Skip to content
TGIF******3/14/2014 ******
dollbug posted:
TGIF**we are almost 1/2 into March. OMG time flies anymore. Spring time is almost here....well on the calendar anyway. Not sure about what spring will bring. I do know that I am ready for better, warmer weather. The sooner the better. I am not looking forward to really hot weather, just warmer weather and I hope when it finally arrives that we will have a nice long spring. And they are talking that NC might get some snow flurries...Let's hope not. I think I have seen enough of both snow and ice for a long time. There are still people who still have no power from the last storm. Lots of clean up still in the making.

Well, here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope today will be a good day for us all with little to no pain.
I woke up again too darn early. This seems to be my normal and I can say that I do not like it at all. It only makes a really long day for me.

It is what it is though as I can NOT control this. I have used all of my *toolbox tricks* and nothing seems to make a difference.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that each of you will find some good *tools* that will perhaps make a difference in the way you feel. There are no quick fixes and certainly no magic pills that I am aware of but lots of good info that just might improve the way you feel.

Vitamin D. Be sure and ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

Be sure and check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and also read the *member toolbox*.

Learning how to pace is a good thing for most of us. Find ways to keep your stress level low too. Your body will thank you for doing this.

Have a great Friday. I hope you can enjoy some sunshine today.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning Mimi. I slept in about an hour today. I needed it since I did not sleep well at all. I put on my wrist brace since it was bothering me some. I figured it would help as it sometimes does. I woke at about midnight with it in terrible pain. I took off the brace and bent it slowly hearing a very loud snap. Then it was fine. Many of my joints do this, they get very stiff at rest. It probably is just wear and tear and likely won't go away. Oh joy!

I have one more big piece of drywall to hang up on the ceiling then I can put the other small pieces on the walls. Hopefully we can have it all painted by Sunday. I need to get this finished up so I can rest. So it's a double edged sword. The more I do now, the less it drags out.

Mimi, still many without power? That's crazy. I hope the get it all sorted out soon. It's too cold to have to deal with that.

I hope you all have a great day! Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Friday one and all. I do hope that winter is going to let go of it's grip on so much of the country by month's end since, as you said MiMi, it is after all mid March.

It's sunny here and will be warmer, so MiMi, sunshine and some warmth is heading your way from TN. It's going to be nice day here with temps in the mid 60's so that's on it's way to you.

I have to be out of doors a bit today so will enjoy the sunshine and warmth we're having here right now.. I feel so much better when the sun's out and it's warm. Fibro and winter feed on each other so I really do feel much better when both are gone and can get to feeling well. Wishing that feeling for each of you as well.

I got my blocking shots, not Botox but steroids, yesterday and of course it hurts. But the down side is no shots and migraines. I hope I can stretch the distance between shots for 4 months after these, but just made it by days to 3 months, again, this time. The goal is one shot a year. I've had three so far in 9 months. You can only get them at 3 month intervals.

DH is nearly done with the enclosing and screening of the back porch. He managed to get the primer and painting done between the rain and cold. Now we have some sun and warmth today and he should be able to get the screening done then put on the doors. One is a sliding door and one is a screened door that opens out. And we're getting it just in time as the wasps are showing up because trees and flowers are blooming now.

Speaking of the flowers of spring, I saw the loveliest Dogwood Tree, all white with flowers yesterday. Just did my heart good. This also means that in a week or so all the Dogwood trees, apple, peach and cherry trees with be blooming.. So nice for me to see life where there has been dreary gray and dried yellow for so long.

Cory, sorry about the restless night you had, the pain and the "pop ' in your wrist. Glad your project is nearly done as well and then you can rest.

Not a lot to do today, have my neck traction appointment mid day and then an errand or two, but not a lot of things on my list today so will just have to find reasons to be out in there. I extended my time yesterday from 2 hours to 4 by stopping at Ross's and Hobby Lobby just so I could enjoy the sunshine.

