Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Saturday *****3/22/2014*****
dollbug posted:
Morning FMily....a Happy Saturday to everyone. MiMi in NC where it is chilly....but it is supposed to be a very nice day. We had a great day yesterday as well. BUT they have promised that another *COLD FRONT* is on its way. WHAT????? Old man winter needs to EXIT. NC does not need any more. I think we are all sick and tired of this winter weather. It is now spring and we want warmer weather with lots of sunshine. My GD came yesterday and wanted to know when they could go swimming. OMG. I told her it is not warm enough to swim yet.

I had a nice day with my newest GS yesterday. He is such a sweetheart. Growing and happy. But when it is nap time....well, better watch out. It takes just a few seconds of fussing and he is out. He has found his feet. I was changing him yesterday and he pulled his sock off. We play pat a cake and he loves this. He just laughs. He and I have become best friends. He just lights up when he sees me. So sweet. There is nothing like a little one to love. I think he is already spoiled a bit. But I guess this is what life is all about. I love my GC.

OK...hope each of you had a good week and I hope the week-end is a good one as well. I do hope you have some sunshine to enjoy.....get out and get some of the natural Vitamin D that we all need. I hope those who have been under the weather a bit will find that they are doing better. Remember to pace, pace and pace some more. Yes, this helps.

Welcome to the new members who have joined our support group. I am sure that you will soon find some good *tools* that just might make a BIG difference in the way you feel. There are no magic pills which work for everyone.....so hang in there and find out what works for you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

mnjeepguy responded:
Good morning everyone. We have about 6" of heavy wet snow that firmed up over night. It is a mere 4 degrees! That just isn't fair. I guess I should be thankful it's above zero? I see that cold is headed south and east of here the next few days. They are also predicting a possible noreaster could be brewing for Tuesday on the east coast, from New England down to NC. Watch the weather.

I am doing better today. I have to say that is the worst I have felt ever. I am glad it is behind me. I think everyone else in the house is in the clear. I slept through the night, I just tossed and turned a lot. My hound is even back to his old self, so things are getting back to normal.

After a bit I have to move snow then we will work on the ceiling for the bathroom. We are getting closer. I will listen to my body today and stop if I have to. As promised I will show pictures when finished.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay warm and safe. One would not think we have to be saying such things in spring, but what do you do? Take care everyone.

Cory

rudyandirmouse responded:
Good Saturday one and all. I do hope that this will be a good day for each of you. A day where fibro's issues or pain will not keep you from doing all the things you want to do your way.

MiMi, our yesterday was so beautiful. Picture perfect. A joy to be out in the sun and warmth. The Dogwood trees are all coming to life now.. colorful pink, yellow and white flowers on them. And green leaves are coming up on the limbs of the trees. All signs of spring but it only the temps would follow. Will be 65 today, some sun later but so cold the next few night, low 30's. All the plants will come back in each of those nights but I know that they will be able to stay out at nights a week from now when the cold will be pushed up by the warmth from the Gulf. Yay that.

I was surprised that my Hawaiian ginger plant that I bought in Hawai'i last September and my other Hawaiian plants made it through the winter so well that you'd never know they'd been indoors.. but they were right in the upstairs window and I made sure that I babied them through the winter. I bought the Ginger plant at a cart just at the gate as I boarded the plane to LA. So it was a shot in the dark that I'd be able to get it to grow. AM SO HAPPY that it did and that it's grown so big.

MiMi, you sound so happy when you talk about your littlest GS. How happy it is to see the little ones find their feet, roll over sit up.. I envy you seeing these firsts.

Lou, hope that you have been able to get the area ready for mold removal and repair and that you are already out of the house. I do hope that you don't have any more feelings of being sick. As for the insurance company " go get um " for the cost of the repair.

Cory, hope today you are feeling better. I send <<< feel better >>> hugs,

Not a lot on my plate today. Ran errands that needed to be done yesterday when it was sunny and warm. I don't know just why, but I am feeling much better fibro symptom and IBS wise. I am thinking it has to be either it was 2 days of wonderful sunshine and warmth or it's Lyrica and new IBS medication, Either way I'll take it. The only side effect from the Lyrica that I've noticed is my getting up very slowly in the a.m. because I'm kind of groggy and off balance. But the one dose at night seems to be helping the foot pain. Not sure what I'll do when I'm told to take the day dose.. guess try it.

DH is done with the screened in porch, which is now going to keep the bees and wasps out, so our tonight will be a kind of Date Night. I hope. I'd like to go see a movie. But instead I may end up going to DD's to get her to get photos out of the old lap top, to the thumb drive back up, and then into the new lap top. I have tried, GS has tried and yet we can't get them into the new lap top. So maybe DH and I'll do that instead of a movie and dinner out Date Night.

Okay, will close this here.. wishing each of you a wonderful day.
Gentle hugs, Linda R

fibroinsd responded:
good day...

a bit overcast here...but I am not complaining..no snow !

We are going to a funeral today...again ! This is really a sad one, though...a 35 year old son of someone my DH worked for..we aren't sure what happened, but think it was something like a suicide..It will be very sad...a fine young man with so much going for him..

cece
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional !- Mary Englebright

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
457 of 532 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.