Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tuesday *****3/11/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and we had some nice weather yesterday. My GS though did not care. He was not a happy baby. I think he might be having gums issues. He is drooling a lot and is trying to chew on his hand/fingers. I sure hope today will be a better day for us both. He is a bit different from his big brother.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest. I sleep ok but woke up too darn early again this morning. This waking up before daylight is for the birds, not me. I guess I thought that life would be quite different for me at this point in my life. It is not what I expected. I am also having issues with my right elbow. (this is the one I have had surgery on) Don't know what is going on with it but it sure has given me problems for a while now. I have used some Stopain Spray on it for a while now....which helps but the pain returns.

NC is still trying to recover from the last storm. There are still thousands of people without power. Slowly but surely this is getting better. My older son has a lot of trees down on his property. He told me that it looks like a war zone and I saw the pictures this week-end. It is going to take a lot of work to clean it up.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure you will find some good info here under *tips* and *resources*....and be sure and review the *member toolbox* too. It helps to learn all you can about the wrath of the dragon and what others have found that has helped them cope better. It does take time and effort to figure out just what might help you so hang in there and continue to learn all you can.

Vitamin D. Well...again I have to include this in my post. I want to make sure that everyone is at least aware of how important Vitamin D is to a lot of people. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. So be sure and speak to your doctor about getting yours tested.

Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. It does the body good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Tuesday one and all. I do hope your yesterday went well and that your today is fibro issue and pain free.

It's been eye candy spring like here, the Winter Veronica's are up and some daffodils are peeking thru the warming ground... and I'm just loving it. It will be mid 70's today and I get to be out in it as I was yesterday. It feels so good to be warm and sunny. I have missed it and have been waiting forever for days like yesterday and today. I will be unhappy tomorrow as rain and some cold temps drop back in but I know that it WILL BE THE LAST OF WINTER around here. After the next week or so no more cold, no more snow and no more ice. And YAY that!

Since we've had such nice last few days DH has been busy screening in the back porch. He's nearly done and just in time to as the wasps and bees are coming out because some flowers are coming out. DH got the cover on the chimney Sunday so they can't drop down into the fireplace. We don't know how their doing it.. we've sealed everything we can see but they get into the house from there so we finally said Cover the chimney.

Believing that by March 20th or so we will have will nice weather we are looking forward to seating out in the screened porch and just enjoy the evening. When the hummingbirds come we will open the sliding screen doors to let them fly thru the porch area, as they will to get to the feeders that we also put in there, so that too will be a nice thing to sit out of door and enjoy.

Have to get my migraine blocking shots on Thursday and not looking forward to that. Gosh they hurt so. I was told grown men cry when getting them. Not that I wouldn't want to it's that painful. I'd cry too but it's just that I'm " fibro tough " and am just used to having to tough it up with a lot of pain. I learned so long ago tears don't make anything go away or bring anything back, so just deal those things I can change and accept those that I can't. Those shots fall under the latter.

Having been off line for so long it's odd for me to be able to post again. I've4 been able to post on fb, that's easy, but WebMD doesn't like smart phones and makes typing and submitting hard. Didn't expect this problem but found my new lap top isn't so compatible with Sprint's either net ( UBS port connection ) service and I am in a Wi-Fi dead zone.
: ( so they had to come up with something to make this new lap top connect to the internet. I now have a 'HOT SPOT " device and it seems to be working well. Yay that. I have a smart phone so didn't miss much internet wise, but wasn't able to really post here from it. Glad to be back.

I have errands out today so will be able to enjoy the sun and warmth as I dash about the city doing this and that. I also plan to stop by my BFF's home for lunch and afterwards she's going to sow a Casmir throw my DD gave me that is way to short and needs to be halved and then put together widthwise. Won't be needing it too much longer now so will have it for next cold season; a long time away I hope.

MiMi, sorry the little one is teething. I know how hard that is on them and the ones trying to make them feel better. My great grandmother used to make what she called corker dolls. She'd take bottle corks and then crochet them over with heavy yarn and then strongly attach whale bone rings on each end, hands, legs and head and used them as tethers. She even sold them to stores and even some went to MACYS. I have one of the few that are left in the family and it's a gem of an heirloom. Hope your little one begins to feel better soon as those little teeth come in.

To all those here who have been in such a deep freeze this winter I do wish each of you some sunshine and warmer temps. I feel so guilty having such a wonder few days here and it not being the same up north of me.

I guess I should get up and get this day moving along.. wishing each of you a wonderful fibro pain and issue free day.

Gentle hugs, Linda R

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. I hope you are all doing well tonight. It was cooler here today but still good for melting the heavy snow. I would say almost half has disappeared already. Tomorrow is an oddball. It is supposed to be in the teens, then 45 on Thursday. I am not sure how that works but so is the life in Minnesota.

I was able to finish the small bit of wiring I had to do in the bathroom today. I may add one more outlet, but I can do that later on.

Tomorrow I get a much needed break and a massage. I can't wait for that. I am in dire need of one right now. She has her work cut out for her.

Linda R, no bugs to worry about here for a while. The screen porch sounds like a nice place to relax.

Mimi, I hope your elbow gets better, I know how uncomfortable that can be.

Take care everyone and have a good night.

Cory

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
@ Cory, it will be! I swear the one thing the south east has that is worse than any other place, except sand fleas, is wasps and bugs. Makes for a miserable summer.

I think of you when I hear that the north is getting more snow and cold. I sure wish this winter would let go and let spring in. We all need a break from it. I am just beginning to feel well and that's only because the past few weeks have given us a some warm days and sunshine.

It will be cold and wet today and cold the rest of the week. I hate being teased by nice spring weather and then go back to cold and, yes, even some snow flakes, they say this week.

Take care and stay warm.. gentle hugs, Linda R

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
365 of 392 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.