Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday *****3/13/2014 *****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC where it is chilly again. It rained yesterday off and on and now it feels like it is 23*..My wrists, elbow and knees all felt the dampness. Not a good thing at all.
I woke up too darn early again but was able to drift back to sleep for a little longer. Sleep is so very important for me. I have problems trying to function as it is and it makes it even worse when I do not get enough sleep. And I have learned that I never catch up with what has been lost. My body knows this. Most of the time I think I am in *slow motion*.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I do hope we all will have a good day, with little to no pain. I also hope that springtime is headed my way. I am so ready for this.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. It does take a trial and error process to find the *just right toolbox* which works for you. So hang in here and learn all you can about what others do that has made a difference. Something will indeed make a difference for you as well.

I hope the new members will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure you will find some good tools to try.

Vitamin D. Yep. This is still my favorite tip to share. Vitamin D is so important to a lot of people these days. I still wonder just why the insurance companies have not included the test in the normal blood work that the doctors do. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well. I guess the best thing is that it is a cheap fix. But it does take time and effort to get yourself back to within the normal range and keep it there, it your numbers are low. Be sure and speak to your doctor about this. So very important.

That's all for now. Have a good day and remember to pace, pace and pace even more. This does the body good.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

fibroinsd responded:
Morning..

Well, I am back. I had to go to a funeral near Portland Oregon. It was quite a change in weather for me..rained for two days..but sunny day of the funeral...then back to rain...I actually enjoyed the weather..and it was nice, in that I had all three of my kids there..along with my SIL and niece . My BIL had been out of town..but did get back after the funeral..and we all had a nice time together..My MIL had moved to an assisted living place..although she is in the independent living section..so we were staying there..and it was nice...sure wish I could get my parents in a place like that..not fancy..but good...

hope you all are doing well..guess I have some catching up to do.

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece...glad you are back. I am glad you all had a safe trip.

It has been quite slow here. I am hoping this is a good thing. You know how it has been in the past though....people join and post for a while and then disappear for a while. I am sure some of them will return sooner or later.

I hope you can now rest up from your trip. Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

missist replied to dollbug's response:
Hi Mimi, Cece, etc..
I had a nice day today. Visited with a friend from where I used to work. We stopped at a nice nursery and then went for lunch and finally to a whole foods type store. It was great. We both did a lot of talking and laughing and decided to make sure to get together every month. Just so good for us.

She has a lot of the same issues I do health wise--or similar. We take the same seizure drug though she has jerks not seizures. She has had carpal tunnel surgery--which I have it but haven't had surgery. We're both out of work at younger age than we had expected--but agree its ok.

Well anyhow it was a very good for me visit. Nothing like a friend to really laugh with.
Mary

mnjeepguy responded:
Good evening everyone. It was warmer today here and in the low 40's not bad a t all. It brought the banks down a little more.

I worked from the moment I got in the door from work today. I changed the oil on the Jeep for the trip, fired up the grill and made pork chops, got oldest ready for his band concert, and gave myself a haircut and cleaned up for the concert. I felt good about what I had accomplished. The DW came home and asked why other things were not done. Yup , it was one of those days. Oh well, try again tomorrow.

I got out of working Sunday, so only three 12's then an 8 on Thursday, followed by another 3 day weekend. I can live with that. I coworker wanted to work one and asked.

Cece, good to se you back. Mary, nothing better than a friend you can relate to.

To all, have a good night and take care.

Cory

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
360 of 387 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.