Skip to content
Trying to figure out what is wrong
gen456 posted:
Hi. I am in the process of trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I ache all over and moving is difficult. I'm nauseous but I think it is due to the pain. I feel tingly and bloated all over my body. Are these some of the symptoms of Fibromyalgia? Any body else suffer with this? It isn't an every day occurance but when it happens it can last from a couple days to a week. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
ajnsmom responded:
Hi, you will need to go to the doctor and tell him/her your symptoms. I got fibro in November 2010 and had some of the same symptoms. The doctor diagnosed me after checking all the tender points. I didn't feel bloated or tingly at the time, but people with fibro or other illnesses don't always share the same symptoms. My advice is to go ahead and schedule a doc appt. I pray that it isn't fibro because there is no cure. Please check out all the advice on this board in the meantime in case you start another "flare."

Linda S.
Anon_10089 replied to ajnsmom's response:
Yes, the doctor is a good start. FM is also diagnosed by ruling other things out. There are a lot of other things that can cause these symptoms that will show up on tests so we usually need to start there.
gen456 replied to Anon_10089's response:
Is there a blood test that will determine if I do have Fibromyalgia?
dollbug replied to gen456's response:
Hello gen....MiMi in NC. Actually there is a new test which does determine whether or not you have fm. Insurance companies though do not pay for it and it costs just under $800.....not a test that most of us can afford. I am sure though that IF indeed it is a good test that perhaps insurance companies will soon allow it. (we can always hope). For the most part doctors just rule out other illnesses that it might be...and then the doctor will finally check your *pressure points* and decide whether or not you have it.

I do hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* though in the meantime. I am sure you will find some good *tools* that perhaps you have not thought of trying yet.

Have you gotten your Vitamin D level checked? If not, speak to your doctor about getting this done. It is a simple blood test but you must ASK the doctor to do it, as it is not included in the normal blood work that the doctors do.

Take care.


gen456 replied to dollbug's response:
Thanks for the replies I will be seeing my Dr on Wednesday and will ask for blood work to be done and also to investigate the cause of this pain

Helpful Tips

Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
485 of 560 found this helpful