Speaking of sunshine I got my Vit D3 and B12 testing results.. B12 is just a tad high.. so will drop off taking it but the D3 was 47. Yay that. It is down from almost double that last September. I don't know what I do to make it so high, but jeez I do. And I will not have to take a bone density test this year as my bones are in the normal range and the odds of my breaking a bone within the next 10 years is @ 3%. Yay that too.

I was told that for me to have gone backwards from having osteopenia to a normal bone range is rare without intervention. And I did it the last 2 years by just taking Vit D3 and calcium, magnesium and getting as much sun time in, 15 minutes each day, when possible, ( sunscreen when longer ) and it worked for me.

Okay, I should close this here. I hope for those that are still getting cold and snow that it stops soon and that you have signs of spring sooner than later.

Gentle hugs to all and wishing each of you a fibro issue and pain free day and night.
Linda R

katmandulou responded:
tGif!

Cold here, 35? now and going to 41? later this afternoon. I to am tired of this sometimes bitter cold. The snowdrops are out and blooming through yesterday's flurries. I haven't taken the time to look for other plants poking their sleepy heads out of the warmer earth.

Late yesterday afternoon, I was cold and put on a sweater. An hour later I pushed the thermostat to 68, but the heat never came on. It was 60 in the house! DH came home, took stock, and showed me how to fill the tank. easy, right? DH had planned dinner and while he was cooking he called to me - there was steam coming out of some of the bottom cupboards! A pipe that had been leaking slowly finally broke. All I can smell is mold and wet wood. We're still waiting to hear from the oil company, as we have a maintenance contract with them.

have I ever said that I'm so grateful for this group! Most of my friends and acquaintances have no idea what life with FM is like. A friend's wife (she's a doctor) says she 'doesn't believe in' FM. Having this pain for just one hour I'm sure she'd change her mind! Thanks for being there for me when I'm sad, whiny, tired achy, breathing mold, etc.

We all have our burdens, thanks again for being here. I wish you all the best day - and the vest weekend - you can possibly have!
Lou

bette_kaffitz responded:
It's amazing how we can just go along ignoring the benefits of the things that work in our lives. It's only when they go "poof" that we appreciate them. Whether it's the power going off, the heating system acting up, or the dryer going on the fritz, it takes the lack of something for us to realize its true worth.

What brought on that soul searching? My new dryer. Today I gave it and the washer a real workout. I stripped all the beds and washed sheets, blankets, and quilts. What a joy to make up beds with everything smelling so fresh and clean. What a joy to have a dryer that didn't bunch stuff up--even the quilts. And--at least for now--I am not taking that clothes dryer for granted.

DH told me I bought the Rolls Royce of dryers. I showed him the prices in the Consumer Reports annual review. He declared that I bought a Cadillac of dryers. He read a Sears flyer with a whole page of washers and dryers. He agreed that I had bought a Prius of dryers. (It's definitely an Energy Star model using about 1/2 the electric of the old one.) But I'm sure he'll be calling it Rolls till it spins its last load.

DS spent his second day on the new job at the college's agricultural school. The pipes in one barn burst. Unlike Lou's, these pipes were 3 feet below the barn's concrete floor. Poor John spent the day standing on concrete in a cold barn running a jackhammer. They have to take out the concrete floor and the 3 feet of frozen ground to get to the broken pipes. DS came home plastered with mud and other barn-type substances. He stopped on the way home and got a pair of insulated boots; the old ones must not have been insulated enough. But he came home saying how much he likes not knowing what the day's work orders will bring. The old job had become boring. (Me, I would have hated every minute of his day. But he loved it, and that's great!)

DH slept through all my loads of bedding and the morning and groaning of the bed making. He woke up in time for lunch. He woke up again when DS came home. I think he likes being retired a little too much. But then again, on my bad days, I stay in bed all day too. I just hope he's all right. There's a lot of moaning and groaning going on whenever he turns over in bed, but he says he's all right. Time will tell.

I pushed myself to do all that bedding. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from me tomorrow. That's my usual M.O. I do something that doesn't hurt much when I'm doing it, but I pay for it the next days--or (hopefully not) weeks.

Stay warm. Stay dry. Stay hydrated. Stay rested.

Love to all,

Bette

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
467 of 542 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.