Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thursday 3/20/2014 ******Spring has arrived ******
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily. Spring has arrived******can you believe it?
Well, that is, according to the calendar. It does NOT feel like spring yet. But hopefully it will SOON. Saturday in the 70's. WOW.

MiMi in NC. And it is supposed to be nice today through the week-end with another cold front on its way. Are you kidding? Nope...spring is here though. Let's just hope the warmer temps arrive soon. I am sure we will soon be complaining that it is too HOT, too dry, too wet or whatever else it might be. Be hopefully old man winter is leaving.

I woke up too darn early again this morning. Not enough rest makes a long day. I can feel a nap is headed my way.
Here is hoping each of you had a good night's rest and I hope we all have a good day, with little to no pain.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group recently. I am sure that you will find some good *tools* here that will perhaps make a difference in the way you cope. It does take a trial and error process to find the right combination of tools that will help you cope better....so continue to learn all you can about what others have found that has improved their journey each day with the wrath of the dragon, aka FM.

Learning how to pace, pace and pace even more just might be a good start. Our body needs rest. Sometimes we just have to say no to whatever might be on our plate. We also should look around to see how to make things easier for our lives. We have to learn how to read our bodies and know when enough is enough. Perhaps keeping a daily journal might help those of you who are just beginning this journey. Keep tabs on your activities, what you eat and your pain levels as well. This is a good way to also allow your doctor to see what is going on with your health as well.

Sleep is important too. Lack of sleep can cause more pain. I am well aware of this. I have had issues with this myself and I know quite well just how lack of sleep can affect my day.

Vitamin D. Get out in the sunshine when you can. Soak up the warm sun rays as springtime arrives.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good 1st day of Spring everyone! I do so hope that the sun and warm that comes with spring comes to all of us soon. I swear this cold and the dreary over cast days are one day longer than they should be on my last nerve.

I wanted to take a few minutes here to say thank you for getting me through another bad winter. I start to go down hill in October and by February I'm a painful mess. Well I would be a depressed and hopeless mess, if it weren't for all of you here, being here, to help me get through the winter with suggestions, helpful tips and well just by being up beat and hopeful. I really don't know if I'd make it each winter if you weren't here to help me.. So thank you one and all for caring about me and being who you all are.. a great group of supportive family.

DH is home today and it's going to be an pretty day with sun and warm temps. For today. But soon more clouds and some cooler temps will be here and it will be a wait and see if we get to feeling the spring effects here.

The Dogwood trees are blooming and you can see daffodils everywhere now. Lawns are getting color back and leaves are popping out. Spring is here we just don't have those open your doors and window mornings yet. I can't wait.

Cory, Nancy, Lou and to all those who post here and live up and east of Tennessee I do so hope that signs of winter being gone are popping up. I wish each of you a beautiful spring day and hope that with each day coming you find your days filled with sunshine and warmth.

Got my Neurologist to get me a script for Lyrica. On night 6 and so far getting used to it. Should have started out on a lower dose like 75 MG 2 xs a day and work my way up to the higher dose I'm on, but he put me on the 150 MG right off the bat so I'm getting used to getting up bit tired and groggy. I called and asked if using the higher dose at night and a lower dose in the day time would be possible. He'll be back in his office Monday, so I wait and until I hear from him I'm only using the one pill at night. And yay, Lyrica works. My feet are getting so good I forget there's a problem with um.
Happy, Happy.

MiMi, sorry you didn't get in a full night's sleep. I know so well how that feels.. hope you can catch a nap today and recoup.

Guess I should get this day going.. Gentle hugs and best wishes to all, Linda R

katmandulou responded:
Happy Vernal Equinox!

Warm here today, in the 50s and sunny after an overnight rain. what don't I need in my life? More water!

We've had the oil company, asbestos remediator and insurance cadaster tramp through the house, and everyone who comes through teaches me something new. The pipe that must be repaired is under the kitchen ion a 2 foot dirt crawlspace. My pipes are insulated with asbestos, and the backing of my kitchen floor is also asbestos. And insurance company has rejected most of our claim, calling it a "long-term problem." Really? Do they think mold grows overnight? So I'll be arguing with them soon.

DH leaves on a one week business trip tomorrow, so the onus is on me to get the pipe repair done quickly. The kitchen still smells like mold and wet wood, and my eyes burn. I'll have to move out for a few days, and send the dog on vacation, too.

And yes, I hurt all over. I can't sleep, feel queasy after eating. The good news is that I'm knitting like crazy! It really helps ground me. Thanks for listening to me gripe!!

I wish you all the best day YOU can possibly have,
Lou

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. I survived my work week. It is over aside from the remodeling here. I was scared a few times with how my back felt in the morning. After my Gabapentin and Plaquenil kicked in it was tolerable. I am a mess once again. I knew I would be at some point, and it is always at the worst time.

My Basset male was not doing well last night. He would not climb the stairs. I almost carried him but he came up one step at a time. It took about 10 minutes. This morning he would not come out of his kennel for the wife. When I got home though he was a happy puppy and mostly himself. I hope he is ok. He is an incredible dog. He does have a heart murmur and is getting old.

I have a few errands to run and some light work to do on the walls. I will pace today as best I can.

We are supposed to get snow in the morning tomorrow. 3-5" is expected, just enough to have to move it. It has been quit for weeks, so I guess we are due. This is when we get the most usually.

I will be back later, enjoy the day.

Cory

fibroinsd replied to mnjeepguy's response:
snow???? unbelievable !

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

rudyandirmouse replied to mnjeepguy's response:
Cory, snow, again. Really sorry about that... we've got a good day Friday but it's back to colder temps and rain next week.

WHEN WILL WINTER LET GO????

Glad your work week is done and that you will be able to slow down the home project and recoup.

Gentle hugs, Linda r

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
461 of 536 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.