Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****3/15/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. I was sleeping so good this morning, perhaps the best I have slept all week and then the telephone rang. OMG. It took me a few minutes for me to wake up and then get to the phone. By this time the machine had already answered the call and the caller had hung up. It was someone from my DH's work place. I guess it is NOT meant for me to get enough sleep. So I have to wake him up and tell him. He takes care of the call and then goes back to sleep. Well, so much for my day starting right.

I tried to go back to sleep and about the time I think I was just about there, the furbabies woke up. It is always something. So I decided just to get up. I am sure that there will be a nap needed.

Here is hoping each of you are still resting and that we will all have a good day. It is suppose to be a nice warm day in NC today, with another cold front headed the first of the week. It has to be warm weather lurking though as next week spring time arrives. I guess we will just have to wait and see though IF things get better. I sure hope so.

As soon as it gets warm enough I will be taking my GS for strolls. I told my son that he needed to move the baby swing to the deck so that we can also go outside and I can swing him. I use to take my other GS out on the deck and I would put bubbles in the machine and we would have a bubble party. Babies love bubbles. I will have to find a new machine this year. My GS has to have lots of attention. He is not as content as his big brother was. He is a sweet little boy....just different.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. Sorry that you have met with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM. I am sure that you will find some good info here on how to cope better. There are no quick fixes or cures for this ugly and mean illness. It takes a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools which will work for you. What works for one person may or may not work for another, only you will know when you have found what helps you. This does take time and effort so learn all you can about what others have found that has made a difference for them.

Vitamins and supplements, plus other things work for me. I tried different medicines in the beginning but did not find anything which worked without causing other side effects. I eventually did my own personal research and figured out what my body needed. I still have to on occasion, tweak what I do. It is a matter of tricking the mind. Sometimes I just skip a day of vitamins or change the multi vitamin that I take. I guess I just give my body a rest and it works.

Vitamin D. Be sure and speak to your doctor about getting this checked. It is just a simple blood test BUT you must ASK the doctor to check it as it is not included in the normal blood work that the doctors do. Low Vitamin D is so very important for a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause additional pain for some people and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I guess the best thing about this is it is a cheap fix. It can take time though to get your level back to within the *normal range*. Normal being a wide range....you must decide what the *normal range* is for you. Yes, it varies. Low range of 30's up to 90's. (I have also found that this range can also vary, just depends upon what you are reading.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I hope sunshine is in your future today. Get out and soak some of it in. Your body will thank you.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

booch007 responded:
Good morning Mimi and Fmily.

Pain is following me around these days, I never rebounded from the work of last week. I also am in a mix with the hospital who pays for my meds, they will not approve the Savella or Tramadol at this time.

I am so in fighting mode. I made a call last week to find out the girl holding this up was on vacation.......I just said these meds just can't be stopped. There was never any notification of needing an auth to coninue. It is over 10 years I am on these meds. All I could fill was my Soma.

Life's challenges! I will get back to this on Monday. Glad I have a few extra in the house to not just STOP my meds....
These people are clueless.

I have shots on Monday and will discuss the issue with my MD as well.

I am still losing weight with the Medifast program but doing it slowly. I give myself a treat once a week as I move forward. We have our St Patricks celebration tomorrow. There are about 40 of us. It is a case of cabbage and 30-40 pounds of Corned Beef. They use the deli pots and cook it on propane stoves outside......

Can't believe how IRISH the Italians can be!! All in green and every root vegetable known to man on the table. It is the only time I eat rutabaga's and she does turnips....etc. Just a Grand Ol Time. So much is gluten free so it is great for me.

I want to share that here in NY...I SEE BUDS ON THE TREES! I noticed them last week but thought I was seeing things! I am so excited that spring is close....I put in for some vacation breaks and need to place more so I can get the place here in order. It is 2 years that I haven't thrown out the stuff** I accumulate. I have alot of things I can donate to goodwill etc.

I so need to down size myself. Not just physically but also in the stuff* category. I think I fill my loneliness with stuff*. It always sound like there is alot going on and I work all the time....but that is smoke and mirrors to the reality that the dragon has pulled me back to myself.

We pull in to not have to*....and that leads to friends going their way, and then you have just you. I have alot going on, but it is not like it was. Change is something you have to get used to happening to yourself. It is a catch 22. I am better off that when I get in and crash...I can. There is not messages of "you have to" waiting for me. The family, grandchildren and the store as well as my job fill our lives.

Living small is what it is, I just know that my addiction to buying is a sign of filling a gap in my life. But less is more!

Hope to get that accomplished this year. Biggest project is the veggie garden I wanted to make last year. I want to DO IT this year. DH is going to fight me...but I just need a helper and I can get it done right. Then It is purging the stuff......

OK I think I am rambling. Pain is tough and I am waiting for meds to help, pissed how I crossed my line so much and thought I could get away with it. I also have a manager that is clueless to my issue. I look so good*....I may have to train her!

Maybe copy some pages in the book to have her read. I did show her my markings for injection so she could see how many spots there are.

So another thing on the list!

Great Saturday for all.......hugs to you, Nancy B

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. It's cold this am at 17. It will be -4 tonight, in the negatives in mid March. People are still ice fishing on Lake Superior. What a crazy, relentless winter.

I was not good yesterday from returning our shower doors. The box weighed 75 lbs and I brought it up from the basement, through the house to the truck, then onto a cart at the store. It did a number on me. I am better this morning though. I walked to my brother's a mile away and back. My hips were both burning after just three blocks. This happens to me all the time, but passes as I push on. I think it did help my back loosen up.

