Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to Group
ammienbama posted:
Hey yall! I'm new to the group, and well, newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I've been having problems for going o 5 YEARS now, & they only seem to be getting worse! I'm on Lyrica 150 mg 3x day, along with 3 other fibro meds, well, 2, I just recently stopped taking Savella. I'm just SEARCHING for ANYTHING that might help! Tai-Chi is WONDERFUL, when I CAN (my problems are in the upper extremities mainly) Some days I can't raise my arms shoulder level & above!

dollbug responded:
Hello and welcome. MiMi in NC. Sorry that you have met the wrath of the dragon. It took the doctors long enough to figure it out, didn't it? It is sad that the doctors are not more aware of what might be causing our problems.

I do hope you will check out the info here under *tips* and *resources* and be sure and read the *member toolbox* as well.

Have you tried using a heating pad? I use mine almost every day and night. Taking a hot shower at night right before bedtime using lavender bath salts helps my body to relax so that I can sleep better. Sleep is so very important of us FMers.

I would also encourage you to ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D level which is important to a lot of people these days. Low Vitamin D can cause some people to have additional pain and it can also affect other illnesses as well.

I am sure you will soon find something that will help you cope better. Continue to learn all you can about this ugly and mean illness. The more you know, the better you will cope.

Take care.

MiMi
IN GOD WE TRUST....MAY GOD BLESS AND GUIDE AMERICA....

ammienbama replied to dollbug's response:
Thank you MiMi! This IS truly an ugly disease! Things get to me now, that would never bother me in the least before. It's TERRIBLE! I have too many Dr's trying to help me get things figured out, but I really need them right now (or my pri care Dr says I do...I just think I need him & my psychiatrist-they seem to be the only ones that LISTEN to ME). I wish I didn't HAVE to have meds, but that's not gonna happen, so...now I'm just wishing/WANTING ANYTHING that MIGHT help with the pain. Honestly, the BEST thing I've found is SUNSHINE! When all else fails, if the suns a shining, I'll just go out, and catch me a few rays. I'll definitely talk to the Dr about my vit D levels, he actually drew blood last week.

I'll also try to check out the tips/resources/member toolbox sections here. I'm trying to find any & all of the info that I possibly can. I HAVE found 1Dr that treats neuropathy/fibro (a new thing). He's the ONLY one in ALABAMA! I'm trying to get into talk to him, if only to see what he has to say, may be able to offer.

Thank you!

Helpful Tips

For All our new members
Welcome all new members, I want you to understand how important it is to be o.k. with coming here to lift your spirits and release ... More
Was this Helpful?
368 of 395 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.