Skip to content
Different vision-Does anyone else see,visually than others around them?
An_255674 posted:
I've always had different vision than the people around me. I'm more sensitive to light. Fibro..I was also diagnosed with Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome(aka visual dyslexia); this is when the letters wiggle on the page and make some words disappear. I always have to reread something a couple times to get anything out of it. Reading lists of numbers is all but impossible.

But in this case, I see everything in tiny, microscopic dots. Like one of those paintings. I've always seen that way, and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Do I sound nuts? This way of seeing things isn't blurry, but it can be distracting. It's like "super vision" LOL...kinda enhanced, I have been able to find things like needles on carpets, when others can't.
It's so weird...seriously, am I nuts?

booch007 responded:
Morning,

This sounds amazing, I have never heard of this. It sounds like , you know in autism there are (sevants ?spelling) the children who are amazing at things....

Well it sounds like you are a sevant (sp?) for vision.....

Me, I am blind...always was. Had laser surgery and got out of glasses for a bit then right back in them. Then a detachment in the left eye caused a wrinkle and now I am a mess at times.
Either reading glasses on or distance with astigmatic lenses on. . (Miss the emocion here....I would put the glasses one in here) Lol.

Good luck with this....amazing stuff. NancyB

rowan73 replied to booch007's response:
Thanks
I'm sorry to hear about your vision, but I envy all of your senses that have come to compensate for it.....
as a matter of fact, my eldest is autistic. I knew within hours of his birth that he was going to be special...or in some circles, "extra-ordinary". I was never diagnosed with anything (including FM), but maybe the tree doesn't fall from the apple.....envision head-scratch here....food for thought...
Thanks!
*gentle hug*
Smile you're never alone, and laughter is the best medicine. As Bobby McFerrin said Don't worry, be happy...an anthem for me...remember stress makes it worse ;)

Helpful Tips

~FM TIPS - LIVING W/ FM - TOOLBOX ~WELCOME NEWCOMMERS~
Welcome to Our FMily! My name is MeMe, I'm an FM suffer of 19 years, along with autoimmune diseases & other conditions. ... More
Was this Helpful?
465 of 540 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.