Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday.....3/10/2014 ****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. Can you believe we are now in the double digits already? Spring is getting closer. MiMi in NC. I have heard though that winter is not over yet. They are predicting another *winter storm headed our way*....really???? I had hoped this last one would be it, but I guess not. There is still snow and ice in some places even though the temps have been nice for a few days. There are still thousands of people without power. So much to clean up and repair. Workers from other states have arrived to help with all of this.

I hope each of you had a good week-end and got some good rest along the way. I slept ok last night but did NOT get enough sleep as usual. I am having issues with my elbow again. It is the same one that I had surgery on. Don't know what is going on with it. Perhaps it has something to do with the weather and the dampness. I sure hope it gets better soon though.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will soon find some good *tools* that will help you cope better. I wish I could tell you that this is an easy task to figure out but I am not going to say that at all. It does take time and effort....and sometimes it is very hard to do. So hang in there and learn all you can about what others have tried and found that has made a difference for them. Of course, we know that we are all different and what helps one may or may not help another. But we must continue to keep on keeping on until we find something that works.

I do know how hard this can be though when a person has pain day after day without any relief. It gets really old, very quickly. Just remember that this too will pass. It does get better with time. Do what you can to ease your pain. I know that I have found that my heating pad does wonders for me. Just sitting back and trying to relax and perhaps napping sometimes helps.

I do hope the new members here will check out the info under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox*. I am sure you will find some *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. You never know what might help until you try different things.

Vitamin D. Remember also to check with your doctor about getting your Vitamin D level checked. This is really important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I hope everyone has a good Monday, with little to no pain.

Soon we will all have warmer weather and this should help us all. Springtime is just days away now.

Remember to pace, pace and pace some more.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
Late Check-in today!

It's not bad here weather-wise today, but they're still predicting a snow storm for Wednesday. It really is a prediction, isn't it - it might be here, it might not be"026

I'm working on a small paying project, so that's something positive. I've also been asked to "help with the publicity" for a couple events here. "Help with Publicity" usually means no pay, but I get tons of exposure, which means someone else will ask me to "help with publicity""026 Sometimes I get a lunch or dinner out of it. LOL Will work for food!

It's good I don't have a commute right now. i slipped on salt going up stairs last week, and I'm still having pain. I fell on my right side, so my hip, knee and shoulder hurt. I also reached for the railing, and pulled by left shoulder. the scrapes on my hands have healed, and DH shined my new shoes, which I scuffed.

This whole "change the clocks" thing makes it hard for me to get it together. I was still in my jammies at 10am today! I'll try for 9:30 tomorrow!

Heading out to a meeting now (gonna 'help with publicity' again!) hoping you all had the best day you could have!
Lou

debrabrooks1960 responded:
Happy Monday to all!
I have been absent for a little while. I have been busy with work and family. I just get to tired by the end of the day to mess with my computer. I am having a lot of pain tonight. I think it was due to eating sugar yesterday. We had a family picnic and I could not resist the cheese cake. I have tried to be sugar free and white flour free for the last few months. I can always tell when I have cheated. I have lost 35 pounds. The weight loss has really helped my knee. I can walk without pain on some days. I still have pain when it is going to rain or turn cold.
The weather here is beautiful. In the 70's during the day and in the 50's at night. We are expecting another cold front by Thursday. Winters in north Florida are so unpredictable. The spring breakers are starting to come to Panama City. Luckily it has been pretty for them.
Take care everyone. Soft hugs to all.

Debbie
Your not over the hill until you are under the hill.

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was an unbelievable nice day here. We hit almost 60 degrees! I think the snow melted down a foot or so. Water was running everywhere. There were birds singing for the first time. I wish I could have enjoyed it more. After work I started wiring the bathroom. I really don't care for the task, but I do know how to do it right. I only have to move a switch and put in an outlet.

I wish I knew what was going on in my head. I think it may be just from pushing too hard lately. I still don't quite feel like myself. Hopefully my trip will change all of that.

I hope the storms stay away form us all. I think we have seen enough for a long time.

Take care everyone. Have a good night.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
455 of 530 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.