Today I have to sand the bathroom walls, not my favorite tasks at all, but the last one I am dreading. The flooring and the ceiling are not as bad as that, just messy, not tough. One step closer to finishing. I will share photos when we are finished. It will be a while yet to get all of the trim finished.

I helped my fibro-friend down the block bring in her groceries last night. She takes Lyrica and switched to Gabapentin for a while due to the cost. She had to switch back and now she is broke. She owes me money for snow removal and said she could not pay me, this is fine with me, I will likely help her for free soon anyhow. I don't charge much anyhow. She is a good person and on a fixed income. We talked about how she thinks fibro happened to her. We both held everything in for years and were tensed up even at rest, our bodies all wound up. This could be where our pain came from.

I have to get busy but I hope you all have a great day. Nancy, I hope you get your meds filled before you run out.

Mimi, glad you got some decent rest, at least until the phone interrupted you.

Take care everyone.

Cory

fibroinsd responded:
Morning all..

yes...talk about starting the morning on the wrong foot, Mimi..The last few days I could hardly get up for work at 6:30 and I was so looking forward to sleeping in today..no alarm....and naturally, I woke up at 4 am...and tossed and turned until my daughter's cat jump on us at 6 am...grrrrrr...I did stay in bed for awhile...so now I am behind what I need to be doing.

I drove my car yesterday, and I thought I was going to have a problem with it...and now today, I want to go a long distance, and I am nervous about driving it...I don't have a cell phone..and so if it breaks down...I am in trouble...guess I should go get a phone first..

Nancy..so sorry about the meds...grrr again...your doctors office should have someone able to do this when the girl goes on vacation...not cool..congrats on going back to medifast..I need to do that too...

And yes...I think about getting rid of things too now...I have enough stuff...but I do like it all...hard to get rid of..My MIL did such a good job of downsizing and going into the assisted living place...can't believe she got rid of so much..naturally much of the family took a lot of it..but I do think she got rid of a lot..

Cory..can't wait to see the pics...my DH use to do a lot of remodeling..and I know how messy that sanding can be..hope you don't overdo it...

Got to make a plan for the day..and can't decide what to do..I am thinking of calling another assisted living and checking it out for my parents..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

dollbug replied to fibroinsd's response:
Hello cece.....I wanted to tell you that you can get a pay as you go phone at walmart. This is what I use. It is $20 for so much time. No contracts and nothing to worry about. My DD had to get a couple when she and her DH were having the problems with the charges. So they paid cash so it could not be traced. I have since gone in to buy the time and pay cash as well....just in case my DD might need to use it again.

I hope you are still there so that you can see this.....I think we all need phones these days.....especially if you are traveling a long distance.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday MiMi, Cory, Nancy, cece and all that follow.. Seems like some of you have not had such a good last night or yesterday.. so here's wishing all of a better one today.

It's nice here now, but rain due in later and tomorrow. I will hate to deal with dreary cold days again. They say the close to NC will get some snow for this. Hope it's not true, but if so sorry MiMi.

cece, I would be thinking of the cell phone even if your car is working well. Gosh so many times I had a problem and if I hadn't had that cell phone with me I'd have been in real trouble.. so with the car not up to snuff I'd consider a WalMart pay as you go phone just to be safe.

Okay, not a lot to post about right now so will close with best wishes to all..
Gentle hugs, Linda R

DH is nearly done with the back porch. Has everything but the screen door left to install. Yay.

MiMi, sorry about last night's lack of a long night's sleep. Hope that tonight it will be better for you.

Cory please post pictures so we can see them. Do you have a fb account? If you do and most of us do, we can see all the upgrades that you've done. I hope that your weather gets warmer so you can get some out of doors time and I know that will make you feel better.

Nancy your St Patrick's Day family affair sounds wonderful. DH has to work and both my daughters are sick so it will be a slow St Paddy's day here. May try for a meal at the Irish Pub in downtown Nashville but am sure there won't be a bar stool open tomorrow or Monday evening.
Also, it a shame that you have to fight to get the meds that make you feel well. I hope you are able to correct it and that the shots make you feel better.

booch007 replied to rudyandirmouse's response:
Happy Sunday on Saturday.

I am up since 5am because of pain. Though tthe night was solid, when I awoke the pain in the neck, head of glass and numb hands is so apparent I had to get up.

Gravity is a friend of mine and a hot rice pak is on my neck. I am taking this a a NO day. NO NOTHIN'....

I also think in feeling this way I am taking off tomorrow after shots to go home a rest. If I need tuesday I will do that too. I haven't been this bad in a long time. I am going to say it is a flare but I don't have the urge to be in a blanket curled up.....that is usually what a flare gives me.

OMG....you can easily forget the way this feels when you have been in tune. Maybe the stress of the medication issue is getting me (stress) it has always been spoken about with us as a contributor. I say I live small...and that keeps stress low.

CRAP. I need magic today.

I have to watch at the St Pat's party to not get caught up with the grandchildren and being on my lap...that lifting....

OK, the MOAN is over. Having a pity party for me this morning . I am going to post a positive under a different cover to lift my mind a bit.

Hugs to all..( without using my numb arms!) and without you touching the knife in the middle of my back!...LOL.
CRAP..

Nancy B

Helpful Tips

Living Well with Fibromyalgia
Greetings! I have learned patience and a positive attitude is key to my pain management. I developed Fibromyalgia after a hysterectomy in ... More
Was this Helpful?
190 of 207 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.