Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday, Monday.....3/17/2014 *****St Patrick's Day.
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. MiMi in NC and a cold front is here again. I sure hope this is the end of wintertime. Afterall, spring is almost here. So Winter should indeed be getting ready to hide for good, taking its cold bitter wind and weather with it. It is 22* with wind.

Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest. I rested better last night. I am so glad that I did. I also had a nap yesterday as well. I guess I am trying to play catch up with my sleep. I know though that there is no way this can happen. I hope we all have a good day today with little to no pain.

It was a quiet Sunday as there were only a couple of family members were with the GC. We had a simple lunch which was good. It rained some yesterday as well. I could tell that the dampness was here. Not a good thing at all.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that each of you will soon find something that will help you cope better. I hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well. I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying. It does take time and effort and remember what helps one person may or may not help you. Only you can decide what is helping you. Everything is a process in dealing with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Learn all you can and soon you will figure out what it takes to *control and improve* how you feel. Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more is a good start. Also learning how to say *no, can't do that today* can be helpful as well. There are some days when you should just slow down and rest. Trust me, you will soon know just how important this can be....for the sake of your body.

Have a good day. I hope the weather is better where you are.

Spring is about to arrive anyway. I am ready.

MiMi

IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

katmandulou responded:
I'm hoping Monday Monday will be good to me!

Cold here again, 22? and it's going up to 55 Thursday. Mother Nature can't make up her mind - spring starts Thursday!

We got the estimate on fixing the steam pie that broke, it was a little yikes, as I thought it would be higher. THEN DH tells me that they're coming back this morning with an asbestos remediation guy - the insulation on the pipes is asbestos! I'm waiting for his call and hoping the next number isn't too high. There's always something, right?

As a result, every time we turn the heat up the kitchen gets another does of hot water. (The kitchen is the warmest room in the house!) DH dragged the dehumidifier out of the cellar and into the kitchen. I keep thinking of the stuff we'll be throwing away - food wrapped in paperboard boxes and other stuff we haven't seen yet. One day at a time.

I'm trying to pace myself, Mimi, but its hard to do. Wishing you all the best day YOU can possibly have,
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Ah, Monday once again. I went to work to start my first 12hr shift of three I must do this week. I threw out my back moderately at 8:30am. It was a good start. I walked crooked all day, leaning to the left with my right foot turned way out. Work was alright and the shift guy gets to ride a bike, so that helped. All was good until a breakdown at 5:30. I am quite glad this day is over. I hope Flexeril and rest will have me ready for tomorrow.

To make things interesting we have a foot of snow on the way. It is to start tomorrow and end Wednesday morning. This will give me plenty to do as I do not get home until 7pm. Spring is when we get the biggest storm here.

Mimi, leaning to say no, not today, is huge. I need to learn this one better.

Lou, that does not found fun at all. I hope the bill is not bad for asbestos.

Take care everyone, have a good night.

Cory

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
462 of 537 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.