You should also remember that what works for one person may or may not help you. Only you will know when you have found the right combination of tools which may a difference in the way you feel.

Here is hoping everyone will have a good day, with little to no pain. If you have some sunshine today try to enjoy some good natural Vitamin D.....which helps the body feel better. Soon it will be spring with warmer weather every day. Hopefully we will all feel better then.

Vitamin D. This is important to a lot of people. Talk to your doctor about getting your level checked. Low Vitamin D might cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's it for now.

Happy Wednesday.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

bette_kaffitz responded:
Ash Wednesday. The beginning of a holy time of reflection for most Christians. Reflection never hurt anyone. Maybe we should all try some.

Reflect on how we tend to rush from place to place and activity to activity with no time for our bodies and souls to take a deep breath.

Reflect on how refreshing and reviving it is to do something truly good for another. But that's not why you did your good deed, is it? It was just the right thing. Perhaps the answer is that doing the right thing is good for you, too.

Reflect on the last time you did something that you knew was going to make your fibro worse. Reflect on how that choice--the choice to abuse your body--made it impossible to do other activities for several days. Even for those you love. Reflect on the real consequences of overdoing things.

Reflect on this beautiful world we live in. (Even in this horrible winter.) Where did this world come from? What is the purpose of all its beauty? Reflect on the beauty of this wonderful gift and what it means in your life.

Reflect on the wonderful people you have met here on this board, in this community. Reflect on how their gifts have made your life with fibro so much more worth living.

Reflect on that.

Bette

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening Mimi and all who follow. It sure is quiet here, I hope everyone is doing well, especially those who we have not heard from in some time.

Today was chilly in the teens, but not bad by comparison. Tomorrow is supposed to be icey but 29. This is called a warm up in these parts. I am still hopeful the deep freeze is behind us.

I have slowed on the bathroom until this weekend. I am picky so I keep analyzing what I have done and seeing things I should have done better or different. I am my own worst critic. I did pick up more supplies today. It is handy having the lumber yard a block away. Things are cheaper in Duluth, but it is $20-$25 in gas plus time to go.

I struggled to get my Jeep running the last couple days. It has been extremely reliable for 5 years. It was my own fault, never let a car sit with very little fuel in the tank. Fill it before parking it long term. I did get it going today. I have to drive it a bit and make sure that things are in order for the 1500 mile drive to Moab and back. I despise break downs.

I am doing Ok, I have had a little anxiety lately and feel a little off. Fatigue has been high as well. I continue to try to take things one day at a time.

I do have a massage next week, I always look forward to it and the temporary relief I get. Getting a good therapist who uses the right pressure is key.

I am trying to keep up with more of the other posts, I know how much it can mean to a sufferer to find things that help. If we help just one it's worth it.

I wish you all the best this evening and hope you all have a good night. Take car everyone.

Cory

missist replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Hi-all- Cory-- Duluth? My grandpa worked on that big bridge years ago the one that goes between MN and WI. small world.
Speaking of Jeeps-- we have had several. Mine seems to always have an engine light on. One little tweak after another. And yes--if I don't keep it filled when it is cold it will not go the next morning.

So I am writing in the hump day thread--I'm behind. yesterday was my long day caring for grandkids. today only have them at lunch time so much of the afternoon is putting them to bed and pretending they are napping. LOL.. their mom (my daughter) says they must nap--but they do not sleep.

Lots of new people here lately. .. actually always isn't it? makes me sad to see so many getting this disorder, I know most do not hang around long or post anyhow but they are out there someplace dealing with this thing.

Mary

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.