Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Happy Thursday ******3/6/2014
dollbug posted:
Happy Thursday to each of you. MiMi in NC and I know that spring is getting closer, regardless of what the weather indicates. They are saying winter is NOT over yet. Well, it had better get ready and leave as I think we are all ready for warmer weather. I can not even imagine how the people who have had snow and bitter cold temps all winter have coped for such a long time. I know that I would be looking for somewhere else to live if I had to deal with such cold all winter long.

They are saying we are going to have a nice week-end (Saturday and Sunday)....yep. I think we are all looking forward to seeing and feeling the rays of the sun.

I do hope each of you had a good night's rest and I hope that today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain. As we all know learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is so much better for us FMers. This is not an easy thing to do though. It does take time and effort to *slow down*.....but it is so important, as the body can not continue at a fast pace with the dragon wrapped around us.

Yesterday was not a good day for me. My GS was not happy. I think he was just tired and could not sleep. (I think we all know just how this feels). About 15 minutes or so before his mommy arrived home he was letting me know that things were not good for him. I tried so many things trying to calm him. Nothing worked. I think he was hungry and just tired. He had a couple of short naps.....less than an hour each. He normally sleeps more. It was a trying day for me as well.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find the *right combination of tools* that will make a difference for you. It normally takes several things which will work. So hang in here and ask questions, make comments and/or suggestions. We are all in the same boat together and for those of us who have had all sorts of issues with the wrath of the dragon....we have found *tools* which has made a difference for us and we want to share what we know with you in hopes that you too will find something that will help you as well.

As for me.....I have learned how to *control my FM pain* with vitamins and supplements and doing other things as well. My heating pad is a life saver. Heat helps me to relax. I have found that IF I am not feeling like I would hope to that I can put my heating pad around my neck and relax a bit and this seems to relax my entire body. Not quite sure how this works but it can make a difference for me. Try it sometime. It just might work for others as well.

I also know that sleep is so very important for us FMers....I am still struggling with this. Some nights are better than others. This continues to be a challenge for me.

Vitamin D. Again I want to remind those of you who have not had this done to be sure and speak to your doctor about getting the Vitamin D level checked. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some of us and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. (and remember we will soon have nicer/warmer weather).

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist responded:
Good Morning Mimi and All to follow Happy Thursday. I have grand kids this afternoon only. I put them for naps part of my time today, but I know they won't actually sleep. Yesterday I put them in separate rooms and the chatter kept up all the time they were in bed. I wish I had little windows on the doors so I could just peek and see what they are doing without opening doors.

Tonight I start my new med for seizures--tegretol. Its an older med--which is good and bad--good they know what side effects are possibl and its cheap. bad some of the newer ones may be better but they are crazy expensive. My insurance is not kind about this, so I am going to go for the older one.

I'm also going to start physical therapy again next week. I have 8 sessions rx'd. for my lower back and legs/hips. I'm hoping to find ways to improve my stumbling and not have so much pain when I am sitting or driving. Also possibly get injections for trigger points. We shall see...

I've been washing my mom's old favorite sweater in woolite this morning. She was big on woolite. I'm sending it to her younger sister who loves it. She is an invalid more or less stuck in her room these days. can't get down the stairs. Anyhow she was very close to my mom and loved that sweater-- I really don't like it I kind of hate pink. So although I am thinking of Mom, I'm not keeping the sweater. The sweater reminds me of both these ladies who both have or had fibro as well as a bunch of other issues arthritis anxiety depression etc... and I'm thinking I really need to get healthier somehow or I'm going to end up dead early or stuck in a room too. So anyhow I'm busy looking into more and more things to try to figure out what to do.

I started treadmilling-- just short burts. I notice that it is easier for me to stand up from a chair after I've done my treading. so that's awesome. of course that effect doesn't last long-- fibro is such a stubborn mean thing. I've increased my treading --using the calorie counter on my machine-- went from 15 to 16.5 to 25 over 3 days. That's pathetic for normal people but its a good start for me. And its really just what I need--a slow start that increases.

I have not been using my hot tub as much because I've gotten very itchy skin from it. So I got a little tub of a swimmers salve--but its spendy as I need a lot of it. So I'm going to start experimenting tomorrow with making my own. I've got most of the ingredients ready just need one more I think. It should be a lot less spendy and easy to make.

Well that's about all. Hope y'all have good day today.
God Bless!
Mary

katmandulou responded:
Hello All!

Another cold day in southeastern Mass, bright sun but in the low 20s. They're promising 48 and sunny for Saturday, so it will be a good day to see Mom, and snow next Wednesday. Mother Nature has truly lost her mind!

I'm a little jealous of you all with grand-babies. Being childless means I lost out on so much as a young woman, and middle-age isn't much better. Losing Dad made my oldest brother and I are taking care of things, including Mom. Who will be there for me? Sorry, it's one of those days"026

There's still no work on the horizon. A client called with a relatively small job, and it could be done now if he would spend half a day on his part. I know we'll come down to the last minute and I'll pull it off. it's what I do!

I went to a wonderful dinner last night, a celebration of the newest member of the graphic design honor society at my old high school. It's a vocational school, I graduated from that 'shop" and have been helping keep them 'in the know' about where the industry is going. I was surprised to be named an honorary member of their society! The dinner was delicious (cooked by the culinary arts students), and the students' presentations were meaningful and inspiring.

When I left the building, I slipped on the salt covering an outdoor flight of stairs. Today I'm sore and slightly bruised. LOL

I wish you all the best day ou can possibly have!
Lou

bette_kaffitz responded:
Gosh, it sounds like we are all progressing in our own ways. Must be the hint of spring around the corner making us want to just DO something.

Mary, let's hope your new, but older, medication works great for you. If it is any consolation, I've noticed that if you find the cheaper, older meds don't work, then your insurance is willing to pay for the more expensive ones. They just want to be sure that you're not using the big buck kind if the cheaper ones will work.

I can't believe that it will be above zero all night tonight. Maybe DH will be able to skip his midnight trip out to the woodstove. (Like most of us with FM, I was cringing at all that physical work when he installed the darn thing 20 years ago. DH has always been so physically capable. He had the agility of a cat and the strength of a bull. Along with being bull-headed at times. I wanted to insulate the heck out of the house and install new windows instead. The windows are in the garage still waiting to be installed. The insulation was vetoed. And my 71 year old hubby still has to cut, split, and feed firewood. He's not quite as able as he was at 51. His doctor has never said the F word, but DH is taking Lyrica and Cymbalta along with pain meds. I have never once said, "I told you so." But I did tell him so--way back then.)

We've been married since 1967. We argue. We have many differences of opinion. But the love and acceptance is still there.

And that's something to celebrate. Along with a warmer night.

Bette

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.